It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you Unite a fractured nation?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
There may be only ONE way to promote unity - first, you have to understand the underlying problem....the 2 Party system. Partisans, regardless of which “team” they cheer for, are now more interested in their “side” “winning” instead of working to actually solve problems. Now the possible solution - since the 2 Parties are at each other’s throats and inciting their bases to believe that the other “side” is evil and full of morons, it must be law that the President has to be an Independent - with no affiliation to either Party. This is the only TRUE way for the Executive - and therefore also the Judiciary - to be an impartial body working for the good of the people instead of being a champion of a “Party”.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I feel like if things are as bad as you insist, a divorce would be a better option. It doesn't quite pack the same "Three Wolves" / Walmart Rambo vibe, but it would be cheaper and not a big ol' payday for defense contractors and gun manufacturers which is a huge plus in my book.

I guess I'm just not in the target demo for a proper civil war.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Leaving people alone encourages them to form groups.

Those groups then develop to form larger groups to destroy the controlling groups.

We're genetically locked into continuously screwing ourselves over.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Comedy
Fart jokes
South park
Dave Chappelle
John Stewart

It got us through W

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: olaru12

But welcome to the world of authoritarian "I Know How to Live Your Life Better Than You"-ism.

Do you really think they have any compassion at all for us citizens? Don't you think the majority of not all motivating factors in every single aspect of their political life is how to secure more for themselves?

Maybe part of the problem is actually believing they are there for us and that they care.

I don't think we will ever get rid of the lazy portion of our populace. Those people who wish to be taken care of and have their personal responsibilities removed regardless of the consequences.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

So you don't trust big government but you are in favor of "Big Army?" And you don't see any disconnect in that?

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Ephesians 6:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

And what is the answer?

Its right here:

2 Chronicles 7:14 New King James Version (NKJV)

14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Pretty straight forward, don't you think?

I also think we lost in the future. At least for 7 years of tribulation. And if feels like its all about to begin right now. It was a terrible war, that had to be fought, and plenty of American blood was spilt, to insure that slaves were freed, but it was worth the outcome. Now slavery has reared its ugly head once again, but this time from another angle

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: ketsuko

We're genetically locked into continuously screwing ourselves over.

That's really it isn't it. We are hardwired that way.

Look over there, those guys on the other side of the hill eat food also and we can't have that. We need to kill them.

I don't suppose there is a solution and I have little doubt we have not seen the worst history has to offer yet. In no small part that may be due to our own genes. We have evolved socially beyond our own genetics keeping us forever at odds with each other and the world. Kill them before they eat all the food.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
the only way this is resolved is with blood, sorry but it's true.

think about Kent State and the 60's war movement, with out that blood, the country as a whole would not have changed and come together.

without a blood sacrifice, this does not end, do I like it, hell no

it's just the facts.

This is possibly exactly what America deserves with the current political and cultural divisions.....

"It might be the devil, It might be the Lord, but you gotta serve somebody"....RZ

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Even if we have that wiring, it doesn't mean it is the sum of who we are. Maybe if we didn't have that wiring, we wouldn't have survived as a human race. Those wires equip us to survive nature, to survive reality. Maybe just like technology, it is simply a tool and the end result is simply how we CHOOSE to utilize that tool. Maybe there are a group of people that have figured the schematic diagrams to the wiring and are screwing us over royally. Basically using us against ourselves. Creating fake morals and fake humility to prevent us from discussing who we are with each other. To understand each other and ourselves.

But how much do we shy away from honesty, preferring the warm comforting lies instead ..... you know to protect people's feelings instead of simply stating a truth in how we see this reality.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
a reply to: Blaine91555

But how much do we shy away from honesty, preferring the warm comforting lies instead ..... you know to protect people's feelings instead of simply stating a truth in how we see this reality.

You're describing good parenting which is also good leadership. Right now they tell us whatever they think will make us vote for them, instead of caring about us enough to hit us in the face with the truth.

I read a while back that 3% of us are sociopaths and have no empathy. Seems to me that a person with no empathy in today's world is likely to end up in politics or big business. That may also be a result of our genetics producing sociopaths that are or were needed for some tasks.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Let's face it on some level humans like conflict, it spurs them on. At least enough of the people do. Like our hippies of the '60s are hyped up fanatics now, lol they used to be the pacifists. Nobody respects each other and their right to live how they choose, that chit started with second-hand smoke LOL. By today's standards, our father abused his 1970's kids by smoking in the car on the way to grandmothers LOL. Honestly, we got to find a way to listen to the other side, the only left-leaning person I can discuss politics with is my daughters cause we respect each other and know we are genuinely good people

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Personally, I think the Dems are crazy. It's up to them if they want to unite the nation, they are the ones that are going bonkers and persecuting Trump supporters. We are doing nothing to them, except calling out their hypocrisy and laughing at them while enjoying the Trump presidency.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I think this conversation relates to the entire world as much as it does to just the US. Name a place where division and a refusal to compromise are not an issue. The entire world is fractured.

You are right there. This is global. There is actually an academic term for the cultural nature of the world today. "Superdiversity".

"Superdiversity" is cultural diversity inside diversity, like an onion. In the past, we had a dominant culture that was easily recognisable, with some fringe groups. Now, that is not so clear cut. When they say cultural diversity, it does not just mean "American"" Mexican", Chinese etc, it means subcultures on top of subcultures weaved in with subcultures. By subcultures, they don't mean ethnicity, a white American could belong to multiple different subcultures depending on the situation. It is fast reaching a point where there are so many subcultures, a single dominant mainstream culture is almost non-existent.

These subcultures are not geographic anymore either, vastly different cultures can exist simultaneously side by side today. This is intensified by globalisation and the Internet. The movement of people, the movement of ideas, the globalisation of all things. The internet is a massive part of "superdiversity". This is especially the case with the diversity of ideas and the subcultures that come with that.

The big issue here is democracy. Democracy is suppose to represent the views of the mainstream. But what if there is no longer a mainstream, how do you represent such diversity politically?

The solution, maybe we need to accept that there just is no such thing as a mainstream culture anymore. Your neighbours may have vastly different ideas about things than you and you just need to respect their opinion? I don't know what the answer is but killing each other over differences in opinion is certainly not it.

edit on 27-9-2019 by harold223 because: grammer

edit on 27-9-2019 by harold223 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
A very wise mod made a comment in another thread about looking for an actual "uniter" and not more dividers.

My premise is that back in the olden days, we had two parties that had different ideas on how to get to the same destination.

Now?

We have a population that doesn't even want the same destination.

So how do you unite?

We all hear, "We need uniters, not dividers"! All the current dem contenders say that they are uniters!

HOW???

Usually you unite by compromise. But who wants to compromise on the Bill of Rights? Or who wants to compromise on higher taxes or UBI?

Have we reached a point where we cannot unite? Are we so different now, in uniting impossible?

I humbly ask the gentle readers on ATS. . . . . . .

First we need to realize that "party" is not as important as many of us make it out to be ... and more importantly realize that most of us don't fit into either of the two major parties as nicely as the Party's propaganda arms would like us to believe.

After that I think the rest of as all do want to make it to the same destination despite having different ideas on how to get there. Just like in the olden days. We just need to stop letting our political leader lead as around by the nose.

We can't compromise on the "bill of rights"? What makes us better then the men who wrote it? Cause they made a lot of compromises on it when they did.

And what is so sacred about the level of taxation? It is what the money is spent on that should be the focus of discussion and the level of taxation should match the product of that discussion. "Never raise taxes!" or "We must raise taxes!" are simply the two dimensional sound bites that the two major parties use to control us. Most of the issues that seem to be dividing us have been made to look just as two dimensional as that one by our favorite political parties.

What will a Uniter look like? Certainly not like any of the current Democratic Presidential candidates you are correct. But just because that party hasn't produced a Uniter doesn't mean that one can't exist. Believing so gives way to much credit to the Democrat Party; they fail to produce a lot of things that are possible.

I believe our next Uniter will be a person who will put country above party. They will be a party outsider and not an ideologue. They will be open minded about the many different ideologies that exist in this country and prove to them that they can both get along in mixed company while still staying true to their personal identity. They will do this by reaffirming America's love for rugged individuality at the expense of collectivism. They will find a way to frame the debates at their core level; mutual respect, personal health, clean environment, personal solvency, personal responsibility ... who doesn't want these things? Its when a collective starts to think that respect toward their members is paramount to all others that we start having a problem (same for all the other issues). Our next Uniter will remind us that in the morning we all put our socks on one foot at a time.

The real question will be whether or not we the people will be receptive to this Uniter; or will we be so steeped in our tribalism that we would rather see them eaten alive because they are not a member of our tribe and laugh when our political class and our news media do just that for their own gains?

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

You don't have to have compassion for people in order to leave them the eff alone though.

It's the easiest thing in the world to ignore your fellow man and pretend they don't exist and be callous about it.

No, the problem is that too many want more power and to control others.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Take a look at youtube, any video out there has some thumbs up, but you could put a video of a kitten playing with a puppy and it could have a million thumbs up, and at the least a quarter of that number in thumbs down? So why does that happen? Even on other social sites or networks, same thing happens, even ATS has those little stars at the top, and some people get more then others.

How do you unite a fractured nation? I think your talking about the US of A. Well, Donald Trump is doing as good a job as any. But you know, even Kennedy got plenty of thumbs down, its why he got shot, as you can see, its hard to get two people to agree on a favority color, much less other stuff.

But! In the past the way it was done was, well by the sword and mass indoctrination. Today we have more finesse I suppose in the way we go about those things. And I suppose if one wanted it could be achieved to a degree, but only by those means, as if you were truly united you would not need to be united, the whole concept is illogical, and you release the reigns a bit, or lift up the drapes a bit, and all that was kept hidden comes to the forefront.

As this Trump thing shows oh so clearly.

And even in that, it would not be worth all that work and effort at all, lets just say its a job that pays nothing for a whole hell of a lot of work, to say its not worth it, is an understatement. So ya its impossible, it would be like trying to unite water and oil, fire and ice, turn lead into gold. The best you can hope for is for everybody to be semi sensible, and cordial. And that may be as good as it gets, from now into eternity.

So. Meh! I would not say that this nation is a fractured nation, they merely have different opinions on things. People need to get used to it already.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Make more threads saying 'dems are the enemies' or the media are the enemy.

Spread more disinfo, project whatever moral highbrow you have unto others you disagree with.

Pick and choose at what to be outrage. Redefine a crime as a crime based on whom commits the crime, disregard the crime itself.

Swear by a 2 party system.

Vote for a particular party 100% of the time; even when said party is wrong on a subject, Show loyalty by reinforcing that its statistically possible for a party to always be right.

Ignore science, accept pseudo science.

Give everyone a voice, and make them think they are always right. Remove thumbs down or negative feedbacks to all online comments

Make guns the absolute.

Litter the laws of the land with technicalities and loopholes thus making the laws as malleable as possible (in the name of freedom)

And always always blame someone else. Never ever ever take accountability.

You're on your way to greatness.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Create an outside enemy.
Declare war on Hawaii!

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Space Aliens.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join