It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traitors will attempt to bring down UK government next week

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Rumours have it that the EU will not accept another extension.....so it could be this crap deal or no deal.
I know which of the two I'd prefer but I think its a pointless discussion unless it actually occurs.

It shouldn't surprise me but I find it amazing that so many people and politicians are singing Boris's praises for this deal when they were so vehemently opposed to May's deal.....apart from the backstop there is very, very little difference between the two.
It really is a joke.

I'm very uncomfortable with treating Northern Ireland differently from the rest of the UK, it sets out a dangerous precedent and could be the thin end of the wedge.

As an aside a hard border could have serious ramifications in the undesirable event of any future Scottish independence.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I think that the fact that they're now supporting a deal they initially trashed shows their true colours, they know its a bad deal but they also know that no-deal is bad, its a little dishonest I think to the public to pretend that this is anything other than a crap deal to avoid a even worse no-deal.

I know that there are rumours of what the EU will or won't do but I think they want a good deal just as much as we do and I wouldn't bet on them not coming through with an extension. I think if they do however it will be a longer extension with a bit of a warning that it will be the last chance we get to sort this out. That way it might give us time for a general Election that has the potential to completely change the negotiating position of the UK.

Honestly though who knows, this is just too unpredictable now.

I don't think anything will pass through parliament tomorrow unless the opposition have got something up their sleeves that will force through a second referendum (I doubt it though)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I don't want an extension.....I want it sorting with immediate effect, one way or another.
I've had a belly full, the whole country has.
It's holding us back.

You know my feelings on this, we've discussed it at length many times.
But I've had enough, it's like suffering death by a thousand cuts.

We need to get out now and concentrate on reforming Westminster, fix this broken nation and move forward in a proud, positive and caring manner turning this great nation of ours into something we can all be proud of.

Acrimonious recriminations will serve no purpose whatsoever post-Brexit or whatever.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: UKTruth

we cannae phone a friend or some pish like that ?

Not at this stage.
Maybe we could have Noel Edmunds run a deal/no deal referendum.

Mate I wouldn't be surprised if it actually came down to this level of entertainment popular hype building type "game show" #

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

sounds good when you say it like that!

but that would be like a couple who aren't meant to be in a relationship having a baby just to fix things

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I think that the fact that they're now supporting a deal they initially trashed shows their true colours, they know its a bad deal but they also know that no-deal is bad, its a little dishonest I think to the public to pretend that this is anything other than a crap deal to avoid a even worse no-deal.

I know that there are rumours of what the EU will or won't do but I think they want a good deal just as much as we do and I wouldn't bet on them not coming through with an extension. I think if they do however it will be a longer extension with a bit of a warning that it will be the last chance we get to sort this out. That way it might give us time for a general Election that has the potential to completely change the negotiating position of the UK.

Honestly though who knows, this is just too unpredictable now.

I don't think anything will pass through parliament tomorrow unless the opposition have got something up their sleeves that will force through a second referendum (I doubt it though)

The people who trashed May's deal did so because of the backstop.
The backstop has been removed.
The deal now does have it's issues, but you're simply lying when you try to mislead people into believing thsi deal is the same as May's. The fundamental complaint the people now supporting this deal had was the back stop.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Rumours have it that the EU will not accept another extension.....so it could be this crap deal or no deal.

The EU will always give an extension. They don't want the UK to leave. Too much money involved, plus the UK is not a second rate country and brings global influence. The UK’s a competitor - at least it would be if it managed to escape. While the UK is in the EU it’s a cash cow and a feeder that provides legitimacy to the EU.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

The backstop wasn't the only reason people disliked May's deal.
Sure it was one of the reasons, a major reason for many.....but for lots of other people the 'deal' simply didn't hand enough control back to the UK and allowed the EU to retain certain controls over the UK, for many of us that is completely unacceptable.

You can't polish a turd....this is still a crap deal and doesn't go anywhere near far enough in severing ties with the EU.

Brexit isn't about enhancing Boris Johnson's oversized ego, its about delivering what the people voted for and this 'deal' doesn't do that.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

We have far more in common than we do that divides us.

Perhaps if we concentrated on those shared values etc and not on the negatives things would be far better.

And Westminster and all who prop the decrepit system up treats us all like #e regardless of nationality etc.
Reform of that amoral entity and our unfit for purpose party political system would be a great starting point.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
L

a reply to: oldcarpy

Not sure how to label Farage to be honest? ....

Wanker sort of springs to mind.

Just put aside your tedious shin kicking knee jerk politics corbyn and for once in your wretched political career put the country's interest 1st.

That's a novel concept mate.
Being a bit Devil's Advocate here but imagine if it was the other way round, would the Tories support any Labour brokered deal?

They are all eating from the same trough.
I struggle to differentiate between them, complete twats every single one of them.

Get the deal done or leave with no deal.

That seems to be the prevalent mood at present.

I can't imagine Corbyn negotiating a deal. All he has ever done throughout his wretched career is oppose stuff.
He has no solutions.
What disgusts me are the traitors (and i'm looking at you, Letwin and Swinson) who are using every undemocratic tactic to remain.
Hope labour mps in constituencies that voted leave will wake up and smell the coffee.
Deal is not perfect but we have to get this mess sorted with no more delays.
Sick of our broken system and our incompetent political "masters".
Total and utter fustercluck.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

The backstop wasn't the only reason people disliked May's deal.
Sure it was one of the reasons, a major reason for many.....but for lots of other people the 'deal' simply didn't hand enough control back to the UK and allowed the EU to retain certain controls over the UK, for many of us that is completely unacceptable.

You can't polish a turd....this is still a crap deal and doesn't go anywhere near far enough in severing ties with the EU.

Brexit isn't about enhancing Boris Johnson's oversized ego, its about delivering what the people voted for and this 'deal' doesn't do that.

Yes, for sure there were other areas, however the bill failed to pass because of the backstop.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Yeah looking at it, it seems very similar to the old Checkers Deal that May couldn't get through her own party let alone anything else.
I think everyone on both sides needs to be very cautious that we're not going to accept a bad deal just to avoid an extension.

Its been a long time since I last heard it but its the only thing that

rings true, so I think at this time it's worth repeating !!

** No deal is better than a bad deal**

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Scotland's highest civil court has dismissed a legal bid to stop the UK government from passing its proposed EU withdrawal agreement. Anti-Brexit campaigners had argued the deal contravened legislation preventing Northern Ireland from forming part of a separate customs territory. However, Lord Pentland ruled the application was "misconceived and unjustified". Campaigner Jo Maugham QC said the case was now unlikely to proceed further. In his written opinion, the judge described the petition "of very doubtful competency" and concluded the petitioner had at best a "weak" case.

Not even the Scottish Kangaroo Court of Sessions could come up with a reason to do anything but treat the traitors who tried to stop the deal through the courts with disdain.

We'll see if the next traitor, Oliver Letwin, manages to get his bill - entirely designed to delay the decision to accept the deal to post 31st October and thus trigger the Benn Act - manages to screw over the country tomorrow.

edit on 18/10/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The EU has got exactly what they want ...... Mrs May couldn't get it through

three times but going into the tunnel, a few tweaks here and there and

now they are banking on Boris delivering the same deal

All that 'boys club' back slapping and bonhomie at expressing their delight did

not go unnoticed.

Boris might have got a deal, but a duff deal he has sold out....... unless the deal

is voted down and his aim is, he knows? that the EU will not give us an extension

and we leave (like he has previously stated) on Oct.31st by default........

He has been very cagey when previously asked how we will leave on the 31st?

By default

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I don't know how this will play out.

Its not the best deal but my feeling is that there are two camps.

The Breixt supporting MPs are going to be thinking well this could be our last chance of a deal and securing Brexit so we better just accept it otherwise we face a General election and that might even end up in a Labour victory who will hold a second referendum and Brexit gets reversed.

Then there is another group who fear a no-deal, they might think they have to vote for this otherwise Boris will have us leave (somehow?) on the 31st with no deal.

That might almost be enough to push it through, even though its pretty much the same as the Checkers deal that the ERG chucked out. So who knows what will happen.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Scotland's highest civil court has dismissed a legal bid to stop the UK government from passing its proposed EU withdrawal agreement. Anti-Brexit campaigners had argued the deal contravened legislation preventing Northern Ireland from forming part of a separate customs territory. However, Lord Pentland ruled the application was "misconceived and unjustified". Campaigner Jo Maugham QC said the case was now unlikely to proceed further. In his written opinion, the judge described the petition "of very doubtful competency" and concluded the petitioner had at best a "weak" case.

Not even the Scottish Kangaroo Court of Sessions could come up with a reason to do anything but treat the traitors who tried to stop the deal through the courts with disdain.

We'll see if the next traitor, Oliver Letwin, manages to get his bill - entirely designed to delay the decision to accept the deal to post 31st October and thus trigger the Benn Act - manages to screw over the country tomorrow.

Jolyon Maugham qc is an absolute joke.
He has brought many crowdfunded brexit challenges that have been laughed out of court.
Again!
Yet another judicial bollocking for him.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

a reply to: eletheia

I don't know how this will play out.

Its not the best deal but my feeling is that there are two camps.

The Breixt supporting MPs are going to be thinking well this could be our last chance of a deal and securing Brexit so we better just accept it otherwise we face a General election and that might even end up in a Labour victory who will hold a second referendum and Brexit gets reversed.

Then there is another group who fear a no-deal, they might think they have to vote for this otherwise Boris will have us leave (somehow?) on the 31st with no deal.

That might almost be enough to push it through, even though its pretty much the same as the Checkers deal that the ERG chucked out. So who knows what will happen.

There's no back stop , so it's decidely different to last deal

At this point, the traitors are simply trying more tactics to delay in a last ditch attempt to deny democracy.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

At this point, the traitors are simply trying more tactics to delay in a last ditch attempt to deny democracy.

As an avid Brexiteer I'm not happy, There is so much bluster, noise and self

congratulation, going on like smoke and mirrors I wonder just what's being lost

in the small print?

I have heard that the ECJ will trump our justice system, that the UK will not be

allowed to compete with the EU when making trade deals, little drops of

information seem to be seeping out that we still won't have control over ourselves.

And apparently we will still be paying indefinately ....... wasn't that one of the

reasons for Brexit that that money would be better spent by us?

edit on 18-10-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

As an avid Brexiteer I'm not happy, There is so much bluster, noise and self

congratulation, going on like smoke and mirrors I wonder just what's being lost

in the small print?

I have heard that the ECJ will trump our justice system, that the UK will not be

allowed to compete with the EU when making trade deals, little drops of

information seem to be seeping out that we still won't have control over ourselves.

And apparently we will still be paying indefinately ....... wasn't that one of the

reasons for Brexit that that money would be better spent by us?

Be careful and read the details.
Don't rely on any media network "summaries"
From what I can make out it's not a great deal. There are limitations imposed to create a "level playing field" but still researching the detail.
edit on 18/10/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I found the normally sombre EU MEP's hand shaking back slapping and milling

around Boris Johnson quite unnerving so much emotion???? WHAT IS IN IT FOR THEM ?

They have obviously got the better end of the deal.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join