It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traitors will attempt to bring down UK government next week

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: ScepticScot

a reply to: ziplock9000

Your defending a government who has abused the constitution

Britain doesn't have a constitution.

What is does have is a set of principals.

Yes it does.

It's in many ways a fairly lousy constitution but it does have one.

Provide a link so i can read it then.

Oh, there is nothing in writing is there.

Actually quite a lot of is written.

Show me.

Links at the bottom.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Wiki is not an official document as far as i know.

So where is the official copy of The Constitution ? If you want The U.S. one i can link it.

And?

You do understand a constitution doesn't have to be a physical document?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

What i do understand is that if i want to refer to it, there is nothing to refer to,

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

What i do understand is that if i want to refer to it, there is nothing to refer to,

There is lots to refer to. Arguably the problem is there is too much.
edit on 30-9-2019 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

You do understand a constitution doesn't have to be a physical document?

As it isn't a physical document it's open to interpretation which is what's been going on in the courts , which is also why people are starting to think we need a written constitution.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I have a copy of my Contract Of Employment which i can refer to at any time and for any reason.

Where is my Constitution copy? Where, where where?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I have a copy of my Contract Of Employment which i can refer to at any time and for any reason.

Already answered.

You know fine well the UK has a constitution so why the pretence?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong
If we have no constitution, how did "British constitution" become a tongue-twister for testing drunks? You'll be saying next that "the Leith police" don't exist either.
It's called "an unwritten constitution, an implied code of practice. There is even an academic field of study called "constitutional history", looking at how the code has developed over the centuries.

edit on 30-9-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Already answered.

because the British Constitution cannot be found in any single document, politicians and lawyers have relied on constitutional authorities to locate and understand the constitution

An uncodified constitution creates two problems. First, it makes it difficult to know what the state of the constitution actually is. Second, it suggests that it is easier to make changes to the UK Constitution than in countries with written constitutions, because the latter have documents with a 'higher law' status against which ordinary statute law and government action can be tested, and are only amendable via elaborate procedures

www.ucl.ac.uk...

And that is what i have been asking. What is it ?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Already answered.

because the British Constitution cannot be found in any single document, politicians and lawyers have relied on constitutional authorities to locate and understand the constitution

An uncodified constitution creates two problems. First, it makes it difficult to know what the state of the constitution actually is. Second, it suggests that it is easier to make changes to the UK Constitution than in countries with written constitutions, because the latter have documents with a 'higher law' status against which ordinary statute law and government action can be tested, and are only amendable via elaborate procedures

www.ucl.ac.uk...

And that is what i have been asking. What is it ?

What you said was the UK doesn't have a constitution. That is incorrect.

If you want to say the UK constitution is incomplete, Ill defined, archaic and sometimes unfit for purpose then I will absolutely agree. But it's still a constitution.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

"Traitors" is an extremely strong word that is being misused horribly by the Brexiteers. Can we all please stop using it with regards to Brexit?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
if you don't like the direction that half the uk parliament is taking there are a few things that can be done, however they would only work as a large group action. Ive organised my self employment in such a way that i will have no earnings to pay income tax on(taken time off basically) someone from the leave party (lucy?) has also come up with the idea, no taxation without respresentaion, so hopefully that will have an impact and of course we can all pull our savings out of the uk banks on 30th october if we are unhappy. that would of course have a huge impact on the banking system round the world, as they are global entities nowdays. Blackmail or leverage, depends on your view but it would work. A bit of wolfie smith could come in handy.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

"Traitors" is an extremely strong word that is being misused horribly by the Brexiteers. Can we all please stop using it with regards to Brexit?

No. Next question?
Where do you stand on "surrender" and "humbug"
FFS?
And by the way what about the word "traitors" in the labour conference singing the "red flag" eh?
Hypocrite.

edit on 30-9-2019 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

No. Next question?
FFS?
And by the way what about the word "traitors" in the labour conference singing the "red flag" eh?
Hypocrite.

Nothing wrong with the word humbug other than a tad archaic.

Perhaps best not used in response to a question about death threats however.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

No. Next question?
FFS?
Hypocrite.

The moment that that hypocritical son of a bitch BoJo said 'Humbug' to Sherriff was the moment that I realised just how dangerous he is and the lengths that he will go to to desperately try and ram through whatever kind of Brexit he can get away with in an attempt to try and stop Farage from carving Leave voters away from him at the next election.
The Operation Yellowhammer documents detail the damage that a no-deal Brexit will do the economy of the country. Gove keeps lying about it, but it remains the truth that without a deal this country will be hammered economically. Apparently pointing this out makes you a 'traitor'.
By the way, I am not a Labour supporter and I would never vote for them. Their position on Brexit is nuanced to the point of utter lunacy. So I have no idea why you'd bring up The Red Flag.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

True.
But what about labours language?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

True.

What about it?

Never voted Labour in my life and think Corbyn is probably a worse choice than Johnson for PM.

Doesn't make Johnson's choice of words, or his refusal to moderate them, any better.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

True.

What about it?

Never voted Labour in my life and think Corbyn is probably a worse choice than Johnson for PM.

Doesn't make Johnson's choice of words, or his refusal to moderate them, any better.

On the one hand apparently Jezza makes jam. He's quite good at that even.
On the other hand BoJo makes... models of buses from wine boxes?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=24651642]OtherSideOfTheCoin[/post ]

Agreed, peoples votes, No-Deal or remain.

I thought that is what we did 3 years ago...........?
edit on 22/9/2011 by theruthlessone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   

No. When we have people colluding with our opponents against us it's quite correct.

It's strong words for reprehensible and totally unforgivable behaviour.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: eccentriclady
no taxation without respresentaion

theres some stuff you guys could do with tea that would blow their minds. Let little brother help you.
edit on 10/1/2019 by revswim because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join