It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traitors will attempt to bring down UK government next week

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Ghandis approach seems like it will take generations to achieve a victory against violent oppression

Ha ha, Ghandi.
The hero of all pacifists and new age thinkers......the man who thought black people were sub-human and whose only disagreement with apartheid was that included Indians.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

yeh it's something I've never understood , the whole non violent approach
how do you take a non violent approach to a person beating you in the face with a nightstick
or stomp your head to the ground with regular issue police boots

as they always say , its about the message not the man

Ghandi may have been a racist , but he had a decent message

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: UKTruth

hit a nerve hahahah nah man , he is just a bell end
he actually looks like a spitting image puppet

Thanks for making my point.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Ghandi may have been a racist , but he had a decent message

But not a decent message for Africans. He also did not like Muslims. He just realsied what we all know, is that non-violent protest delivers more results than violence. It was not rocket science.
edit on 13/11/2019 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   

what that Nigel farage is an ignorant # and needs to be called that every time his name is mentioned ?

Just because I decided to call him a # doesnt mean that he is on my nerves

what is this highschool again ?

are you going to say Im in a mood now ?

edit on 13-11-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

aye we all know that no one is perfect

I was just bringing up the non violence theory of ghandi to make the point that its not really going to get us anywhere fast
it takes time and patience to slowly dissolve a government through non violence or non participation.

In comparison Violence maybe brutal and the least desirable route to anything , but its is effective in immediate change

Im not sitting here naively thinkng that ghandi is some sort of saint and im supporting him by mentioning his name.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

In comparison Violence maybe brutal and the least desirable route to anything , but its is effective in immediate change
Im not sitting here naively thinkng that ghandi is some sort of saint and im supporting him by mentioning his name.

Hmmmn..... Much in the same way of a 'hard Brexit' ??

Rip the plaster off!!

edit on 13-11-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Pissed myself laughing last night watching The Conservative Party political broadcast.

Boris Johnson supposedly at ease walking through his office.
One serious question followed by one random question designed to make him look like an ordinary man of the people.
All very contrived and false.

But the biggest laugh was when asked who his favourite bands were....The Rolling Stones and believe it or not The Clash.
The Clash.....they despised everything Boris represents.
Joe will be turning in his grave.

On a par with Cameron and his liking for The Jam's Eton Rifles.

Whoever wrote this for him may have a future in satire.

Hopefully more comedy moments await.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

thats just it though governments are meant to ensure laws are enacted among society to bring order and justice
and prevent suffering

yet Brexit will cause suffering

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I just want to know how he has managed to take hostage of a dog for so long ?

Dog owning conservatives I fear for the poor wee hings

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

thats just it though governments are meant to ensure laws are enacted among society to bring order and justice

And fairness, which doesn't equate to making the work shy equal to those

who work two jobs long hours to achieve for themselves or families.

and prevent suffering

^^^No^^^ the government is not responsible for that......

Whatever happened to people taking personal responsibility?

English Language Definition of suffering : pain that is caused by injury, illness, loss, etc. : physical, mental, or emotional pain.

Brexit will cause suffering

Not according to the majority who voted for it, No pain no gain?

I'll take some pain for a bigger gain in the long run..........

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
A poignant day today, I attended the funeral of my good friend, Mick. A life long Tory voter and Brexiteer through and through. Sad to say I was the only mourner there to witness his untimely demise to the emotive sounds of 'Objects in the rearview mirror...' By Meat Loaf (One of his favs!). I laid a Union Jack flag over his coffin before the conveyor belt took him away. I think he would have liked that.

On the upside, We have a YES for the 11th from THE MAN himself, Tim Martin! (AKA The white Mandela) who will lead the March to freedom from the Last Post, Beeston to the Tappers Harker, Long Eaton on what will be a historic day.

Having a few blood tests tomorrow. It's only taken three weeks!

edit on 13-11-2019 by DougHole64 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2019 by DougHole64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Just watched bbc news. They are all over Boris being "heckled" when visiting flooded bits.
Yet when Corbyn was heckled by scots guy about which terrorist he would be 1st to invite to 10 downing st they showed the video without what the heckler said just letting us hear him say " your running away"
The bbc is ridiculously biased!

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
Just watched bbc news. They are all over Boris being "heckled" when visiting flooded bits.
Yet when Corbyn was heckled by scots guy about which terrorist he would be 1st to invite to 10 downing st they showed the video without what the heckler said just letting us hear him say " your running away"
The bbc is ridiculously biased!

Couldn't agree more, old boy! When our great leader Mr Johnson gets unjustly heckled by a large number of unfortunates (Probably remainers!) whose homes have been flooded, it's all over the BBC!

And yet when a single (possibly drunk?) Scottish heckler shouts down that traitor baron Corbyn, it's barely even mentioned. It's a bloody disgrace!

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DougHole64

well you know what the BBC are like in Scotland , they never report the truth here !

"great leader" is the UK the DPRK all of a sudden , Johnson is already looking like the worst PM in history
maybe those blood tests should get back quicker you are obviously not feeling right .
All jokes aside , hope you get a positive result and its all good " Slainte Math "

What do you mean he was possibly drunk ?

of course we're aww #in steamin

edit on 14-11-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DougHole64

Couldn't agree more, old boy! When our great leader Mr Johnson gets unjustly heckled by a large number of unfortunates (Probably remainers!) whose homes have been flooded, it's all over the BBC!

Funnily enough I have just watched the news on sky, and the devastation left by

the continuing forrest fires. The news reporter was with a couple who were visiting

the remains of what appears to have been a lovely home (I said remains however

they didn't even have a first floor remain standing which could have had some

precious memories saved) They were beyond sad they were devastated............

While I was watching that my mind was comparing the news clips of the awful

floodsand the reactions of the people in the UK, two what could be termed in

insurance speak as natural disasters but only one was 'blaming the government'!!!

edit on 14-11-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   

what that Nigel farage is an ignorant # and needs to be called that every time his name is mentioned ?

Anyone who constantly praises the man, is probably in a kneeling position with their mouth open, I like you can see through NF (what a coincidence his initials are) for what he is, shame others love giving him a reach around

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Anyone who constantly praises the man, is probably in a kneeling position with their mouth open, I like you can see through NF (what a coincidence his initials are) for what he is, shame others love giving him a reach around

Also, thanks for making my point.

Loving how bitter you chaps are!

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I don't think people affected by the floods were blaming the government for the floods but for the inadequate response.

When the area last flooded 12years ago I was down there on a Scooter Rally - I cheated and went by train - and the flooding was horrendous.
It seems the flood defences have not improved much since then and there has been a lack of investment by several administrations.
And their is a perceived lack of assistance from Westminster.....I'm sure it'd be different if it was The Home Counties that had suffered similar flooding.

People have lost their homes and all their possessions, emotions are bound to be running high.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DougHole64

When our great leader Mr Johnson......

?
I suspect 'great' is a word that history will never use to describe 'Mr Johnson'.

......gets unjustly heckled by a large number of unfortunates......

'Unjustly'?
Most have lost their homes and all their worldly possessions and have seen relatively little assistance from Westminster.

......(Probably remainers!).....

69% of people in region voted for Brexit.

.....whose homes have been flooded,......

Whinging twats, haven't they got anything serious to moan and complain about?

....it's all over the BBC!

Damned commie propagandists, fancy reporting such things?

And yet when a single (possibly drunk?) Scottish heckler......

Stereotyping much?
No different to Scots stereotyping us English as arrogant, ignorant knobheads.....oh, hang on a minute.

...... shouts down that traitor baron Corbyn,.....

At last, some common ground, the man is a bloody disgrace and thoroughly unsuited to high office.

..... it's barely even mentioned.

Definitely some selective reporting there.

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join