It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traitors will attempt to bring down UK government next week

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
According to SNP MP Stewart Hosie remainers will call for a vote of no-confidence in the government next week , an alliance of anti-democratic scumbags from the SNP , Labour and the Lib-Dems will call for the vote because they don't believe Boris Johnson will ask for an extension on October 31st which will mean we would leave the EU without a deal.

Mr Hosie said opposition parties were in discussions about the timing of a no-confidence vote amid concern that Mr Johnson may find a way of circumventing the so-called "Benn Bill" which requires him to seek an extension to the UK's departure date if no deal has been agreed.

The aim would be to install an interim prime minister who would secure a short Brexit delay and then call a general election.

"We have to do that because there is now no confidence that the prime minister will obey the law and seek the extension that Parliament voted for only a few weeks ago," he told the Today programme.
"It we are serious about the extension that is the only game in town."

This is a Coup regardless of what remainers want to think and I am thoroughly disgusted by my Parliament , remember remember the 5th of Novermber , gunpowder , Treason and plot

My blood pressure levels are through the roof , Democracy is dead in the UK , Parliament is being hijacked by a supposedly impartial Speaker of the House and whining anti-democratic scumbags who can't accept they are on the wrong side of the argument so have decided to force their beliefs on the country in the face of what the country voted for .... and they wonder and complain that they're getting threats for their anti-democratic actions !

Mr Hosie said: "If another name came forward that was acceptable to everybody, a Ken Clarke or Dominic Grieve-type figure, then self-evidently that would be a good thing to do." he said. "But it is also self-evidently the case that the second largest party (Labour) should have the first chance to form that administration. "If Jo Swinson and the Lib Dems are actually serious about their stopping Brexit position then they need to stop playing political games, get on board with everybody else."
www.bbc.co.uk...

This is a Coup regardless of what remainers want to think , I am thoroughly disgusted by my Parliament and the treasonous anti-democratic scumbags that reside within it , we should halt the Westminster renovations and pull the festering Palace down , the rot goes further than just the building.

Edit.
The US political madness forum should be renamed as just political madness because this thread belongs in there ... political madness !
edit on 28-9-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
In the first place, there is no possible agreement between Labour and LibDems on a replacement for Boris. A couple of days ago, #JoSwinsonResign was trending on Twitter, coming from Labour supporters resenting her refusal to back jeremy Corbyn.
In the second place, such a ploy would almost inevitably led into a General Election, which is precisely what these people don't want. They may well fail at this hurdle.

edit on 28-9-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Labour will do anything for power.
The SNP are a populist nationalist party bent on breaking up the UK.
The Liberal Democrats are a threat to Labour.

With all of the above, who cares about democracy?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Only is they fail to agree on an alternative caretaker government will a General Election be called , who knows how long a caretaker government will last in these times of turmoil , Parliament is a law unto itself these days.

If the government loses the vote, MPs have 14 days to express their support for an alternative government. If an alternative government cannot command a majority in the House of Commons in that time, a general election could be held.

We will see if they coalesce behind an alternative to Corbyn but the direction of travel is clear , bring down Johnson before the 31st to stop any chance of a no deal Brexit then kill Brexit.

edit on 28-9-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Only is they fail to agree on an alternative caretaker government will a General Election be called , who knows how long a caretaker government will last in these times of turmoil

A caretaker government installed into power to replaces an incumbent without a democratic mandate is a dangerous precedent. I am feeling a tad worried by this whole affair. MPs spend so long in the echo chamber that they have lost touch with reality if they think this is OK.
edit on 28/9/2019 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Am sorry I have to call bollocks on this right away.

All we heard a few weeks ago was how the "traitors" were preventing a general elections and now that they're making a move to call a no-confidence they're still "traitors"....

Its not a coup this is how the Fix Term Parliament act works, its the exact same legislation that supporters of Boris were all up for when he essentially tabled motions of no-confidence in his own government. This is a legal mechanism, its not a coup, this is how the law in the UK works. A two thirds majority vote no confidence in the government and then there is a two week window to form a new government.

No coup.

This is the legal and constitutional way that this works.

You lot weren't complaining when Boris was doing this last week.

No aside from all of that, this plans seems to be the failsafe, thats what they're wanting a failsafe way to prevent Boris circumventing the law, the very fact that the opposition parties are having to even consider this because our PM might actively try to break the law is #ing mental especially given that he has already been found to have acted unlawful in proroguing parliament.
edit on 28-9-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

All we heard a few weeks ago was how the "traitors" were preventing a general elections and now that they're making a move to call a no-confidence they're still "traitors"....

They were offered the chance of a General Election but turned it down for reasons , mainly they knew they would lose and lose big , taking this route is the safer anti-democratic option , no peoples choice involved.

They are traitors to the Democracy they espouse.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

So what you're saying is that it was okay for Boris to do it last week but its not okay for the opposition to do it this week.

Please tell me you can see the hypocrisy in this.

On the 10 of September Boris tabled a motion under the Fixed Term Parliament act to call for a vote of no confidence in his own government, you have no problem with that yet when the opposition try to do literally the exact same thing they're "anti-democratic traitors"

If Boris would just obey the law we wouldn't' even be having this conversation, don't you see how #ing crazy that is, because our PM will not commit to following the letter of the law this is what could be happening. Why are you not pissed a Boris!

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

On the 10 of September Boris tabled a motion under the Fixed Term Parliament act to call for a vote of no confidence in his own government, you have no problem with that yet when the opposition try to do literally the exact same thing they're "anti-democratic traitors"

He wants an election they don't , they want to seize power to achieve their objective rather than put it to the people, at least Johnson tried to force a Democratic outcome on the House by triggering an election and giving the people a voice.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

He wants an election they don't , they want to seize power to achieve their objective rather than put it to the people, at least Johnson tried to force a Democratic outcome on the House by triggering an election and giving the people a voice.

No you either don't understand how this works or are just pissed because parliament isn't pushing for a hard no deal.

Boris tabled a motion under the fixed terms parliament act, this was basically a vote of no confidence in his own government on the 10th of sept (he also done it on the 4th). If this passed then the opposition would have had the opportunity then to have formed a caretaker government but they did not at that time. There is no difference between what Boris done on the 10 of Sept and what MR Howie is proposing for next week. NONE!

He even joked in parliament after it that it was the first time that the opposition has voted for confidence in the government.

So can you please tell me why it was okay for Boris to do it then but its not okay for parliament to do it next week?

Also please stop calling these people traitors, because you're calling people who have served their country traitors, you might not like them, you might disagree with them politically but I bet they have done more to serve their country than you or I. To be clear this is coming form someone who has universal animosity towards all politicians. I think we all need to stop with the inflammatory language because it sounds like your emotions getting in the way of facts.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Liberals are trying to screw the entire world. It's time to stand up and fight. We have grown to be complacent.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

So can you please tell me why it was okay for Boris to do it then but its not okay for parliament to do it next week?

If an election had been called, it would have taken place after 31st October. The PM can set the date for the election.

The house would go into recess once an election is called, and Brexit would have taken place whilst an election campaign was going on. Simple really.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I already have in my post above yours , you obviously don't see the wrong that is being done by this rogue Parliament and the precedents it's setting.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I already have in my post above yours , you obviously don't see the wrong that is being done by this rogue Parliament and the precedents it's setting.

No you've not, you have gave me a BS answer.

Why is it okay for Boris to have done this on the 10th of Sept but its not okay for opposition to do it next week.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

If an election had been called, it would have taken place after 31st October. The PM can set the date for the election.

The house would go into recess once an election is called, and Brexit would have taken place whilst an election campaign was going on. Simple really.

Exactly!

I was kinda of hopping the OP would get there himself but yes you are correct Boris could have used it to sleep-walk us into a no-deal Breixt.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

It would have been on the 17th October , that was stated.

It's only simple if you believe the remainers who said Johnson would shift the date of the proposed election.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

It would have been on the 17th October , that was stated.

Would it though....

in theory, the prime minister probably could change his mind about the date of the early election after persuading Parliament to call one. He could advise the Queen to proclaim an election date that is different from the one he promised to Parliament. Or, he could advise the Queen to proclaim one election date, and then later advise her to issue a second proclamation changing the date.

Institute for Government

This is pretty much what parliament feared he would do and why they don't want a general election until the possibility of a no-deal on the 31st of October has been averted.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I can't remember there being an actual date for an election to take place. The cowards who don't want an election are afraid it would be after 31st October. That is what i recall.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

in theory, the prime minister probablycould change his mind about the date of the early election after persuading Parliament to call one.

I think it likely he would have gone to the people to try to gain a mandate to end this nightmare and give himself negotiating power with the EU.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

in theory, the prime minister probablycould change his mind about the date of the early election after persuading Parliament to call one.

I think it likely he would have gone to the people to try to gain a mandate to end this nightmare and give himself negotiating power with the EU.

Yeah after October 31st....

This is the same man who unlawfully prorogued parliament, is actively trying to find ways to break the law in regards to the Benn Bill, has just been referred to the police to be investigated for misconduct in public office, has a unknown number of illegitimate children, appointed Dominic Cummings as a Advisor and lied to us saying we would have a extra £350 Million for NHS every week once we leave the EU.....

You really think the opposition are going to trust him not to have turned round and changed the date so we would sleep walk into a no-deal Brexit?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join