It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traitors will attempt to bring down UK government next week

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: UKTruth

So democracy is essentially a hostage situation as we cannot affect real change by simply placing an X in a box

Which by the way makes a mockery of the fact we can read and write !hahaha

they still use the X marks the spot for those who were illiterate , I think this is their private joke on us !

Anyway , surely the fact that we should be able to "de-register" to vote

would show our apathy with our political system .

There must be a way to say we no longer support the current system of Constitutional Monarchy and want a new system of governance

Voting either labour or Tory , isnt getting the UK anywhere

Revolution or voting are the only real ways to change the system.
Take your pick.
You COULD also choose option 3 - not voting - but that gets you nowehere and likely puts you in a worse position.

Unfortunately politics attracts a certain type of douchebag - and not just in the Tory and Labour parties.
edit on 15/10/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Another way might be to only vote for independent candidates. That way we might get rid of this two party system which is the real problem.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

Another way might be to only vote for independent candidates. That way we might get rid of this two party system which is the real problem.

Yes, however the problem is not a 2 party system. The Libs, SNP, Tories, Labour - all as bad as each other. Total self interest and no thought given to the people who elected them. Then there is the Brexit party - basically a collection of candidates who used to be either Tory, Labour, Liberal hoping to grab power by cashing in on Brexit popularity - also having no interest other than in themselves.

Independent is the way to go - what we need to break free of is political ideology because there is no one ideology that makes sense across all areas in society that need improving.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I am still puzzled as to why there is a majority vote for the Conservatives all the time
when all they do is put us into austerity and cut everything
I thought there was a majority of working class
So why do the tories always win elections ?
is it because there are working class people who believe they are middle class and so vote for the tories ?
whats the deal , if the tories are notoriously # for the UK , then why do they keep winning

I am no economist .....but I have kept myself solvent through thick and thin

all my life, and one thing that is set in stone is that you cant spend more than

you have. If you borrow you dont borrow the sum you need because you pay

back double!

**Labour governments spend, without thought?

**Conservative governments conserve?

Since 1945 to date 74years Labour has been in power 30yrs and Cons for 44years

1945 - 1951 Labour The years of nationalisation

1951 - 1964 Con. 13 years of economic recovery and stability

1964 - 1970 Labour The Harold Wilson years

1970 - 1974 Con. Joined EEC. decimalisation, miners strikes 3day working
week, 1973 oil crisis.

1974 - 1979 Labour The winter of discontent paralised the country. 1978/79
Trades Union strikes.

1979 - 1997 Con. Opposing Trades Unions, Falklands victory, privatision of
gas, telecom, BA. Bank of Eng. independence over monetary policies.

1997 - 2010 Labour Blair went into Afghanistan and Iraq and prudent Brown
resided over recession and emptied the coffers..... broke!!

2010 - 2016 Con/Lib/Dem Stringent public spending cuts to reduce inherited
budget deficit.

2016 - NOW Con. *Brexit*

Taken from wikipedia But It is not linking.

I hope you can see your assumptions are not correct!!

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

I am still puzzled as to why there is a majority vote for the Conservatives all the time
when all they do is put us into austerity and cut everything
I thought there was a majority of working class
So why do the tories always win elections ?
is it because there are working class people who believe they are middle class and so vote for the tories ?
whats the deal , if the tories are notoriously # for the UK , then why do they keep winning

I am no economist .....but I have kept myself solvent through thick and thin

all my life, and one thing that is set in stone is that you cant spend more than

you have. If you borrow you dont borrow the sum you need because you pay

back double!

**Labour governments spend, without thought?

**Conservative governments conserve?

Since 1945 to date 74years Labour has been in power 30yrs and Cons for 44years

1945 - 1951 Labour The years of nationalisation

1951 - 1964 Con. 13 years of economic recovery and stability

1964 - 1970 Labour The Harold Wilson years

1970 - 1974 Con. Joined EEC. decimalisation, miners strikes 3day working
week, 1973 oil crisis.

1974 - 1979 Labour The winter of discontent paralised the country. 1978/79
Trades Union strikes.

1979 - 1997 Con. Opposing Trades Unions, Falklands victory, privatision of
gas, telecom, BA. Bank of Eng. independence over monetary policies.

1997 - 2010 Labour Blair went into Afghanistan and Iraq and prudent Brown
resided over recession and emptied the coffers..... broke!!

2010 - 2016 Con/Lib/Dem Stringent public spending cuts to reduce inherited
budget deficit.

2016 - NOW Con. *Brexit*

Taken from wikipedia But It is not linking.

I hope you can see your assumptions are not correct!!

National debt isn't really anything like household debt and the same rules don't apply.

However Conservative governments since world war 2 have borrowed considerably more than Labour ones.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

To be fair if I really wanted to (and no I don't) I could go through every government of the last 100 years and give a list of good and bad things they have done, I could even manipulate that list and make Labour look like the best political party of the century. Which would obviously be very disingenuous.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

National debt isn't really anything like household debt and the same rules don't apply.

Duh
Obviously ...... but the basics are the same.

However Conservative governments since world war 2 have borrowed considerably more than Labour ones.

The problem is not the borrowing as long as you have the plan, means and

ability to cover the debts?

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Duh
Obviously ...... but the basics are the same.

The problem is not the borrowing as long as you have the plan, means and

ability to cover the debts?

The basics aren't the same, not even slightly. Analogies to household debt, as loved as they are by politicians, are completely misleading.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Just to mock you brexiteerreeeees, I hope (and am quite sure of it) that Bojo will not get anything done, has to come up with a new "Brexit"-date in trials with the EU and continues this desolation into the far future.

Thanks for that.
All the best to you and yours I'm sure.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Aye but what does that even mean in terms for people of the working class

it means the government are constantly #ing up

and we suffer

I dont give a # if the conservative or labour are showing they are making things better on paper , when clearly that is not the case in reality

So shall we just ignore the austerity policies that have been linked to 100,000 deaths in the UK ?

Why is selling of national assets a good thing, when it caused the loss of jobs , for the people who generate tax wealth.

Remember it is the workers who generate the wealth , not the government , they arent making the money

they are just running the books

I'm neither labour or conservative because they are just two sides of the same coin

its been a # show for the last 100 years , or in Scotlands case since the act of union hahahahah

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   

So shall we just ignore the austerity policies that have been linked to 100,000 deaths in the UK ?

If you mean the Institute for Public Policy Research study. This left-wing group say deaths "could have" been prevented if public health had not been cut and funding had risen.

The pointlessness of cutting statistics up to reinforce already held opinions and beliefs. The 100,000 sure to make the headlines.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

fair enough , they still died though

workers still work and generate wealth , so why is it that the government can keep getting away with #ing it all up !

they are meant to safeguard us not spend our hard earned wealth and , skim off the top , or whatever is happening
but it seems like its always us who pay the price , all the while these idiots get of scot free
no prosecutions nothing .

They do # all accept argue over who is to blame all day , all the while getting paid

I could do that nae bother

easiest #ing job in the world

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I think that the economic argument for Brexit is simple. But actually it’s not simple at all. But here goes…

Being part of the EU gives beneficial access to a protected market, but a market which is flat lining. It also limits economic opportunities and is protectionist. For example, the UK service sector has trouble expanding into the EU as individual countries don't apply a fair and level playing field.

Leaving the EU may cause some disruption, but countries in the EU will still want to trade. German car makers want us to buy BMWs and Spanish farmers want us to take their tomatoes. Similarly, companies in the EU will still want JCBs and sheep. Trade will not cease.

Leaving the EU will mean that the UK can forge tailored trade deals with other countries, that are better aligned to the UK. The expanding markets in the world are not in the EU. The UK has unique connections with countries which could be exploited.

On trade deals. The EU-Japan trade deal was great, but the EU negotiators probably knew that lifting tariffs and Japanese-made cars (to benefit German manufacturers, because BMWs would be cheaper to Japanese consumers) would result in Japanese car manufacturers in the UK closing their factories. A UK-Japan trade deal would not have allowed that sacrifice to be made, but it's too late for Honda in Swindon because as soon as the deal was struck they announced the factory closure.

On “one” market. Scottish whiskey has been impacted by punitive tariffs from the US because the EU conspired to support the French and German subsidies to Airbus. Scotland is paying for EU actions. This is the same EU which has rules that prevent the UK propping up or renationalising indigenous steel producers as that would be "unfair". But it’s OK for Airbus?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
a reply to: sapien82

I think that the economic argument for Brexit is simple. But actually it’s not simple at all. But here goes…

Being part of the EU gives beneficial access to a protected market, but a market which is flat lining. It also limits economic opportunities and is protectionist. For example, the UK service sector has trouble expanding into the EU as individual countries don't apply a fair and level playing field.

Leaving the EU may cause some disruption, but countries in the EU will still want to trade. German car makers want us to buy BMWs and Spanish farmers want us to take their tomatoes. Similarly, companies in the EU will still want JCBs and sheep. Trade will not cease.

Leaving the EU will mean that the UK can forge tailored trade deals with other countries, that are better aligned to the UK. The expanding markets in the world are not in the EU. The UK has unique connections with countries which could be exploited.

On trade deals. The EU-Japan trade deal was great, but the EU negotiators probably knew that lifting tariffs and Japanese-made cars (to benefit German manufacturers, because BMWs would be cheaper to Japanese consumers) would result in Japanese car manufacturers in the UK closing their factories. A UK-Japan trade deal would not have allowed that sacrifice to be made, but it's too late for Honda in Swindon because as soon as the deal was struck they announced the factory closure.

On “one” market. Scottish whiskey has been impacted by punitive tariffs from the US because the EU conspired to support the French and German subsidies to Airbus. Scotland is paying for EU actions. This is the same EU which has rules that prevent the UK propping up or renationalising indigenous steel producers as that would be "unfair". But it’s OK for Airbus?

Trade with the EU absolutely will carry on but, without a deal It will be on less competitive terms and with a deal means accepting rules we have no say in making.

No deal absolutely hurts both sides but will certainly hurt us more.

Where being out with the single market will hurt most I suspect will be inward investment. Given the choice of building a factory inside or outside single market the decision is going to be heavily weighted one way. There are things we can do to try and offset this but they all have costs of their own.

In making deals with other countries we are not going get better deals than the EU gets. It's a bigger market with more to offer. Historical ties might work well with a few countries but I suspect past connections are not always looked on as favourably as we would like.

Being outside will give us more freedom in economic and industrial policy. However if we want trade deals thst freedom might be more constrained again.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot
Lets see what the traitors do if boris gets a deal.
Watch this space!

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
Watch this space!

The traitors will reject it... because what they want is delay after delay leading to Remain.
If I were in Boris' shoes I would call a referendum with 2 options
1 Leave with his deal
2) Leave without a deal.

Leave the remain question out of it because it has already been answered by the People.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Watch this space!

Isn't no deal better than a bad deal anymore?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Watch this space!

The traitors will reject it... because what they want is delay after delay leading to Remain.
1 Leave with his deal
2) Leave without a deal.

Leave the remain question out of it because it has already been answered by the People.

Pity poor Boris doesn't have enough support in parliament to call a referendum on anything.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Watch this space!

Isn't no deal better than a bad deal anymore?

It is as far as im concerned but the traitors have conspired to block no deal.
Do try to keep up!
🍻

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Watch this space!

1 Leave with his deal
2) Leave without a deal.

Pity poor Boris doesn't have enough support in parliament to call a referendum on anything.

So?
He can call one and let the country see that the traitors are stopping a referendum on the deal.
Would make it very obvious that what they really want it to Remain and thus ignore the will of the people.
Regardless, the traitors are going to look really bad when they reject a deal.
Can't wait.

edit on 16/10/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join