It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traitors will attempt to bring down UK government next week

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

But you (as a nation, not you personally!) don't actually want independence do you? You voted no to independence at your referendum and the latest polls (last week) show support in Scotland is currently around 60-40% split in favour of the Union - despite Brexit.

I find it very interesting that when, as a nation, are at our most disunited for a long time, there is still no appetitie for independence. That must really stick in Sturgeon's craw!

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DreamerOracle
a reply to: gortex
The real traitors voted to leave and destroy the British economy in 2016... Or have you had your head in a hole

Britains Lose Jobs Because of Brexiteer Traitorous Ignorance!

The list will be long... and with each fall will only increase the Shame!

Lol!!! Typical head in the sand 'remainers' reply

You'd think at this juncture those who voted for it would be keeping their heads down? Seems the OP doesn't know the ATS motto.

A REMINDER... DENY IGNORANCE

^^^Right back at you^^^

No 1 Link..... The car industry has been in a bind more due to governments

trying to push electric/driverless cars which are more expensive and too new

for people to invest in and they are still buying petrol/deisel cars ........

I remember diesel being pushed 30 years ago and then suddenly governments

discovered they were not as eco friendly.

No 2 Link..... Thomas Cook has been in trouble for nigh on ten years......

They were heavily in debt, had bought other companies and overstretched

themselves long before Brexit It was only a matter of time. Like all, or nearly

all business's in trouble the various heads of the company left with pockets full

of money (They NEVER come off badly /smh) I did say in another thread I

wondered how long it would be before 'remainers' attributed the fall of Thomas

Cook to Brexit

No 3 Link Not working......but I wouldn't put much credence in it, anyway

just MORE SCAREMONGERING.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

I have no idea to be honest, a large majority of my social circles all want independence , but then again my social circle isn't the entirety of Scotland.

I'd be willing to bet that there is a majority now for independence than ever before , but its the same old story as always , the media will always down play this no matter what because the media are operated by those with interests in government and in the continued union of Scotland England, Wales and northern Ireland .

I know one thing Scotland doesn't want unanimously, and that's more conservative rule.
We may be divided on the Union , we maybe divided on a lot of things, but scots dont want a tory government
that is fairly evident.

So the only way we can get that is by breaking the Union because, England some how keeps voting for tories !

or its a split between labour and conservative and we end up with another government that no one voted for.

I think its safe to say that England keeps voting tory
given the last general election results

general election UK 2017

Just saying there seems to be a majority of #s voting for #s

we could also basically say the tony blair years were just red tories !

and so basically there have been conservative governments in power since I was born in 1982

am pretty #in fed up of these #e governments so I am 100% for independence

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

To be honest, apart from the Blair years, England has overwhelmingly voted Tory since the late 1940's. It is Welsh and Scottish support that has occasionally carried Labour over the line.

Regarding the opinion poll, it wasn't one of the biased ones where they aim for a certain result and then express suprise at actually getting it! It was a general opinion poll through out a large section of society. One of the most suprising bits for me was when in Govan and the support for Boris was through the roof! When asked, it essentially boiled down to Boris (rather than the Tories) as he was seen as a leader that, basically, didn't give a f!*# - which played very well into Govan sentiments by all accounts!

Honestly, support for a Tory in Govan! I honestly had to go outside just to check the sky wasn't falling down and that there weren't squadrons of piggies flying overhead.
edit on 2-10-2019 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DreamerOracle

Every negative business change will be blamed on Brexit. The three examples offered were a good example of spin and blame... For example, Ford said the closure of their engine plant in Bridgend was because of reduce demand for the engines they made, and Thomas Cook has been on the brink of collapse since well before Brexit. Recently a new car manufacturer (Ineos) has committed to building a factory in Bridgend despite Brexit. Swings and roundabouts.

People who wanted the UK to remain in the EU predicted economic destruction. Yet the UK continues to work and has unemployment well below the EU average and growth above the Eurozone. No one knows the impact of actual Brexit as it’s too complicated to predict, but it'll only be a catastrophe if you listen to those whose predictions have turned out to be drivel so far. Other commentators outside of the established elites think Brexit will actually be economically good.

At the very least the UK will be able to properly tax global corporations, rather than the tax take being diverted to Luxembourg or the Republic of Ireland. That's got to be good, although not so good for Lux and the Republic - boo hoo.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
I know one thing Scotland doesn't want unanimously, and that's more conservative rule.

We get that you don't like the Conservatives, but you need to reflect on the fact that nearly 30% of the Scottish electorate vote for the Conservatives in Scotland, just a handful of percent behind the popularist nationalist SNP.

The SNP have created a hateful narrative against the Tory party, possibly because they use Tory as code to mean English, and because it helps erode the main competition.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

the only reason they support Boris in Govan is because he is defending the Union

Govan is Rangersville !

I dont need to say any more

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Aye and there are 30% of the electorate up here who are #s as well !

the SNP didnt need to create a hateful narrative against the tories , their policies do that for themselves

Didnt the Scottish government including conservative MP's vote in favor of a independence mandate ?
this was then taken to the people to vote on.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Just think that if the Scots get independence then you can expel all these Scottish Conservatives and build a society of pure ethnic Scots who all think in the same way. You can all be good SNP robots and chant the same thing in the same echo chamber. Good luck.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Just think that if the Scots get independence then you can expel all these Scottish Conservatives and build a society of pure ethnic Scots who all think in the same way. You can all be good SNP robots and chant the same thing in the same echo chamber. Good luck.

Aye because thats what I want

Honestly mate where ye getting this pish fae ?

what is a pure ethnic scot ? any ideas , do I need to trace my genetic heritage back to the pict haplogene marker ?

My great great great great great great grandmother on my motherside came from spain with the armada .

Just because I want independence doesn't mean I want a SNP government.
SNP are simply the vehicle to which independence can be won.

So saying I should expel non ethnic scots , you are implying that my support of SNP makes me a racist or a xenophobe
this is what you are doing isnt it ?

You opened yer gub there and #e just fell right oot !

edit on 2-10-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Chill out. Just running the logic through your hatred of Scottish Tories and the opportunity for an independent Scotland to expel them.

I have no idea what a pure ethnic Scot is, but in the game of nationalism it's prob not a Tory, eh?

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

The real traitors voted to leave and destroy the British economy in 2016...
Or have you had your head in a hole

Traitors to who , the EU ?
The British economy is fine , it grew last quarter.
I voted leave.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

hahah I am chill mate I am just having a bit of banter wae ye !

Aye if we are using political affiliation as a metric for ethnic origin then aye I can say Tories arent Scottish
Conservativsim in Britain was a British thing more than it was anything to do with Scotland , I mean the party according to historians was created by william pitt the son of the earl of Chatham. A party for the Union and in support of the empire.
I supposed we would really have no reason for a conservative party in an independent Scotland.

We could call for the abolition of the Conservatives just now , as some of their policies have shown to be un-democratic . However we could probably say the same for a all of the parties.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

We get that you don't like the Conservatives, but you need to reflect on the fact that nearly 30% of the Scottish electorate vote for the Conservatives in Scotland, just a handful of percent behind the popularist nationalist SNP.

The SNP have created a hateful narrative against the Tory party, possibly because they use Tory as code to mean English, and because it helps erode the main competition.

Tory isn't code for English.

It's code for utter prick.

Any other questions on Scots language happy to help.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The real traitors voted to leave and destroy the British economy in 2016...
Or have you had your head in a hole

Traitors to who , the EU ?
The British economy is fine , it grew last quarter.
I voted leave.

GDP contracted last quarter.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

The economy grew 0.3% in July, the UK's official statistics body said, helped by the dominant services sector.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: ScepticScot

The economy grew 0.3% in July, the UK's official statistics body said, helped by the dominant services sector.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Your link confirms the economy contracted last quarter.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   
A wee musical interlude that should bring a smile to the face of either pro or anti Brexit:

'I can tell
I can tell
I can tell

This barrel you've got me bent over
Was it pulled from your pork cellar
In your lovely little house
I can tell
When taverns raise the glass for no one
No point trying to use your colon
I see it coming out your mouth

Monday streets
The wet and bus stops get done over
By the youth less clubs on shut down streets
The 1 percenters know, I do
It's just as well
I could be 25 years older
Shuffling into paper slippers I catch the 42 to hell

Noddy's streets ain't the same when you get older
No nutrition and the bold are figments eaten by the cold

It's just as well
I could be 25 years older
Shuffling into paper slippers I catch the 42 to hell'

I just hope, I just hope everything gets pulled apart and pushed
Gets pulled apart and bust gets pulled apart
I just hope, I just hope gets pulled apart and pushed
Gets pulled apart and bust gets pulled apart

These wheels are turning tricks
This bus is full of pricks
8 hours of Gedling Council # your life
It’s spare room hassle
Dead weight is living flesh
We are no longer spesh
These grips that pull my hair
A life not lived ‘cos I don’t care

This is the human race
UKIP and your disgrace
Chopped heads on London streets
All you zombies tweet, tweet, tweet

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
More legal action at the Court of Session today. Joanna Cherry and others are asking the court to require the Prime Minister to seek another extension, to avoid the U.K. leaving the EU without a deal (basically to ensure the PM complies with what’s become known as the Benn Act).

And they hope to employ a piece of Scots law to force him to comply with the Benn Act ... the Nobile Officium. Which could mean that if the PM fails to provide sufficient reassurance that he will comply, the Court may have the ability to get a court official to request the extension.

I’ve never heard of the Nobile Officium before, if nothing else Brexit is helping educate me about our legal system. Here’s an interesting article about it.

The Nobile Officium

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TheShippingForecast

It's an interesting dynamic here. If the EU know that a "no deal" will ever happen then they will never push for a deal which is a compromise. In fact, the EU will have the upper hand at all stages.

Are our politicians so out of touch with reality? Have any of them ever bought a car in real life, or even compared quotes for house insurance. Do they not understand anything about negotiating?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join