It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traitors will attempt to bring down UK government next week

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I'm voting for the abolition of parliament hahahaha

IF ONLY it were a reality

So fed up with all to these clowns and the the fact we keep supporting this system

I am truly fed up with politics , it doesnt work for real people
only politicians

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Quite enjoyed reading this................. Did Charles de Gaulle foresee Brexit? www.france24.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

IF ONLY it were a reality

So fed up with all to these clowns and the the fact we keep supporting this system

only politicians

If we all voted for independent candidates perhaps that might make a difference.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

that maybe true , but if we all voted for independents to shake things up
we'd end up with a coalition .

and it seems from previous attempts at coalitions all they do is block each other over party politics and in house fighting
rather than getting things done.

You'd think that a mix of politicians from all political parties would be the best solution
but apparently not

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

For the sake of this argument I'll agree and say Boris has worked hard for a deal.....but that doesn't mean it's a good deal.

And as far as the next election goes; I'm not that shallow that I'll be casting my vote purely on Brexit, there's far more to consider post-Brexit.
And I for one most definitely do not want Boris Johnson as Prime Minister of this country and nor do I want The Conservative Party to be in power.

But here is my quandary; neither do I want Jeremy Corbyn and his disgrace of a 'Labour' Party to be running the show.

The third alternative of Jo Swinson and The Liberal Undemocrats is equally unpalatable.

It's such a shame that just when this country is ripe for someone like Ruth Davidson to take centre stage she has decided to walk away from public life.

Whilst I can see the benefits of a National Government I strongly suspect that the likely hung parliament will be the last thing this country needs.

a reply to: sapien82

If only that were an option!

only politicians

Amen to that Brother.

Still, there's always beer....just for a change I'm off to the pub.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

For the sake of this argument I'll agree and say Boris has worked hard for a deal.....but that doesn't mean it's a good deal.

And as far as the next election goes; I'm not that shallow that I'll be casting my vote purely on Brexit, there's far more to consider post-Brexit.
And I for one most definitely do not want Boris Johnson as Prime Minister of this country and nor do I want The Conservative Party to be in power.

But here is my quandary; neither do I want Jeremy Corbyn and his disgrace of a 'Labour' Party to be running the show.

The third alternative of Jo Swinson and The Liberal Undemocrats is equally unpalatable.

It's such a shame that just when this country is ripe for someone like Ruth Davidson to take centre stage she has decided to walk away from public life.

Whilst I can see the benefits of a National Government I strongly suspect that the likely hung parliament will be the last thing this country needs.

only politicians

Amen to that Brother.

I don't like the deal, but let's face it, our own Parliament gave all the cards to the EU. It's probably the best we can get.

I don;t much care for people of Boris's ilk, but I am actually impressed with what he has done and also very supportive of his broad agenda laid out in the Queen's speech.

Those in parliament fighting to stop Brexit have now been put in a very tough spot.

They legislated to stop no deal.
They have rejected a deal and will likely reject another.
They've been through the courts to stop Prorogation
They are back in the courts to try and stop the current deal.
Now they have finally landed on pushing for a 2nd referendum in an attempt to STAY in the EU.

I am not sure there is a person out there I wouldn't vote for over those scumbags. They've spent 3 years pretending that they didn't want to remain and that they wanted to honour the referendum. Now the mask is off and they can be seen scurrying around like rats. That is only going to become more evident over the next few days.

edit on 17/10/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

.....now he can turn round and say when it comes to a general election that its parliament who are blocking any kind of progress. ...

I think that parliament should vote for this deal and then give the people the option of accepting the deal or leaving with No Deal.

That is EXACTLY what should happen.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

only politicians

Amen to that Brother.

I don't like the deal, but let's face it, our own Parliament gave all the cards to the EU. It's probably the best we can get.

I don;t much care for people of Boris's ilk, but I am actually impressed with what he has done and also very supportive of his broad agenda laid out in the Queen's speech.

Those in parliament fighting to stop Brexit have now been put in a very tough spot.

Now they have finally landed on pushing for a 2nd referendum in an attempt to STAY in the EU.

I am not sure there is a person out there I wouldn't vote for over those scumbags. They've spent 3 years pretending that they didn't want to remain and that they wanted to honour the referendum. Now the mask is off and they can be seen scurrying around like rats. That is only going to become more evident over the next few days.

Since Farage is now in ' Team Extension' is he also a traitor?

Would hate to get labels wrong...

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot
Not sure how to label Farage to be honest?
Its now clear that mp's who have claimed it's all about avoiding no-deal have revealed their true colours. For them its all really about remaining.
Bet they now try to vote to revoke art 50?
Total gits, the lot of 'em.
Get the deal done or leave with no deal.
Just put aside your tedious shin kicking knee jerk politics corbyn and for once in your wretched political career put the country's interest 1st.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: UKTruth

only politicians

Amen to that Brother.

Since Farage is now in ' Team Extension' is he also a traitor?

Would hate to get labels wrong...

Farage wants no deal.

The traitors to the UK are very much out in the open, both in parliament and on internet forums.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Well, as it stands the vote for the Deal will find...

- Probably Conservative MPs (inc. rebels) will vote for it.
- All Scottish nationalists will vote against as they want to create as much mayhem to further their popularist politics of division.
- Labour will vote against it as the want to create as much mayhem as they can for political purposes.
- Liberal Democrats will vote against it as (er) they want to create as much mayhem as they can so that Brexit fails completely.
- DUP will (we understand) vote against it as it treats NI differently.

Another day in Parliament. The only hope for the deal getting through is if some robotic Labour MPs wake up and vote with the Government.

The end of this is that there will be an extension to Article 50. More crass politics will ensue, and then perhaps a General Election. Then an engineered quashing of Brexit. In ten years we'll all wonder what the fuss was about as Parliament is turned into a theme park as the last sovereign power is transferred to our Beloved Masters in Brussels. We'll all be wearing lederhosen and reading about how great our lives. What fun, eh?

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Not sure how to label Farage to be honest? ....

Wanker sort of springs to mind.

Just put aside your tedious shin kicking knee jerk politics corbyn and for once in your wretched political career put the country's interest 1st.

That's a novel concept mate.
Being a bit Devil's Advocate here but imagine if it was the other way round, would the Tories support any Labour brokered deal?

They are all eating from the same trough.
I struggle to differentiate between them, complete twats every single one of them.

Get the deal done or leave with no deal.

That seems to be the prevalent mood at present.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

But is it a good deal that warrants our support?

Apart from the compromise on Northern Ireland this is essentially Teresa May's deal.....a deal that has been thoroughly discredited and thrown out by parliament twice already.

No amount of garnish can alter the fact that a turd is a turd.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Apart from the compromise on Northern Ireland this is essentially Teresa May's deal.....a deal that has been thoroughly discredited and thrown out by parliament twice already.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Yeah looking at it, it seems very similar to the old Checkers Deal that May couldn't get through her own party let alone anything else.

I think everyone on both sides needs to be very cautious that we're not going to accept a bad deal just to avoid an extension.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   

The backstop has been removed - that is the only reason that May's deal failed to pass.
Personally , I don't like the deal but it now has to be a choice bewteen deal or no deal.

edit on 18/10/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yeah looking at it, it seems very similar to the old Checkers Deal that May couldn't get through her own party let alone anything else.

I think everyone on both sides needs to be very cautious that we're not going to accept a bad deal just to avoid an extension.

It's not deal vs extension.
It's deal vs no deal.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Well, as it stands the vote for the Deal will find...

- Probably Conservative MPs (inc. rebels) will vote for it.
- All Scottish nationalists will vote against as they want to create as much mayhem to further their popularist politics of division.
- Labour will vote against it as the want to create as much mayhem as they can for political purposes.
- Liberal Democrats will vote against it as (er) they want to create as much mayhem as they can so that Brexit fails completely.
- DUP will (we understand) vote against it as it treats NI differently.

Another day in Parliament. The only hope for the deal getting through is if some robotic Labour MPs wake up and vote with the Government.

The end of this is that there will be an extension to Article 50. More crass politics will ensue, and then perhaps a General Election. Then an engineered quashing of Brexit. In ten years we'll all wonder what the fuss was about as Parliament is turned into a theme park as the last sovereign power is transferred to our Beloved Masters in Brussels. We'll all be wearing lederhosen and reading about how great our lives. What fun, eh?

I think the Division was put in place long before the SNP got involved

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   

we cannae phone a friend or some pish like that ?

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

we cannae phone a friend or some pish like that ?

Not at this stage.
Maybe we could have Noel Edmunds run a deal/no deal referendum.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join