It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traitors will attempt to bring down UK government next week

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

They have made all these mad rules for tiny wee places like the faroe islands , so if they have bent rules for them they can do it for anyone.

Precisely......The EU wields the power......The EU does what the EU wants.

Other wise why are they making it difficult for the UK to leave the EU?

They are not interested in Scotland .......They need/want the UK.

The remainers need to wonder why they are so keen to keep the UK

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

aye but we have a general election every 4/5 years so why not referendums?
If peoples will for political change is every 5 years according to government then why not any other political idea ?
Isnt that what democracy is for , to determine the will of the people, not to agree to something once and then never look back.

A) A referendum is NOT an election

B)

Isnt that what democracy is for , to determine the will of the people,

^^^^^^^Would be IF it ever gets carried out ^^^^^^

edit on 7-10-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Other wise why are they making it difficult for the UK to leave the EU?

I have been through this so many times.....

If the EU give the UK a good deal it undermines the block, what would happen is that other Eurosceptic states (ie Italy) within the block would look to the UK and say "well it worked out for them so why don't we do it" before you know it other Eurosceptic states are holding referendums to leave and pretty soon the entire block is at risk of collapse. So that's the first big reason.

The second big reason is that the block is only as strong as it boarders, it need to have strong boarders otherwise the economic integrity of the block is undermined, no strong boarder at say RoI and NI then you could use that as a means to smuggle just about anything you want into the EU, regardless of EU regulations. Therefore the EU have to play hardball with the boarder, they either need NI at the very least to remain with in the EU trade regulations framework or they need hard boarder checks.

Yes the EU and even remainers acknowledge that in the event of a hard no-deal the EU will be hit the point is that for the EU it will feel like more of a bump along the economic road but the UK it will be like driving off the cliff. The EU know this and can use it to play hard ball, it sucks, I know it does but they have the stronger hand and from their perspective have very good reasons to prevent a easy Brexit.

You might not like that, but its the reality.
edit on 7-10-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

In this case , its the Faroe Islands who wields the power!

I believe it was the Faroe Island who told the EU they were keeping their fish , but then said they want to use the Euro
and I think they are getting it !

Its crazy , there is a good video from a guy from the Faroe Islands who explains the Unique
Denmark / Faroe Islands / EU issue and all its complexity.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

If the EU give the UK a good deal it undermines the block, what would happen is that other Eurosceptic states (ie Italy) within the block would look to the UK and say "well it worked out for them so why don't we do it" before you know it other Eurosceptic states are holding referendums to leave and pretty soon the entire block is at risk of collapse. So that's the first big reason.

The quality of any club/union/establishment can be judged by the membership

being satisfied by the running of it.

It is not necessary to lock them in they actually want to stay!!

Yes the EU and even remainers acknowledge that in the event of a hard no-deal the EU will be hit the point is that for the EU it will feel like more of a bump along the economic road but the UK it will be like driving off the cliff. The EU know this and can use it to play hard ball, it sucks, I know it does but they have the stronger hand and from their perspective have very good reasons to prevent a easy Brexit.

I and I am sure there are others who are not convinced on that, also there

are other dissatisfied countries on the sidelines taking notes for their own exits.

The EU are better at playing the game of poker........However those

attempting to deliver on the democratic vote of the people of the UK have

had all their aces removed from their hand, making it impossible to have

the winning hand, thats the reality

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The quality of any club/union/establishment can be judged by the membership

being satisfied by the running of it.

It is not necessary to lock them in they actually want to stay!!

I and I am sure there are others who are not convinced on that, also there

are other dissatisfied countries on the sidelines taking notes for their own exits.

The EU are better at playing the game of poker........However those

attempting to deliver on the democratic vote of the people of the UK have

had all their aces removed from their hand, making it impossible to have

the winning hand, thats the reality

No one is locking anyone in. There isn't a single country outside the UK that shows serious support for leaving the EU.

Of course you don't get better benefits from being outside than in. If you did then no one would want to be a member and no one would get the benefits.

It's in the EUs interest for the UK to stay in single market, but not at the risk of the integrity of the single market itself.

The UK hasnt had its aces removed, it never had them in the first place.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Hit the nail on the head there...

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Now we find ourselves being told what to do by the likes of Malta?
What about Magna Carta?
Did she die in vain?
😃🍻

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: sapien82

Now we find ourselves being told what to do by the likes of Malta?
What about Magna Carta?
Did she die in vain?
😃🍻

Has to star that one.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot
Tony Hancock thanks you for the star.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

You mean Oldcarpy didn't make that up????

Gutted by the blatant plagiarism.....

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
U

originally posted by: ScepticScot

I thought everyone would have got that reference!

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

U

originally posted by: ScepticScot

I thought everyone would have got that reference!

Suspect most UK posters will have, at least of a certain age or above.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I am certainly of a certain age.
Hip replaced - check.
Knackered knee - check.
Bugger.
Shoot me now, please.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy
Back on topic a song from the late great Warren Zevon comes to mind:
"Send lawyers guns and money, the s#it has hit the fan".

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I am certainly of a certain age.
Hip replaced - check.
Knackered knee - check.
Bugger.
Shoot me now, please.

Hips are fine but right knee buggered. Worse in cold weather.

Officially old.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Oh look, just as negotiations seem like they are getting somewhere, up pops the disgusting little creep Sadiq Khan urging a second referendum. Utter traitor to this country.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Oh look, just as negotiations seem like they are getting somewhere, up pops the disgusting little creep Sadiq Khan urging a second referendum. Utter traitor to this country.

....and Kier Starmer......sooner they are both out of office, and those MP's going against what their constituents voted for the better...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Brexit: 'Intense technical' talks between UK and EU in Brussels

Lol, Fecking idiots only about 3 years too late, why the hell were we not in intense talks from day one, then maybe the buffoons would have got a deal sorted instead of this bluff/double bluff, oh crap I got nothing poker game.

This weekend's talks in Brussels follow a meeting on Friday between Brexit Secretary Steve Barclay and EU chief negotiator Michel Barnier, described by both sides as "constructive". In a statement issued later, the European Commission said: "The EU and the UK have agreed to intensify discussions over the coming days." Speaking on BBC Radio 4's Today programme, Culture Secretary Nicky Morgan reiterated that "lots of details" needed to be worked out between both parties but said the "mood music" on negotiations "seems positive". She added that "speculation doesn't really help" and politicians needed to "stand back and give those negotiations and discussions the best chance of succeeding".

Maybe right after the referendum this could have begun, and we could have all moved on instead of being stuck in this groundhog day scenario.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join