It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you Unite a fractured nation?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

No. There are groups marching toward a much more controlled economy, especially when you start talking about single payer health care, for example. That's talking about taking over a very large chunk of the economy and more or less putting the government in complete charge of it sort of like they run the school system now.

I am sympathetic to people who think they want this, but they have zero tolerance for those of us who don't. In order for them to have what they want, we all have to go in on their system. You cannot have a free market system alongside a command economy system. The amount of government interference already in the health care market already causes quite a bit of skewing out of favor of those of us not in a government controlled system as it is, but we can see those in government controlled systems have their own issues and problems (VA for example) that make me suspicious that a total government system will be any better than what we have and quite possibly worse.

And for every government controlled system they implement, there is no freedom except for those who are wealthy enough to both pay for what they want and then pay for their own freedom. And if you can manage that, they hate you for it.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
How do we unite, when everyone at the top — wants us divided.

I’m never in the mud pit. So take this from someone who doesn’t take sides.

That does seem like their plan of action, maybe it has always been the strategy. With the perfection and results of NEA teaching our kids, they are now ripe and fertile for the harvesting.

I don't think we will ever reunite as a populace, that is not in their game plan. So then what? Can this problem even be tackled at the source? I mean if our government/tptb wanted us united, they could accomplish the feat within 1 year. Can it be argued that we are not merely sheep being led where they want us?

Look at all of the SJW/PC issues. Those ideals are held by the minority, a small minority but championed by tptb and broadcast far and wide as if the majority were in agreement. Can the government be redirected or reformed by the sheep? Just imagine if all presidents for the last 30+ years were selected for us, that should be the main starting point when considering how to reform and unite.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't believe it's possible to unite people that want different goals.
So yeah, it's impossible in my opinion.

How do we unite - well basically the same way we ended up with different goals.

The media, and the education system has to start brainwashing people with American values instead of communist authoritarian values.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Actually here lately, both sides have "zero tolerance" for the views of the other. There is no attempt anymore to find common ground. The go to reaction is to close our ears to each others idea's.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I identify as libertarian. I feel conservatives have compromised to a degree. The left has moved far left. There seems to be no compromise with them. If I disagree with anything they believe I might as well be a skinhead. At least that's how I feel they view me. I'm sick of their crap. These people honestly seem brainwashed to me. Maybe they need to be brainwashed to believe something else.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Yeah, I know.

But it got that way when it become obvious no one was walking back our way. We were traveling to them or nothing was happening.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

How does one compromise on the Bill of Rights?

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The United States is not a broken nation. The news media has turned against the American people and when that happens ( actually it has happened) the nation (any nation) will fall from within.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
So the first step is acknowledging that we will need to reform ourselves and it will begin by reforming what our children are being taught and how they are learning. 10-25 years of hard labor with no results. The results will not show up until the new batch gets into adulthood, if we understand how to raise independent, critically thought laden children that think for themselves anymore.

I still think that as long as we believe politics are real, nothing will change for the better, it will only continue to spiral further downward with the cries of 'right' and 'left' becoming more vicious.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I think this conversation relates to the entire world as much as it does to just the US. Name a place where division and a refusal to compromise are not an issue. The entire world is fractured.

Entire world? or just those countries fighting off globalism?

Hong Kong is a snapshot of what I'm referring to when I say globalism because that is a fight against true global oppression and tyranny.

Japan seems fine, I was there not long ago.
Indonesia seems fine, I was there not long ago.
Malaysia seems fine, I was there not long ago.

Maybe its because those 3 countries have refused to allow extremist leftist ideologies to permeate into their cultures and politics.

There is a pattern here you know. If you avoid the elephant in the room to maintain the political correctness, then the extremist lefts will win. If you discuss the elephant, you are a Nazi, and an intolerant one at that.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Someone mentioned we think we've evolved as a society because we have such great technology when we really haven't.

I think to an extent that's a truth too. I see a lot of hubris in claims we can control society, control the entire economy, that we are so much more evolved that we can change our genders at will, that we can control all of nature if we desire, etc.

We are basically acting like the freaking Victorians are the height of the British Empire. We are so snobbish in our technocratic belief we are masters of the universe because ... science and technology! Not so different from them. They boiled themselves alive in gas powered bathtubs, and we're killing our children by feeding them puberty blockers because we know better than nature what gender they should be, etc.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Someone mentioned we think we've evolved as a society because we have such great technology when we really haven't.

I think to an extent that's a truth too. I see a lot of hubris in claims we can control society, control the entire economy, that we are so much more evolved that we can change our genders at will, that we can control all of nature if we desire, etc.

We are basically acting like the freaking Victorians are the height of the British Empire. We are so snobbish in our technocratic belief we are masters of the universe because ... science and technology! Not so different from them. They boiled themselves alive in gas powered bathtubs, and we're killing our children by feeding them puberty blockers because we know better than nature what gender they should be, etc.

Not sure where you are coming from, but it would be nice if you started a thread on your comment.
I say this because in this country, on TV, being queer is hip and this is on prime time when children and adults are watching.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So how do you unite?

Easy.... it's not people that unite others its:

#1 War
#2 Aliens
#3 attacks on homeland

Those things unite people very quickly

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
The United States is not a broken nation. The news media has turned against the American people and when that happens ( actually it has happened) the nation (any nation) will fall from within.

This changed after Watergate.

The news stopped being about relaying information about events to changing the world.

And only a fool misses the obvious implications of changing the world which can quickly become shaping it to suit your preferred agenda with enough time and patience and funding.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
How do we unite when half the country wants to eliminate the Constitution and the Bill of Rights? There is no compromise on those...zero.

I would be willing to talk stuff like UBI, health care reform etc, but not if it raises taxes which are already too damn high. I think abortion is wrong, but if we can get rid of late term abortions then the Libertarian in me says do what you must.

Also, I am all for a cleaner environment, but not if we are forced to negotiate from a man-made climate change being settled science perspective and classifying common and beneficial gasses like CO2 a pollutant.

There are too many non-negotiable and right now Dims aren’t negotiating anything. Open borders is NOT an option.

What do we do?
edit on 2019/9/27 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

That's because some lobbies are very powerful and wanted representation in entertainment.

I am not opposed to seeing characters of varied backgrounds in entertainment, but all of a sudden, you had a, for lack of a more PC alternative in my vocab, token gay in almost every program. They discovered after this that many people started thinking the percentage of homosexuals in the general population was as high as 25% even though it had never changed or gotten above 5% (generous estimate), but it was very helpful in promoting the idea of gay marriage to have people think there were that many homosexuals in society.

What we see skews or perceptions of reality.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Sorry to keep hammering this point of view, but I think we start with politics. We realize these people are actors. Actors will whore themselves out for money and notoriety. There are very very few actors that hold true to values and that will turn down roles/money for their morals. Why do we put politicians on a pedestal? Why do we still think they are actually there for us. Maybe it just appeared that way in the past, because the populace weren't as stupid and the actors had to hold a lot closer to a perceived set of normal values. Now they are just going hog wild.

biden? You people are surprised? You think something unique or original has been discovered and it is not simple human nature? You think this person is special in some manner or is it just what the main stream is telling you? They are pretty much all like that, especially the ones that have been in there for a while, on both sides of the isle.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No. There are groups marching toward a much more controlled economy, especially when you start talking about single payer health care, for example. That's talking about taking over a very large chunk of the economy and more or less putting the government in complete charge of it sort of like they run the school system now.

I am sympathetic to people who think they want this, but they have zero tolerance for those of us who don't. In order for them to have what they want, we all have to go in on their system. You cannot have a free market system alongside a command economy system. The amount of government interference already in the health care market already causes quite a bit of skewing out of favor of those of us not in a government controlled system as it is, but we can see those in government controlled systems have their own issues and problems (VA for example) that make me suspicious that a total government system will be any better than what we have and quite possibly worse.

And for every government controlled system they implement, there is no freedom except for those who are wealthy enough to both pay for what they want and then pay for their own freedom. And if you can manage that, they hate you for it.

We have national health insurance here in Japan. Everyone joins without bitching, why, if they don't they have to pay cash up front for treatment and that includes emergency treatments also.
The catch behind all this that, it catches criminals on the run here when they seek medical treatment. All cash patients are immediately reported to the police whether they use a dentist or emergency room. Cool system actually. I think this is the reason those in power do not want a system like we have here in this country.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere
You mean the deep state? That’s coming soon.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I see a problem with that -- namely the presumption of guilt based on paying cash. If the nation you live in is supposed to operate on an innocent until proven guilty system, then this sort of behavior could not take place in the US simply because one paid cash for a medical service.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join