It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traitors will attempt to bring down UK government next week

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I'm not going round in circles with you mate , our views differ but the wrong that is occurring in our Parliamentary Democracy is plain for all to see , we should have a vote on this and are being denied by those who would rather force their will on us.

It really is shameful

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

we should have a vote on this and are being denied by those who would rather force their will on us.

Agreed, peoples votes, No-Deal or remain.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

The cowards who don't want an election are afraid it would be after 31st October.

That was the excuse they used for not taking the option they were offered, cowards indeed.
edit on 28-9-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Boris wants out by the 31st, deal or no deal, I say, let y'all leave on the 31st.

Damn, both the UK and the US are having some serious political turmoils.

I remember when they both were sitting there at a news conference...

I mean, I went through several YT channels and all the commentas from CNN, MSNBC and FOX are overwhelmingly approve of both the Don and the Boris, in fact, The Boris is on a first name basis with the Don.

When I see these two, I see the Will of the People, God Bless these two.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Boris wants out by the 31st, deal or no deal, I say, let y'all leave on the 31st.

Legally we cannot leave on the 31st unless there is a deal that parliament agree too.
edit on 28-9-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

When I see these two, I see the Will of the People, God Bless these two.

Are we looking at the same 2 people?

I voted Brexit but at no point did i want or vote for Boris as a bungling blowhard bufoon PM, can we all agree when we voted Brexit we believed a deal which favoured the UK could be achieved (forget Nigels £350million NHS BS), yet here we are 3 years later and not a single thing has been ratified, aint just one side crooks both sides of the house are a disgracre to the nation, neither side has made any attempt to make a positive out of it, all we are left with now is lets jump of the cliff type approach.

Pathetic, self serving MPS none of whom give a toss about anyone other than themselves

DONT TRUST ANY MP ON ANY SIDE.....EVER!!

just about somes up how much effort they put into it.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
If this treacherous power grab against the people occurs we will be saddled with a govt regarded as entirely illegitimate by many many millions of enraged people, as the judiciary has already made itself.

By all means let them, it will not go well for any of those involved.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: justwokeup
If this treacherous power grab against the people occurs we will be saddled with a govt regarded as entirely illegitimate by many many millions of enraged people, as the judiciary has already made itself.

Honestly I feel like some of you have no idea how our system of government works.

....Parliament is the sovereign voice of the people, its not against the people, Boris has something like a majority of -45, he has lost every vote in placement. In essence we have no government right now, someone needs to step in to fix this mess and if that means forming a temporary government of national unity to extend Brexit then call a general election to change the maths of parliament so be it.

Its not a coup.

Its a how our system of government works when its been stretched like this.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Honestly I feel like some of you have no idea how our system of government works.

....Parliament is the sovereign voice of the people, its not against the people, Boris has something like a majority of -45, he has lost every vote in placement. In essence we have no government right now, someone needs to step in to fix this mess and if that means forming a temporary government of national unity to extend Brexit then call a general election to change the maths of parliament so be it.

Its not a coup.

Parliament is exactly against the people. They are acting purely to thwart the people, for thier own selfish ends in conjunction with a partial speaker a corrupted judiciary and a biased media.

The only purpose of denying a vote before now, to then steal power now, is for Remainers to use it to imprison us in the EU for longer.

Thier protestations and attempts to maintain the high ground are laughable. They are worthless Remainer scum working to thwart our vote and we see them and judge them for what they are.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Legally we cannot leave on the 31st unless there is a deal that parliament agree too.

I believe the Cabinet is putting foward the idea- and there may be a lot in it- that in this respect "international law trumps UK law."
That is, according to the letter of the original treaty, taking into account the extension period already agreed, we are automaticaly outside the EU on the first of November, whatever UK laws have said, UNLESS the extension period has been further extended by similar international agreement. In other words, the EU will necessarily regard us as outside the EU and treat us accordingly, even if Parliament thinks otherwise.
edit on 28-9-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Was watching Bojo when he called it the Surrender Act. Boy did that bring out the blubbering Betas. Your Parliment is as inept and useless as our Congress.

Thing is Parliment never wanted to do Brexit at all and is trying to thwart it. Thats worse than Bojo actions if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
According to SNP MP Stewart Hosie remainers will call for a vote of no-confidence in the government next week , an alliance of anti-democratic scumbags from the SNP , Labour and the Lib-Dems will call for the vote because they don't believe Boris Johnson will ask for an extension on October 31st which will mean we would leave the EU without a deal.

Mr Hosie said opposition parties were in discussions about the timing of a no-confidence vote amid concern that Mr Johnson may find a way of circumventing the so-called "Benn Bill" which requires him to seek an extension to the UK's departure date if no deal has been agreed.

The aim would be to install an interim prime minister who would secure a short Brexit delay and then call a general election.

"We have to do that because there is now no confidence that the prime minister will obey the law and seek the extension that Parliament voted for only a few weeks ago," he told the Today programme.
"It we are serious about the extension that is the only game in town."

This is a Coup regardless of what remainers want to think and I am thoroughly disgusted by my Parliament , remember remember the 5th of Novermber , gunpowder , Treason and plot

My blood pressure levels are through the roof , Democracy is dead in the UK , Parliament is being hijacked by a supposedly impartial Speaker of the House and whining anti-democratic scumbags who can't accept they are on the wrong side of the argument so have decided to force their beliefs on the country in the face of what the country voted for .... and they wonder and complain that they're getting threats for their anti-democratic actions !

Mr Hosie said: "If another name came forward that was acceptable to everybody, a Ken Clarke or Dominic Grieve-type figure, then self-evidently that would be a good thing to do." he said. "But it is also self-evidently the case that the second largest party (Labour) should have the first chance to form that administration. "If Jo Swinson and the Lib Dems are actually serious about their stopping Brexit position then they need to stop playing political games, get on board with everybody else."
www.bbc.co.uk...

This is a Coup regardless of what remainers want to think , I am thoroughly disgusted by my Parliament and the treasonous anti-democratic scumbags that reside within it , we should halt the Westminster renovations and pull the festering Palace down , the rot goes further than just the building.

Edit.
The US political madness forum should be renamed as just political madness because this thread belongs in there ... political madness !

Well done you are calling calling people traitors, condoning death threats and supporting a PM who lied to the head off state to try an circumvent parliamentary scrutiny.

And you are calling them anti democratic...

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

You do realise that those MP's who support Brexit are also receiving death threats ?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The disgusting traitorous vermin who want to ignore the will of the people and block Brexit will stop at nothing.
These are the kind of vermin who have been calling for 2nd referendums and blocking no deal as an option.
Let them do their thing.
We'll have a general election and Boris will win.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Question from a Yank..

people voted to leave, there appears to be a segment of parliament hell bent on preventing leaving under any circumstances and I figure the way things are going now that they will have their way.

So the people voted to leave, parliament appears to be heading to block the will of the people... how is that not anti-democratic?

While Boris is certainly a buffoon, he was trying to make what the people voted for happen, yet many scream that his route was anti-democratic... how so I thought the bedrock of a democracy was the will of the people?
edit on 28-9-2019 by Irishhaf because: autocorrect demon

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Question from a Yank..

people voted to leave, there appears to be a segment of parliament hell bent on preventing leaving under any circumstances and I figure the way things are going now that they will have their way.

So the people voted to leave, parliament appears to be heading to block the will of the people... how is that not anti-democratic?

While Boris is certainly a buffoon, he was trying to make what the people voted for happen, yet many scream that his route was anti-democratic... how so I thought the bedrock of a democracy was the will of the people?

You summed it up well.
As in your country, the vermin on the left (or the vermin on the right who have sold out to globalism) will do whatever they need to do in order to achieve their aim. The votes of the people is not really a concern for them.
At least that has now become crystal clear since 2016.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Its not a coup.

Probably, no different than your ignorance of American politics, touche.

However, I feel like Boris is a patriot and wants to keep UK, UK.

Want to know how I remember UK growing up? Mr. Bean.

I use to watch on a cloudy humid drizzly morning, boring and dead afternoons, Mr. Bean in the 90s was the british exposure I received. Would you say it is an accurate representation of 1990 UK?
edit on 28-9-2019 by Arnie123 because: Heh

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf
This isn't really a fight for and aganist democracy.
It's a conflict between two different forms of expression of democracy- viz. the elected legislature and the referendum. When the referendum was introduced, nobody thought of giving it over-riding powers, so we have this rhetorical stalemate between the two sides. A third form of expression is the General Election, which could have given a casting vote- but at least one side of the argument doesn't want one.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

I believe the Cabinet is putting foward the idea- and there may be a lot in it- that in this respect "international law trumps UK law."
That is, according to the letter of the original treaty, taking into account the extension period already agreed, we are automaticaly outside the EU on the first of November, whatever UK laws have said, UNLESS the extension period has been further extended by similar international agreement. In other words, the EU will necessarily regard us as outside the EU and treat us accordingly, even if Parliament thinks otherwise.

For some time the ONLY option has been no deal. It is clear that the EU are not willing to offer anything other than the withdrawal agreement, which the very same people who are now looking for an extension REJECTED.
Boris is correct, another extension is another pointless delay.
I rather think that the EU will agree to an extension, though - but only in order to extend time to underpin efforts to have the UK remain - which is the game and has been from the moment the result came in in 2016.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I want to know what seedy deal the Labour leadership have made to the popularist Scottish nationalists. Nothing's free. Under a Labour government I can see no institutional objection to the nationalists breaking up the UK - I expect that's the price.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join