It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will the Silent Majority stop being silent?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: hyperlexic

There are 247,813,910 adults of voting age in the usa.
Trump got 63 million of those in total.
Take away the 65 million that hillary got leaves you with 119 million who didn't vote.

That 119 are the true SILENT majority. I'm saying that no one knows what those 119 million are thinking.

This right here is spot on the money.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: FingerMan

Are you assuming that the silent majority will think and believe as you do? I think you might be surprised.

Most large polls find the majority of 'American's' agreeing with progressive goals - end to endless war, choice for women, public health care, gun control, money out of politics, the list goes on.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Are you assuming that the silent majority will think and believe as you do? I think you might be surprised.

Most large polls find the majority of 'American's' agreeing with progressive goals - end to endless war, choice for women, public health care, gun control, money out of politics, the list goes on.

The problem I see with polls is, that they only record someone that wants to participate in a poll. I have seen that many conservative people simply do not want to be involved in polls at all because of the psychotic backlash they would incur from the radical left. So, to avoid being the target of that wackiness, they avoid responding to pollers.

What you have left are people that LOVE these polls, and it then produces a skewed perception of conservatives being in the minority. However, what these polls fail to present is that perceived minority is in the polling data, not in the population.

Enter the "silent majority" idea here. See, that is why it is labeled as silent. They are not vocal, until making the decision in the ballot box at election time. A secret ballot for the exact reason I mentioned above about the radical response from the far left crazies.

For the most recent example, see the 2016 presidential election.

Polls all had Hillary Clinton winning in a landslide. Yet, that was totally inaccurate. Why? See my explanation above.

IMO, polls are for the herd mentality to feel like they are part of the herd movement and not individuals. Sort of like the idea of being a subject in China. The social contract they are taught from birth is to be part of the collective, and not to see yourself as an individual.

edit on 9/28/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
IMO, based on interactions with my own "silent majority" friends, they simply don't give two f#s about what the mouthier ones think or demand out of them. Including the OP.
edit on 9/28/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   

First off, the silent majority are for Trump. Let's stop meandering about this. We are talking about silent Trump supporters. There is no such thing as a silent left leaning and god hating liberal. You can continue to argue that in any way you want. I just won't play. It's pointless and boring.

Secondly:
"Most large polls find the majority of 'American's' agreeing with progressive goals - end to endless war"
End to war - Has Trump started any wars? Has Trump ended wars? Is Trump trying to avoid wars? Is Trump trying to end wars?
You know the answer to this question. Makes me think you are a partisan liberal to try and say otherwise.

"Choice for woman" - Do you mean abortion? Speak straight and truthful. I think Trump is for a Woman's right to choose to murder her baby. I think he has stated multiple times he supports a woman's right to murder her baby before it becomes a responsibility she must accept for the actions she has taken. I think Dave Chappelle is also recently famous for his support of abortion. Go watch his recent comments. (Wished I could see your reaction)

"Public Healthcare" - You mean free healthcare for degenerates that would rather steal and not become productive citizens? We are going in that direction inevitably. BUT, if you have any idea how bad the VA is you would never wish this on your worst enemy. Get a job, get some insurance, pay your way LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE, and be happy.
Or, get sick, get diagnosed stage 4 cancer when you went originally asked to be diagnosed at pre stage 1. Then get approved for treatment after you are dead. You really have absolutely zero idea of what you are asking for here. I do. I have VA healthcare. But I'm also lucky enough to have private medical insurance. The difference isn't even night and day. It is heaven and hell.

"Gun Control" - Just had a bunch of kids break into my house while I was asleep, with my family asleep as well. They stole my wallet and very nice truck. Had I walked downstairs, or god forbid my children walked downstairs, they would be dead. In the last two days I have purchased a gun, installed a security system, and found the perpetrators. (That's a whole other story) I dare anyone to try and take my gun away! More security checks? Sure. But that doesn't stop criminals from stealing guns. You trust government way too much.

"Money out of politics" - Never going to happen first off. Second, Trump is the only President who has actually taken Washington on. To include his fellow Republicans. Most importantly, because of Trump, we know the Deep State is a very real thing.

So. I just tore your statement to absolute shreds. And I'm sure you won't be able to understand and even see that I did. That is the world we live in today. People see it their way and can't see it any other.
If my reply seemed a little livid, it's because I was blown away by the things you said. Absolutely false 100%.
edit on 1-10-2019 by FingerMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

The problem I see with polls is, that they only record someone that wants to participate in a poll. I have seen that many conservative people simply do not want to be involved in polls at all because of the psychotic backlash they would incur from the radical left. So, to avoid being the target of that wackiness, they avoid responding to pollers.

What you have left are people that LOVE these polls, and it then produces a skewed perception of conservatives being in the minority. However, what these polls fail to present is that perceived minority is in the polling data, not in the population.

Enter the "silent majority" idea here. See, that is why it is labeled as silent. They are not vocal, until making the decision in the ballot box at election time. A secret ballot for the exact reason I mentioned above about the radical response from the far left crazies.

For the most recent example, see the 2016 presidential election.

Polls all had Hillary Clinton winning in a landslide. Yet, that was totally inaccurate. Why? See my explanation above.

IMO, polls are for the herd mentality to feel like they are part of the herd movement and not individuals. Sort of like the idea of being a subject in China. The social contract they are taught from birth is to be part of the collective, and not to see yourself as an individual.

Great post! The term 'Group Think' needs a new title/moniker for larger groups.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
IMO, based on interactions with my own "silent majority" friends, they simply don't give two f#s about what the mouthier ones think or demand out of them. Including the OP.

And I don't give two f#s about your mouth either.

So, maybe I'm one of your friends?

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: FingerMan

And I don't give two f#s about your mouth either.

So, maybe I'm one of your friends?

With your sucktacular attitude, do you really expect anyone on the fence or in the SM to listen to you?

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

It was late, and I've had an interesting couple of days.
Your little plug "two f#s Including the OP" was nasty. My reply was contrite and clever.
I will never win those to my side that will never come to my side to begin with. So you sir can keep on walkin. I could give two f#s.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

It was late, and I've had an interesting couple of days.
Your little plug "two f#s Including the OP" was nasty. My reply was contrite and clever.
I will never win those to my side that will never come to my side to begin with. So you sir can keep on walkin. I could give two f#s.

Then quit bitching about something you seem to already understand you have no control over or ability to influence any change regarding. Just encourage people to get off their butts and vote. Doesn't matter what or who for, or whether or not people "stop being silent". The votes are what count more in the end, not casting one is a complete waste of one's ability to.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Conclusion up front: This political division of our Nation is 100% the fault of the Silent Majority.

The Silent Majority are afraid. They are scared. They do not want conflict.

You allow the false narrative to exist. Shame on you.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I can’t take off work to protest in the middle of a street for weeks at a time or act like a complete idiot on a street corner. After working for 10-12 hours a day, I don’t really feel like going around the neighborhood knocking on the doors of others like me who just got off an endless shift and need to get 6-8 hours rest before doing it again.

I’ve got bills to pay. Unlike the folks you see in the background of a CNN or MSNBC broadcast.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

LOL...
I didn't mean protest like a liberal in the streets. Just speak up. Keep the backs of those that do speak up.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

a reply to: EternalSolace

LOL...
I didn't mean protest like a liberal in the streets. Just speak up. Keep the backs of those that do speak up.

The silent majority speaks in the polling booth, where, IMO, it is the most effective. Anything else is merely optics for self aggrandizement and virtue signaling to others how "woke" you are.

Psshhaaww...they can have that approach. I'll speak with my vote.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join