It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traitors will attempt to bring down UK government next week

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Its friday night and if not in pub may i recommend watching "the last leg" on channel 4 to restore some sanity to the news?

🍻🍷🍸

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
hahaha funny#

anyway more importantly when did turbo make an appearance ? next he will be telling us that BREXIT isn't real

Your internal conflict continues as usual, sadly.

This issue, or any issue, has many different opinions, viewpoints, which are debated, discussed, argued for, argued against.

Personal attacks are used by insecure people, lashing out insults at those who caused internal conflict, which cannot be resolved within.

I'm saying income taxes are pure theft, a worldwide criminal act, which is to steal our wages, nobody else worked for, nobody has a right to take away...

Do you really believe you benefit from the government taking money from you, all the time, which you earned, which could be used to buy food, help you get a decent place to live, for you, and your family, or help to raise children, etc?

Nobody benefits from income tax, except you believe income tax builds roads, allows health care, and so on...

Nonsense.

Do they show us where the money goes, after taking it from us in taxes? As if.

Who paid the taxes, doesn't see where it goes, they say where it goes, and if you wish to believe this fantasy tale, go ahead. I think it's a massive crime, and all the evidence proves it is.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

hahaha funny#

anyway more importantly when did turbo make an appearance ? next he will be telling us that BREXIT isn't real

This issue, or any issue, has many different opinions, viewpoints, which are debated, discussed, argued for, argued against.

Personal attacks are used by insecure people, lashing out insults at those who caused internal conflict, which cannot be resolved within.

I'm saying income taxes are pure theft, a worldwide criminal act, which is to steal our wages, nobody else worked for, nobody has a right to take away...

Do you really believe you benefit from the government taking money from you, all the time, which you earned, which could be used to buy food, help you get a decent place to live, for you, and your family, or help to raise children, etc?

Nobody benefits from income tax, except you believe income tax builds roads, allows health care, and so on...

Nonsense.

Who paid the taxes, doesn't see where it goes, they say where it goes, and if you wish to believe this fantasy tale, go ahead. I think it's a massive crime, and all the evidence proves it is.

Posted the above in full to prove that Turbo does not understand one damn thing about local government.
Pathetic.
And brutally funny.
Keep at it Turbo! Public entertainment at its finest!

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 04:15 AM
link   

I and many, many others have made decent homes brought up children, with little

more than an average wage/salary and paid the required taxes.

Who pays the council/community workers within communities librarians, road

sweepers, grafitti cleaners, grass cutters, social housing and the up keep of,

policing etc.

TAX.!!??

*No man is an island* you live in a community...... you need to pay your way.

edit on 9-11-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Income tax is the collateralisation of the work force, it serves to maintain the central bank's hold on the populous.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

hahaha funny#

Nonsense.

Posted the above in full to prove that Turbo does not understand one damn thing about local government.
Pathetic.
And brutally funny.
Keep at it Turbo! Public entertainment at its finest!

Your bizarre obsession is ruining yet another once decent, and mature discussion of an issue....

Well done!

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

policing etc.

TAX.!!??

Sorry, but they all pay income tax, too. If income tax was for them, why would need to pay it? They wouldn't. So there's your proof income tax isn't needed for services. Otherwise, service workers would not pay income tax. Since the tax would be going to them, in the first place! Get it?

Having a tax for necessary services is obviously fair, but income tax is pure theft, a crime, and we are all the victims of this crime, in every possible way.

It may not seem to hurt you, but it hurts everyone, including you. Some people like you, and others, may be fine and dandy when they steal some of your money, but I think it's pure piracy. A pirate takes one pot of your money, but you still have three pots, so you don't care about it.

I have a home, worth a lot, but taxing my home's current market value, is utterly ridiculous. My home is not being sold, which has taxes on it, so why should I pay tax on it's current value? It's like taxing your car every year, by current value of the vehicle if it WAS sold. But they tax my home's current value, as if I had sold it. At that price, too. Not the actual price, or anything! If sold for less, you don't get tax refunded for the difference. If sold for MORE, you pay another tax, which is capital gain tax. The value is more than they thought, and you must pay for the difference, in this case!

Everyone works in exchange for money, their EARNINGS. Nobody else worked for it, only they did. It is rightfully their money, nobody has a right to steal it from them. If a thief takes your money, from a home safe, would you say it's good? No, you'd feel terrible. What's different to you is that you think 'legal' theft pays for needed services, so you think it's a 'greater good' theft.

Not at all, my friend. I've proven that, above.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

That's Boris visiting the Schools now.

Whilst the Sixth form pupils are confined to class all the same.

So as to avoid any awkward questions regarding education cuts and tuition fees per-chance?

It's just the ""specially selected"" younger pupils Boris will have words with, lucky them eh?

www.independent.co.uk... wAR2dGsl2EPz_t_g6_x1bJTTXnbw3wfIbHD4QKmQjC1K2v8bhvbL85iqW5Yg
edit on 9-11-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Saw him with a mop in his hand earlier helping out those who've been flooded .... never fear Boris's here !

Has anyone kissed a baby yet ?

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Boris has been there.

Wean don't look too chuffed all the same.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Bingo !
First to kiss the baby always wins.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Well, it will probably be a tight finish.

Certainly don't see it being a landslide for any of them.

Given the public's current temperament and general ambivalence that surrounds politics and politicians.

It's all just swings and roundabouts really, window dressing for the masses.

Not that December will not be interesting all the same, after all someone apt to be getting a lump of Coal in there stocking.

Probably all of us bar the 1%ers if we are honest.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

policing etc.

TAX.!!??

Couldn't agree more Elethia - a very smart woman! Taxes are the life blood of this fine country. I worked in the Parking Enforcement department at Nottingham City Council for thirty years until I took early retirement at fifty on a very generous pension. Were there difficult days? Too bloody right there were! But I kept my head down, kept my feet walking that beat and my arms reaching out to as many illegally parked vehicles in a ten mile radius as possible. I think you'll agree that there really is no greater civic duty than serving our local communitys. And we selfless few deserve to be celebrated and rewarded. It's like I keep saying to my Barry, forget about looking after those sickly folk at the QMC for pittance an hour! Get yourself a proper job for the Local Council and your set up for life!

Hope you'll be joining us on the 11th, Elethia! You'll be more than welcome, love - providing you don't bring that ridiculous looking cat with you, of course! Haha - Proper dogs only I'm afraid! Preferably rotties and Bulldogs.

edit on 9-11-2019 by DougHole64 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2019 by DougHole64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Sorry, but they all pay income tax, too. If income tax was for them, why would need to pay it? They wouldn't. So there's your proof income tax isn't needed for services. Otherwise, service workers would not pay income tax. Since the tax would be going to them, in the first place! Get it?

Because whatever one particular service they work for there are other services

they take advantage of who will also need paying... police, fire fighters, parks,

prisons, all need money to survive.Tax money in the pot to pay out for all social

services.

We dont lead insular lives we are entwined people lean on us we lean on them?

I will say again *no man is an island*

Having a tax for necessary services is obviously fair, but income tax is pure theft, a crime, and we are all the victims of this crime, in every possible way.

Income tax is taken at source and paid on what is earned, and fair as more is paid

by the higher earners.Do you never give to charity or help someone who has fallen

on hard times? I dont think you would be happy if your boss only paid the same

amount of tax as you?

It may not seem to hurt you, but it hurts everyone, including you. Some people like you, and others, may be fine and dandy when they steal some of your money, but I think it's pure piracy. A pirate takes one pot of your money, but you still have three pots, so you don't care about it.

Its the same for everyone........ depending on the size of their pots?

I pay the same in as others to our health service and am quite happy

to do so, even though I dont get out of it as much as many others at

present but I know its there for me should I need it. I may never need

it .......and I'll have paid a fair wack into it.

I have a home, worth a lot, but taxing my home's current market value, is utterly ridiculous. My home is not being sold, which has taxes on it, so why should I pay tax on it's current value? It's like taxing your car every year, by current value of the vehicle if it WAS sold. But they tax my home's current value, as if I had sold it. At that price, too. Not the actual price, or anything! If sold for less, you don't get tax refunded for the difference. If sold for MORE, you pay another tax, which is capital gain tax. The value is more than they thought, and you must pay for the difference, in this case!

If your house tax is due to your expensive house it surely is fairer to be

paying more than someone in a much smaller home? After all you could

pay less if you down graded?

Cars? my small run around is my extravagance, I could have a FREE bus pass.

Everyone works in exchange for money, their EARNINGS. Nobody else worked for it, only they did. It is rightfully their money, nobody has a right to steal it from them. If a thief takes your money, from a home safe, would you say it's good? No, you'd feel terrible. What's different to you is that you think 'legal' theft pays for needed services, so you think it's a 'greater good' theft.

Most of us live in a community and like everything it comes at a price. You

could go away and live off grid.

DISCLAIMER...... this is in the UK, If you are else where it wont be a lot
different, but there will obviously be some.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DougHole64

Couldn't agree more Elethia - a very smart woman!

Hmmnn... You sure you're using the correct pronoun? I could get offended.

I could be quite macho!

Taxes are the life blood of this fine country.

Or you could say "a necessary evil"

I worked in the Parking Enforcement department at Nottingham City Council for thirty years until I took early retirement at fifty on a very generous pension. Were there difficult days? Too bloody right there were! But I kept my head down, kept my feet walking that beat and my arms reaching out to as many illegally parked vehicles in a ten mile radius as possible. I think you'll agree that there really is no greater civic duty than serving our local communitys. And we selfless few deserve to be celebrated and rewarded.

You may have been rewarded, but celebrated? NEVER!!!!!

It's like I keep saying to my Barry, forget about looking after those sickly folk at the QMC for pittance an hour! Get yourself a proper job for the Local Council and your set up for life!

Leave him alone he's obviously doing a great job..... Job satisfaction counts

for a lot, and counts towards how one views ones self.

Hope you'll be joining us on the 11th, Elethia! You'll be more than welcome, love -

Is that an invitation? where are we going? and the 11th of when? How about the *12th of never*

providing you don't bring that ridiculous looking cat with you, of course! Haha - Proper dogs only I'm afraid!

I'll have you know he's a pure bred ankle snapper.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DougHole64

You were a traffic warden?

You expect to be 'celebrated'?

I'm afraid in my world you'd be persona non grata.......

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I don't think he would get a piece at many a doorstep to be honest.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Because whatever one particular service they work for there are other services

they take advantage of who will also need paying... police, fire fighters, parks,

prisons, all need money to survive.Tax money in the pot to pay out for all social

services.

"They take advantage" of other services? What is that supposed to mean? Each service is independently funded by income tax, according to you, so what are you talking about here? It looks like a lame excuse about why they need to pay income tax, which funded them in the first place, but I'll wait to here your explanation for it....

Income tax is taken at source and paid on what is earned, and fair as more is paid

by the higher earners.Do you never give to charity or help someone who has fallen

on hard times? I dont think you would be happy if your boss only paid the same

amount of tax as you?

Why would I care about how much tax my boss pays? I don't know, I don't care.

He's paid more than me, that's all I know, and why wouldn't he get paid more than me, I'm happy for him. I'm not pissed that I'm paid less then him, either. I get a fair wage, for my job. So does he.

And NOBODY should pay income tax - it is the money THEY earned, in fair exchange for THEIR work. Two parties, exchange money for labor, that's how it USED to be, and SHOULD be. Nobody else is involved in this exchange of labor for money, except the two parties.

Its the same for everyone........ depending on the size of their pots?

I pay the same in as others to our health service and am quite happy

to do so, even though I dont get out of it as much as many others at

present but I know its there for me should I need it. I may never need

it .......and I'll have paid a fair wack into it.

As I said earlier, taxes for needed services like health care are fair, and should be paid by tax revenue. But I'm also telling you that income tax is NOT needed, NOT used, to pay for our services. They don't have to pay for them, either, because every other tax source can pay for it, easily.

Why would all our tax money go into one big pot, called 'general revenue', or something? Think hard....

If you don't know the answer, I'll tell you later on...

If your house tax is due to your expensive house it surely is fairer to be

paying more than someone in a much smaller home? After all you could

pay less if you down graded?

That's not the point here. I said property that we have already paid for is wrongly being taxed. This tax does not pay for servicing the properties, it goes into their giant pot, once again, never to be seen, or heard about again. Nothing is known after it all goes into the same big pot. That's part one of the answer, as to why they do it.

Most of us live in a community and like everything it comes at a price. You

could go away and live off grid.

They should be removed as our government, replaced by a true representative government, who know income tax is wrong, and only harms us. Unfortunately, our governments aren't even our leaders, they are puppets of those who control every government on Earth. Not easy to break the whole intertwined, multi-layered control system, if it's even possible. But that's another issue...

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 04:04 AM
link   
nm
edit on 10-11-2019 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

This thread is NOT about the rights and wrongs of income tax....as far as I am aware it is about how our elected representatives have failed the UK, Brexit and the upcoming General Election in this country.

I personally have nothing but contempt for our politicians and our current party political system both of which I think have completely failed us.
But I have few problems with paying taxes to help pay for the service and upkeep of things like waste collection, policing, roads, defence and security, NHS and countless other communal services etc.
What I don't like is misappropriation and waste of these taxes.

As for who really rules us and how they do so maybe you should start a thread on it and I'm sure some of us will contribute to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join