It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traitors will attempt to bring down UK government next week

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: turbonium1

This thread is NOT about the rights and wrongs of income tax....as far as I am aware it is about how our elected representatives have failed the UK, Brexit and the upcoming General Election in this country.

I personally have nothing but contempt for our politicians and our current party political system both of which I think have completely failed us.
But I have few problems with paying taxes to help pay for the service and upkeep of things like waste collection, policing, roads, defence and security, NHS and countless other communal services etc.
What I don't like is misappropriation and waste of these taxes.

As for who really rules us and how they do so maybe you should start a thread on it and I'm sure some of us will contribute to it.

You're right, the issue went off-topic with the income tax discussion, even though it is connected to the issue, as governments are involved in both, and create problems with both, among many other issues, as well.

I agree with you about the misuse, and waste of all the tax money, which they collect from us, too. Taking our money is one thing. Putting it in one huge pot of ALL tax revenue is another thing. It allows the governments to never have to account for where each tax goes to, which is why they do it.

The Brexit issue is also where the government dictates what to do, what not to do, while the citizens have no rights to make a collective decision, or a majority decision, of what THEY want to do, or not do. They play one side against the other, and no other options even are discussed, as if they don't exist. Same as they do with political parties, where issues have only two opposing sides, and nobody mentions any other alternative, like it's one or the other option, and that's it!

As for the real rulers, it's an issue worth discussing, and perhaps there's already a thread on it, but if not, maybe I'll start one, when time permits.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

hahaha alright mate , you feeling ok after that Brutal personal attack on you ?
if you consider that a personal attack then I fear for you in this thread
which is laden with banter / patter between members

the only internal conflict I have is over what to eat for dinner mate

I pay taxes for weapons of war , I don't agree with that and I think that its theft to support murder.

im quite happy for the government to steal my money for things like social programs

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Farage has done the right thing by stepping down all his candidates in Tory held seats.
He can now focus 100% on destroying Labour and riddign this country of traitors.
Well done Nigel - a selfless move for the good of this nation.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I hope you aren't labelling all traditional Labour supporters and voters as 'traitors'?

Sure, the movers and shakers in this poor imitation of The Labour Party we currently have are a particularly despicable group of individuals.....but let's face it, those currently representing The Conservative Party are also pretty vile creatures.
Any party that deliberately targets, vilifies and punishes the most needy and wanting in our society qualifies as traitors in my book!

As for Farage - a frustrated Tory - I'm not too sure this is the right thing.
Take my home constituency; reasonably solid Labour in the past but with a gradually reducing majority.
Voted for Brexit and indications are that if anything that support has increased.
Excellent incumbent Labour MP with a great record of representing her constituency but has lost an incredible amount of support through her stance on Brexit - she's a Remainer.
Many traditional Labour supporters here will NEVER vote Tory, but might vote for The Brexit Party.
But they may also take many votes from swing voters who may otherwise vote Tory.

Voters are in a predicament.

All options available are thoroughly detestable and not fit for high office!

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Nigel farage and selfless in the same sentence

hahahahahah

aye ok mate

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
Nigel farage and selfless in the same sentence

hahahahahah

aye ok mate

It's otherwise known as Farage has embarrassing climb down after Johnson calls his bluff.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Looks like Farage has hit a real nerve with some - those that he intended to

Top job!

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:39 AM
link   

hit a nerve hahahah nah man , he is just a bell end
he actually looks like a spitting image puppet

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:40 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   

his name and words carry about as much weight as an electron

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   

his name and words carry about as much weight as an electron

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   

yeah Farage is the guy to trust, you do continue to write nonsense, as much as i agree about corbyn, aint no truth falling from farage or his minions mouths

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Sorry about the quad post my internet was acting up there

Anyway whats this hitting a nerve #e

this isnt america where we "reeeeeeeeeeeee" and have Farage Derangement syndrome

we are human beings we just react to #s who think they can tell us what to do

its not because we are snowflakes , its because they are #s plain and simple

nae # likes a #

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Absolute class

hahahah

Why so many want to vote for these scum is beyond me

they are going to destroy the national services in the UK
and we will all suffer apart from the tories , and its going to be so sad after the dust settles when all those who vote tory
are let down with promise after promise .

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I've just read that Nigel Farage announced that his "BREXIT PARTY" would not contest any conservative seats won in the 2017 general election.

So effectively the tories and brexit party are working together to determine the future of the UK

so if you are a tory your party has been co-opted by the brexit party ?

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I'm not sure they are actually 'working together' in some sort of pact. If they were then I think the Tories would not be contesting a lot of the Labour held northern and Welsh constituencies which are also pro-Brexit.
A lot of people in these areas will never, ever vote Tory but they would vote for The Brexit Party.

My personal concerns are that this is increasingly becoming a one subject election; Brexit.
It's impossible to understate just how important Brexit is but I would urge people to also consider just who they want to run this country once this whole Brexit mess has been finally sorted out.

For me the answer is simple; absolutely none of the above.
Not one of the party's are fit to govern and none of the party leaders - including the SNP - are fit for high office.

What a truly awful, #ty situation to be in and a damning indictment of our political system and even our society in general.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

yeh mate we are all pretty much screwed

there is no win for anyone other than tories or brexit party

not that those voters will actually win anything , but the parties will be winners
while the rest of us suffer and languish in the remains of the UK

none of the above would be too good

but I fear the only way we will get none of the above is through voting with molatovs

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

....but I fear the only way we will get none of the above is through voting with molatovs

Always been an option I've been open to.

As Joe said; "Anger can be power".

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I'm very much against violence, but once in a while it seems very necessary and even natural

maybe the Italian futurists were right , war and violence is the worlds only hygiene

it rids us of so many things

including #e dictators, governments.

Ghandis approach seems like it will take generations to achieve a victory against violent oppression

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join