It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traitors will attempt to bring down UK government next week

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

You all voted for Brexit you should get Brexit, any attempt to deny it is a strike against the will of the people.

Yeah, it’s a coup. Got one going on here in the US as well.

Good luck with yours!

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You all voted for Brexit you should get Brexit, any attempt to deny it is a strike against the will of the people.

Define Breixt....

I say this because its part of the problem, there are a whole range of options that still respect the public vote that don't mean the most extreme and hardest of no-deal Brexit scenarios.

Thats what this is about, its not about stopping Brexit its about stopping no-deal.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The vote was for Brexit, not a vote for MPs stalling Brexit until they could bs the people and lie.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

The vote was for Brexit, not a vote for MPs stalling Brexit until they could bs the people and lie.

Yes but how many voted for hardcore no-deal when a UK/EU treaty was promised, when they promised a deal, thats what was sold, we were told for years that it would be a easy deal to get and all would be well.

Voting for Brexit was not voting for hard-core no deal it was simply leaving the EU you can do that and still remain in the single market for example.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Yeah, it’s a coup. Got one going on here in the US as well.

Good luck with yours!

Remainers have no plan other than some vain hope the Brexiteers will quit and they can put things as they were. We will never ever quit and things will never go back as they were. It is now essential that Remainers are entirely defeated and seen to be so, no matter the cost of achieving that.
edit on 28-9-2019 by justwokeup because: Typo

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

You did a thread on that and parsed the bloody thing to death.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I have not wrote a thread exploring all of the various Brexit options between Remain and no deal.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Yes but how many voted for hardcore no-deal when a UK/EU treaty was promised

Brexit means we leave the EU institution as well as the union , no promise or mention of deal or no deal on the ballot paper , no deal would hurt the EU more than us because they do more trade with us than we do with them , Johnsons strategy was right and was starting to have effect with a change of tone on sticking points coming from EU negotiators , they believed and probably still do that there is a real chance we could leave without a deal , that will bring them to the table if the current strategy is continued .... it's business , you have to be prepared to take it to the wire.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I have not wrote a thread exploring all of the various Brexit options between Remain and no deal.

Yeah, right. The ballot said Leave or Stay, not leave under these conditions. . . . . .

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Yeah, right. The ballot said Leave or Stay, not leave under these conditions. . . . . .

Yes leave the EU.

It said nothing about leaving the single market for instance.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: justwokeup

....Parliament is the sovereign voice of the people, its not against the people,

Would you mind reminding all those MP's whose constituents voted to leave yet MP's want to remain please?
Voice of the people my arse!

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Well have a general election and that fixes it.

My preference would be to get the extension, hold a general election and take it from there.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Yes leave the EU.

It said nothing about leaving the single market for instance.

If you leave The EU then you leave The Single Market. The two are not separate from each other.

The single market refers to the EU as one territory without any internal borders or other regulatory obstacles to the free movement of goods and services

ec.europa.eu...

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

You can negotiate a deal similar to that of Norway personally thats what I think we should have done.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Staying in the single market leaves us with no say in Europe but still tied to it , we would not be able to make our own trade deals.
A new deal is needed and the EU should really be getting on with that for all our benefit.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

You can negotiate a deal similar to that of Norway personally thats what I think we should have done.

Going back to your original comment i hope i have satisfied you that " Leave The EU " also means leaving The Single Market.

As for a " Noway Solution " The EU don't want that for us. They want a " Backstop " that would still tie us to The EU but with no input from The UK whatsoever. We are at their behest.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Nothing wrong with Boris stating he would like to stay in the single market. We all would.

However the only way we can, is on conditions set by The EU which are all one sided in their favour. Even remain MP's voted that down 3 times.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Why do you guys wanna keep the UK together? Scotland despises you. And NI...really? What have they got to offer? It would be like making Peurto Rico a state.....not a good deal at all.

a reply to: paraphi

po

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Define Breixt....

I say this because its part of the problem,

I have got loads of time for you OtherSide, but that's a silly question.

Is it only people who want to stay in the EU that don't know that Brexit meant leave the sodding bloc? It's highly patronising to suggest people did not know what they were voting for.

While I am at it. The EU people wanted to remain in was ill defined. If people knew they were voting for increasing European federalisation then that would have added a dynamic, but that small reality was conveniently missed. What are the reasons to stay in the EU, apart from continued loss of the nation state.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join