It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you Unite a fractured nation?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Create an outside enemy.
Declare war on Hawaii!

FIRE THE TORPEDOES!

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

You forgot fake hate crimes for extra lulz.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Space Aliens.

Its actually a major point. If Aliens from outer space turned up tomorrow and started firing laser beams at all our great monuments across the globe, we would all suddenly be brothers and sisters united against those damn aliens. Muslims and Christians, black, white, asian, all would likely unite.

Human v Alien would be the new paradigm lol.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: DBCowboy

Perhaps a civil war is the answer. Let the inner cities burn and start over from scratch. A great cleansing of the population. Destroy the infrastructure and let chaos and anarchy have it's day. If this is what you want for your children, so be it....

Glad I don't have kids....and blessed to have options to sit this one out.

A mini Armageddon and precursor to the American Apocalypse.

I prefer to watch it on TV from some tropical paradise where love is in the air, the shore breaks have a green room, the fishin is good, the beer is cold and the obsession with the hatred of others doesn't exist.

You say that with a certain amount of disdain/disbelief as if such a thing would be our choosing. Look at the inner cities now, the intelligence levels and attitudes of those future adults who will a) continue the work of society and build on our progress or b) fall to drugs, criminality, social detriment. We can't even keep up the infrastructure we have, never mind building new stuff. Our taxes increasingly go to fund a military/intelligence state and the next generations are coming up more brainwashed, violent and dependent on government than any generation before. They are hooked in to the grid, literally the matrix. Past generations at least had freedom of thought and conscious, not so easy to accomplish these days.

Overall, I don't see much of any other logical outcome. Eventually the city populations can no longer be supported then they will be on their own and it won't be pretty.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   
double post
edit on 27-9-2019 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   

" How do you Unite a fractured nation? "

By Throwing the " High Profile " Dysfunctional Law Breakers in Jail as a Warning to the Rest of the " Rabble " .......

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   
What about all the ways your nation is united through language, culture, economy and law? America looks a lot more united than somewhere like the Middle East and all the conflict it has had to endure.

You want more unification then leave big tech alone, the borg is on its way to assimilate us all.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: harold223
Another major point. If aliens from outer space really did turn up tomorrow. The reality is that everybody would unite. In the concentrations camps, and roundup ranges, because it would be worse then when the conquistadors came to the new world, and everybody would be fighting for whatever scraps they find. Just like there fighting over whos, figure head should be in office.

And even if some of the more bening species turned up, which by the way, they dont bother with this stuff. Well I dont think you could be and live among humans for more then a few years without wanting to kill them all off at some point.

After all, even humans cant live with humans.

Whose harebrained idiotic idea was it that it would be any different with any other species of sentient being or even multidimensional being? That whole crackpot aliens attack project blue beam is just plain retarded. And maybe you all should thank Crom that aliens dont exist. After all the human being is the most perfectest of creations out there in the whole wide cosmos and universes. Right?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Wow there. More then half the population may not qualify to be fodder in the military. Can any modern military even afford that anymore? We moved past bayonets and having guys run forward screaming at the enemy, to see how many mines are in the way.

Dont think the industrial military complex can handle all those even if we were having WW3 any day now. May have to find another way without compromising our military and social safety.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz
Also ban the smiley and frowny emoticons as well. They grow discontent among the populous. OR ban all emoticons all together.

Making the "thumbs up" emoticon, the only emoticon that exists in the whole wide net. So that way not only is there no disagreements ever, but everybody can only and always just agree with eachother.

The perfect nuclear family. Just like on the TV.
edit on 12amSaturdayam282019f6amSat, 28 Sep 2019 00:58:36 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Blaine91555

We're the same creature but with shinier tools.

Ummm...for the umteenth time...I'll state it again...

repeat after me...

We’re all just a bunch of lactating...territorial...mammals..."

We are apex predators...the very top of the food chain...

Once you let that realism sink in and accept your genetic programming for what it really is you’ll have less angst going forward...

Some are...alpha...some beta...the vast majority omega...those are the herd...

Which are you...?

YouSir

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

We are apex predators...the very top of the food chain...

Are we really? Here in Australia there is good statics on missing persons. Try and look in America and it is a mess. Has more cover up and not look at that. Look at Cory Goode and the secret space program is in control. Look at the deep state and there is no comment.

Farmers cannot look after their cows with all these bizarre and unexplained deaths. They are not in control. Just who or what is? Sure valuable members of society are protected, but what about the weak?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Showing the general public that Justice is blind, and even those who have lots of cash, can be held accountable to the same lows the pleebs are held to.

I realize this won't ever happen, but it would help out with your initial goal.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
We cannot unite. That is foolishness.

We cannot unite because we have nothing to unite for. In 1776, we were united (mostly; there were some who even then wanted the UK to maintain control) against a common enemy whose actions made life difficult, even unbearable for most. After that we were united because life was still hard. We had to protect ourselves against diseases, wild animals, temperature and weather extremes, and the like. But as technology became more and more powerful, we began to wrestle with each other over ideologies.

By the mid 1800s, we went to war with ourselves. Brother killed brother on the battlefield. An entire culture was almost wiped out, then was subjugated.

The 1900s saw two world wars. Our very lives were threatened. We united against that common enemy. Then came the cold war, when propaganda (nuclear-blast-proof desks, anyone?) was used to unite us against a more phantom enemy. When the Berlin Wall fell during Reagan's term, we could live in peace once again.

But we cannot live in peace. It is not our species' way. We want to subjugate others, control others, dictate to others. We have something inside us that refuses to accept others in any role that is not superior or inferior, and we hate to be inferior. It's inherent. Even the Bible tells us this:
    Genesis 1:26

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
That's a lot of dominion. It covers everything on the earth except the one that is obvious from its omission: each other. We do not have dominion over each other, yet that dominion over others is the one thing we seem to crave the most. It is the one thing forbidden to us.

When I was younger, I saw the United States as a Great Experiment... vastly different people, vastly different cultures, living in harmony together under specific laws that set limits on our behavior towards others. "We believe that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of freedom." I believed that. I guess a part of me still does. But another part has realized over the years that the law does not apply equally to all; people are cruel and sadistic; one must be on the alert at all times. I have said many times that I consider a rattlesnake much more civilized than a human. A rattlesnake will try to avoid trouble and will only kill for food or self-protection. Humans look for trouble and will gladly kill or even torture for pure pleasure.

I try to put myself above that fray... that barbarity... even though I often fail.

It is my opinion that this Great Experiment has failed. It stood solid and worked well only in a world of outside threats and where people were required by nature to struggle to survive. When the threat from outside was removed and technology gave us a comfortable life, we were unable to handle the responsibilities that freedom demands.

I have lived in interesting times, to be sure. I saw our progression from crude technology to the marvels we have at our fingertips today. I also have witnessed both the greatness of a superpower nation and its fall into ruin. I marvel at how the human animal can take for granted such wonders, but I cannot dispute that it has happened.

The future is now set on an unalterable course: the USA will fall. I know not what the final trigger will be, but it will come. It will start in the cities, and will spread until it reaches every nook and cranny no matter how remote. The War of Northern Aggression, dismissively referred to by many as the Civil War, never ended; it was simply placed on hold. The enemy was never vanquished, only subjugated, and a subjugated people will always arise again. It will not be the North versus the South this time, but rather what it truly was in the first place: city versus country. The city may hold the numbers, but the country holds the land... time will tell who wins, but this I can say right now: both sides will lose.

Me? I'll be sitting this one out. I am old now and, despite my determination to deny it, am broken. I will be right here, sitting in my mountain with my weapons ready, defending my home and only my home. Perhaps I will move on before my prediction materializes; that would be a blessing. Perhaps I will not. But right now my purpose is to try and prolong this inevitable outcome of our Great Experiment to achieve that blessing. I do not wish to see the eradication of complete cultures and peoples, which is what this must surely end in.

That is my selfish motive. That is my humanity.

Perhaps in another time we will learn respect for others. Perhaps we will learn to live together in true peace and tranquility. Perhaps, but this experiment has failed. The ship is sinking; the lifeboats are gone; the band plays on.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But I don't think our politicians have any intention of leaving us alone, there is no profit in that approach. I agree that checking out is very easy, but these people have sold their soul to climb the ladder of social status through back stabbing hard work.

So part of the cause to our current situation could be them meddling too much with ever facet of our life? In them controlling us, they gain the ability to extract money from in the open donors / activists to shady deals where we citizens are the commodity that is being traded to the oligarch/corps.

If the problem is pure greed, what can be done. If the problem is people trying to control other people, how do we address that. Would you say the more capital and resources you have, the more control you are able to project? Would you view any type of restriction on the top level of power and control a person could accumulate to be heresy? Could you enact controls while still allowing complete free will and choice?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Kool
blame the dems and ask for unity.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

What a simplistic response. You had to dig deep to find the very few posts in this thread that were even suggesting that. I never see you condemning both sides. When are you going to drop your partisan views and hold out a hand in friendship or do you secretly love the divide?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I humbly ask the gentle readers on ATS. . . . . . .

The world population is extremely skeptical of political leaders because they are known to lie alot. The overwhelming lying is assisting in the division. Lying by political leadership who say one thing and do another. Which makes it seem like the political game is a game for self...said to be for many.

My input to help begin unification is to STOP LYING to the masses we want United. And maybe if possible make life more pleasurable for the common man and not so cutthroat.
Last, current generations START CARING MORE FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS. Imagine being in a afterlife observing it all fall to shame and you were a contributor to the pain and un-pleasure when you last visited...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Kool
blame the dems and ask for unity.

This is a perfect example.

How would it ever be possible for someone like Silly and myself to ever agree on a political candidate?

I think the Redneck was spot on.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
But we cannot live in peace. It is not our species' way. We want to subjugate others, control others, dictate to others. We have something inside us that refuses to accept others in any role that is not superior or inferior, and we hate to be inferior. It's inherent. Even the Bible tells us this:
    Genesis 1:26

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
That's a lot of dominion. It covers everything on the earth except the one that is obvious from its omission: each other. We do not have dominion over each other, yet that dominion over others is the one thing we seem to crave the most. It is the one thing forbidden to us.

Well put together post;

But I'd have to disagree that subjugation is inherent in our species. I would argue that its "fear" that is inherent in our species; which makes sense from a survival standpoint. And subjugation is just a tool we use to deal with the our fear of the other. If we can control the other we don't have to fear them and it is a safer world for us.

And i think that is an important distinction to make in a subject like this one. Because if you are right and it is the desire to subjugate/superiority that is inherent than you are correct we are doomed to never live United. But if its fear that is inherent than we are not doomed; we just need to find better ways to deal with our fear of the other than subjugation.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join