It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traitors will attempt to bring down UK government next week

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Apart from the wall, what have the Romans ever done for us?

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
😂😂😂

a reply to: oldcarpy

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

I dont think a vote on changing the franchise will be allowed as bercow is not there.
But if you are of age of consent can join the army and drive why not vote?

Not quite......

You must be at least 16 years old to join the Army as a soldier. If you're under 18,
you'll also need parental consent to join.

British Army soldiers can sign up at the age of 16 but they cannot be sent to fight in a war zone or engage in a hostile situation until the age of 18.

Once you turn 16, you can use your provisional driving licence to learn to drive a moped or a light quad bike, but not a car. You can only learn to drive a car on public roads in the UK from the day you turn 17.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Do I think 16 and 17 year old's should be allowed to vote?
I don't know - once over people thought it ludicrous to think that those dirty, unwashed working classes could be informed enough to vote or had any right to.
Times change as do perceptions.....not always for the better.

Another rich source of votes for those who don't mind how they get them......

Dementia doesn’t change your right to vote
No one can be prevented from voting just because they have dementia, and it is important we send this message far and wide to ensure that people with dementia have an equal voice in their communities up and down the country.
It may be that someone needs support to vote, for example, being reminded to go to their polling station on the right date, and getting to the right place. Councils have a responsibility to make sure that polling stations are accessible so if you do need any assistance, you can ask the staff at the polling station.

www.alzheimers.org.uk...

Many teenagers/hipsters/millennials etc simply need a good old fashioned dose of reality from the old school of hard knocks before they qualify for anything.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I stand corrected!

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DaisyRainbow

Bless your heart!

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

she isnt that bad , I met her in person and its nice to know she is a human being at least
she has a certain charm to her , but her hair cut really puts me off
but after a few pints, I mean , how often do you get to say you shagged the first minister hahahahah

Well that deserved a *

But how can I wipe it from my mind ..... sapie and sturgie

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

The Banter Café - a brilliant example of the lighter and friendlier side of ATS, bordering on the criminal that it is no longer open for business!

Sturgeon? - there's not enough beer in the world.....but I'd imagine she'd say exactly the same thing about me!

Since the commencement of The Alcohol (Minimum Pricing) (Scotland) Act in 2018 there has been a steady increase in Scots doing 'booze runs' over the border to get cheaper alcohol.
Imagine what it will be like if or when a hard border is introduced upon independence?

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
16/17 yr olds and EU citizens - debate rejected.
Finally a traitorous act pushed away.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

mate those tunnels were dug long ago !

it's all been taken care of

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
This is absolutely shocking

depicting the NHS in Scotland as a failure under the SNP
and stating that we will lose control and our devolved powers over the NHS

that is a threat , and basically means, we are stealing the NHS
from scotland to sell it off to private corporations

Scum bag

Boris is a grade A pure heavy baw bag

isn't this a breach of the Union agreement , we were given devolved powers , taking these back to Westminster is effectively stealing powers from a devolved government and are in breach of the agreement.

Just saying if you dont want the NHS to die in the UK then you will do everything in your power to stop the tories as they rape our wealth

Boris threatens the SNP over NHS
edit on 31-10-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

The thing is, the SNP are mismanaging the NHS in Scotland.

I despise Boris with a passion and he shouldn't be using this as some excuse to backdoor privatisation of the NHS but Sturgeon and her cohorts are incompetent and are failing the Scottish people.
Don't get me wrong, there is serial mismanagement of the NHS throughout the whole of the UK, but if one was to believe the SNP's propaganda you would think that the NHS in Scotland was performing far better in Scotland than anywhere else in the UK, and that simply isn't true.....quite the opposite.

The NHS should be our shining light, it both could and should be the envy of the world.

I suspect The Tories are ripening the NHS for privatisation and are drip feeding the public lies to enable that eventuality.....but the SNP are hardly doing any of us any favours.

Boris seems intent on pissing the Scottish people off and appears hell bent on breaking up the UK.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Its a devolved though so why is Boris using that as an angle , its not up for discussion in Westminster its a devolved power and shouldn't have even been brought up., how often are we told that things in Westminster arent the remit of Nicola Sturgeon and she should keep her nose out !

I've never had a bad experience with the NHS , even in the summer when I nearly broke my ankle playing football.

Whether we in Scotland are failing our NHS that's our fault , nothing to do with Westminster

Great maybe we can finally stop the tories from selling off all of Scotlands wealth Finally after so many years

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

looks like the NHS in England is already being chopped up and sold off
my wee cousin is a pediatric nurse in the NHS
and she works down near stone henge
cant remember exactly where , her stories of under funding, low pay, working extra hours etc

im far more worried about the NHS in England , as I have it on good authority that our NHS up here is not for Sale.

Yes somehow NHS England is already being put up for sale.

I will vote to stop that , and the only way I can vote in a general election is for the SNP

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Yes, the running of the NHS in Scotland is a devolved power and the SNP are directly responsible for its running.....which is #ing appalling.
Maybe you should be directing some of your anger at the incompetents running the NHS in Scotland....the SNP!

The NHS is under threat throughout the UK and The Tories will use every opportunity to vindicate their aim of privatising it, and the SNP are giving them an awful lot of ammunition.

As for not commenting on Scottish issues....honestly?
Pot and kettle springs to mind.

The SNP feels it is qualified to comment on anything and turn everything into a comment or issue about Scotland.

I have a lot of sympathy, and a great liking, for the Scots but you really are taking the piss when complaining about that.

Whether we like it or not at least for the time being Boris Johnson is the Prime Minister of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and as such can and should be able to comment on pretty much anything - obviously most of those comments are complete bollocks - that doesn't mean to say he should have the power to actually do anything.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I suspect The Tories are ripening the NHS for privatisation and are drip feeding the public lies to enable that eventuality.....but the SNP are hardly doing any of us any favours.

The SNP are just popularist nationalists. One agenda types. Scottish education standards have dropped like a stone, but nah, that's the fault of the Tories, eh?

On the NHS. There are parts of the NHS which have always been private - your local GP Practice likely a business and the GP may not be an employee of the NHS. This goes back to the foundation of the NHS. Some privatisation has been good and has driven improvements in quality and efficiency, such as diagnostic and pathology services.

Some of the rot started with Labour – PFI and competition. They don’t have a good track record.

I don't think there will ever be any concerted effort to privatise the NHS, regardless of the scare stories and narrative from Labour and their ilk.

Addressing social care is the next big challenge, alongside mental health provision. Additionally, sorting out the snarling up of GP surgeries and A&E by people with colds, a sore toe or some other home-treatable ailment is also a big challenge. I know GPs and they have to be polite to people who hog the service with trivia.

The election will be a competition on how much money to throw at the NHS. I think that’s an error. Labour over-spent last time they were in office and all they produced was bureaucratic bloat.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I have no problems with the NHS in Scotland , never have

nor any of my family cant say I've ever heard any of my family complain about bad service from the NHS.

I am not angry at the running of the NHS , like I said I've never had a bad experience there in any hospital i've been in .

I am angry that the prime minister of the UK plans to steal the Scottish NHS , take back the power and sell it all off like they are already doing in England.

I know pot kettle black exactly , we are constantly reminded that sturgeon cant talk about Westminster , so why is Boris bringing that up? he just dislikes the SNP because we are leaving and ruining his plans to steal the wealth of the working class .

Aye he is basically lying then , but oh yeh you cant say another person is a liar in parliament.

We were lied to that the NHS would get more money if we stayed in the Union before , stuck it on a bus and everything

the NHS is the death throws for Boris , he is coming here soon
and it will be the end of him and the end of the union !

Sorry but I cannae wait because then we wont have anyone to blame but ourselves , that will satisfy everyone surely
we wont blame Westminster and Westminster cant blame Scotland , one less argument to have in the house of commons
no more SNP in Westminster isnt that lovely !
We give you lot in England the peace and quiet you want no more "whining" about being able to determine our own futures.

I mean who wants to be in a political union wae arseholes like that
Boris johnson , not I , I assume neither you as well

its all good we will leave the UK union and be happy as we control our own nation
that's all we want.

You know what I mean , England wants Brexit and to be out of the EU , out of one union
so if its good enough for them we want out of this union

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Yes, the running of the NHS in Scotland is a devolved power and the SNP are directly responsible for its running.....which is #ing appalling.
Maybe you should be directing some of your anger at the incompetents running the NHS in Scotland....the SNP!

The NHS is under threat throughout the UK and The Tories will use every opportunity to vindicate their aim of privatising it, and the SNP are giving them an awful lot of ammunition.

As for not commenting on Scottish issues....honestly?
Pot and kettle springs to mind.

The SNP feels it is qualified to comment on anything and turn everything into a comment or issue about Scotland.

I have a lot of sympathy, and a great liking, for the Scots but you really are taking the piss when complaining about that.

Whether we like it or not at least for the time being Boris Johnson is the Prime Minister of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and as such can and should be able to comment on pretty much anything - obviously most of those comments are complete bollocks - that doesn't mean to say he should have the power to actually do anything.

A greater proportion of government spending goes to the NHS in Scotland and as a result provide a more GPs/Doctors/Nurses/ Beds than the NHS in England.

There is plenty to be critical about the SNP, secondary education for example, but health is an area they have consistently outperformed south of the border.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

The Tories are actively enabling the circumstances that can and will justify the privatisation of the whole of the NHS.

We ALL must do everything within our power to prevent that from happening.

As for voting SNP; you should do as you see fit.
Personally I think they are no better than any other options available....lying, two faced, self-promoting, egotistical and power hungry who put their pursuit for power above anything and everything.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

This baffles me , we all know they are going to sell the NHS off to agree with trade regs of the US and start fracking the # out of England and store all that stolen wealth offshore out of the public coffers.

So why are the tories getting so many votes down in England ?
simply because of the Xenophobia drummed up in the media ? or the idea of sovereignty ?
what is it thats winning so many tory votes when they are nothing but #ing thieving scum bags who sow the seeds of division everywhere and the cost of the working class

It wont matter if SNP secure independence we can vote for whoever we like after that , which is more aligned with our personal choice of politics , when its more representative of the Scottish public

SNP has only ever been about independence for me , its been their manifesto for a long time.

Like I said in future when Scotland has a nice economy and a good government , we will happily go into a new Union
but only once you get that shower of #e westminster to # , along wae the house of lords.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join