It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traitors will attempt to bring down UK government next week

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I cannot think of anything worse than having your home or business flooded, so I fully empathise with those effected. However, I think that on this occasion it's being over-politicised because of the election. There is support offered and given by the Government. Some people who find that they did not take out home and contents insurance may be regretting that choice.

The problem with flooding is that in most cases housing has been built in the wrong areas and agriculture and other land use has exacerbated the problem e.g. draining flood plains. It's a complex problem to solve but I still wonder why we are making the same mistakes. A few miles from me they are building a new housing estate in a place which is known to flood, which is just criminally negligent of planning authorities who allow such developments to go ahead, but they’ll still act surprised when the houses are flooded out and the Government has to come in and spend millions to resolve.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Fairness yes , but not everyone is a benefit thief , and in actual fact benefit fraud costs less to the government than tax avoidance and evasion.
So you are totally comparing an apple to an orange.

they may not be responsible for it but governments do attempt to reduce suffering through various public schemes and projects
such as the NHS

or introduce food banks , or benefits etc for the extremely poor .

Sorry but brexit will cause suffering, if the tory government are in power , they have already caused suffering , do I need to list their failures and people who have died as a result of their terrible policies

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

.....but brexit will cause suffering, if the tory government are in power.

A Tory government will cause suffering regardless of Brexit.

Brexit is being used as a once in a lifetime scapegoat for absolutely everything.
There certainly hasn't been anywhere near the levels of doom and gloom that was predicted pre-Brexit, who's to say it will be any different post-Brexit.

Unfortunately I think both Labour and the LibUndems will cause a whole different type of suffering.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I adore how in love you are, thanks for noticing bitterness through the internet

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

I adore how in love you are, thanks for noticing bitterness through the internet

No thanks required. Just your bitterness is enough of a reward.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

A vote for the Tories is a vote to suffer.

Especially if you are a pensioner or in low paid employment.

Fact is a significant percentage of over 50s that vote Tory will never live to see them draw their pension if they raise the retirement age to 75 and punt the NHS to American medical industry.

It's not 100,000 of people's lives they will be responsible for taking but millions.
edit on 14-11-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

lmao, please could you show where i offer any support to any politician, then show my bitterest quote to nigel, i think your internal voice is in rant mode again

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

lmao, please could you show where i offer any support to any politician, then show my bitterest quote to nigel, i think your internal voice is in rant mode again

Wonderful.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Especially if you are a pensioner or in low paid employment.

I am a pensioner, there are four other pensioners as near neighbours my daughter

is not earning enough to be a tax payer, and none of us are suffering!!!

Fact is a significant percentage of over 50s that vote Tory will never live to see them draw their pension if they raise the retirement age to 75

My daughter is in that catergory and her job is quite strenuous, though I'm

not sure who she votes for.

and punt the NHS to American medical industry.

Rumour and supposition, and more propaganda.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Well I hope that never happens pal

but , you best just prepare anyway

although I am not sure what you can do apart from not vote tory !

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Oh, I don't know. There are poor people under Labour too, or even the SNP. In Scotland income inequality and rates of poverty are rising despite this being a devolved issue, and nothing to do with the UK government. Surely, a vote for the SNP is a vote to suffer.

Fact is a significant percentage of over 50s that vote Tory will never live to see them draw their pension if they raise the retirement age to 75 and punt the NHS to American medical industry.

You must stop believing all the memes you pick up. You are being spoon-fed drivel. The retirement age is not going to be raised to 75 and the Tories are not going to give the NHS to the US. The latter won't be allowed by the electorate and the former is just made up, where a report is being cited as policy, when it's not.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Aye, your right Tories are fabulous specimens.

They love the poor.

Creating them that is.

I do know having lived under both regimes, and the SNP, and i think i ken just fine which side my bread was better buttered.

Lets just a say i hope you like margarine, because memes aside, i can't believe Boris is not dead in a ditch yet. x

edit on 14-11-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

So no direct quote of my bitterness yet, let me help you

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   

a vote for the SNP is nothing like the suffering which the Whole UK go through under a tory led government

the SNP will secure our independence and we will be free from the conservative eton elite and the house of lords forever

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   

a vote for the SNP is nothing like the suffering which the Whole UK go through under a tory led government

the SNP will secure our independence and we will be free from the conservative eton elite and the house of lords forever

and possibly for the first time, they will suffer not having Scotland

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

The Scot's already had one vote which they lost?....... Whatever gives you

the idea another referendum would give a different result?

I have watched many political programmes and interviews and have been

surprised at how many people who have said "Nicola Sturgun thinks she does

but she doesn't speak for all of Scotland"

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:53 AM
link   
For the many, not the few.

Anyone on ATS still getting duped into voting for the Tory establishment, you guys are beyond stupid. Like turkeys voting for Christmas.

You vote Tory because you still listen to the MSM. It's easy to see.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

and possibly for the first time, they will suffer not having Scotland
A vote for the SNP is basically a vote for the Tories. Total waste of a vote, Scotland will never get it's independence, referendums are just little games to keep you guys busy. If you wanted independence you would have to fight for it, which is never gonna happen.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Xabi87

Who will we have to fight?

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon
a reply to: Xabi87

Who will we have to fight?

The people who own you? Do you think the guys at SNP are legit on your side?

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join