It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you Unite a fractured nation?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Which nation ?

Britain and The U.S. are both on dangerous ground.

What i witnessed in the Westminster Parliament on Wednesday convinced me there is anarchy in the making.

I am very worried.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Another idea - and this is a good one, and a tried-and-proven concept.....is that every gender of voting age is required to undertake military training and enlistment for a period of 3 years minimum.

Bring back conscription, bring back social discipline - there is an entire generation out there that has never had a boot up the ass or clip around the ear - now they're a squad in your congress.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Bring back conscription, bring back social discipline - there is an entire generation out there that has never had a boot up the ass or clip around the ear - now they're a squad in your congress.

You mean like captain bone spurs?
edit on 27-9-2019 by XCrycek because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I understand why. I just envision a civil world where such a thing is not necessary.

On the other, isn't it just reality that we deserve what we get and get what we deserve? We the People in a sense create our own reality and our leaders are just a reflection of us.

We talk about the need for change in our leaders and you know I do that myself. Perhaps we are looking in all the wrong places instead of looking inward at ourselves.

This topic has really got me to look inward and realize we really do deserve what we have now.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

just like how the anti-brexiters have made the current state of London and other areas that used to be referred to as the UK.

You mean every major city including the entire Country of Scotland want to remain.
There's only a few headbanger cities that voted leave, the other places just show how easy gaslighting is.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Here's the point where I get partisan.

When I envision being "united" I envision a simple set of rules that we, in society, can all live under. We can think differently, believe differently, even worship deities differently. But we're united by the acceptance of those simple set of rules.

When I see the left cry for unity, I see them wanting us to think the same, speak the same, believe the same, act the same, as everyone else.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I often have to remind people that humans are a vile, cruel, nasty species with the potential for so much more.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I agree with you, but what DB said is also valid. There are factions now that don't want to end up at the same point.

It used to be that we pretty much and simply disagreed over how best to get there. Now we have two factions who are marching toward different outcomes and more or less diametrically opposed visions of what this country and her government ought to be and mean to her people.

I'm not sure how you unite over that even if you are civil and respectful with each other about it.

John and Joe can discuss how one wants to end up in New York and the other wants to be in Los Angeles all they want, but at the end of the day, one will either be disappointed or neither ends up together.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I kind of miss having discussions where disagreement can be done both respectfully and productively, while also having some fun at each others expense.

I have a theory that the fall of the Troll, usurped and redefined into "trolling" (which is really just harrassment, mindless insults, doxxing, and threats), was one of the major precursors to discourse becoming what it has today. I know that sounds a bit silly.

I think we can do it, at least here on ATS. We can start threads discussing actual ideas, maybe even "training threads" where we can learn how to balance having some fun while having meaningful discussion.

I miss good-natured ribbing.. Now, there is all too often a vicious and even violent undertone.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Let someone attack us.

We will come together quick.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Let someone attack us.

Some might say (on many sides) that we already are, from the inside.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Let someone attack us.

That thought had actually came across my mind, but what nation is dumb enough to warrant the full capacity of the American Military arsenal upon them?

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

When I see the left cry for unity, I see them wanting us to think the same, speak the same, believe the same, act the same, as everyone else.

Your (countries) problem is a very small select group of elites who control your media, your social media statistics (research pewdiepie global statistics versus US statistics), your democrat party and whose head is Soros - the propaganda agenda is to get every American thinking the truth is a lie and lies are truth.

Remember my thread from a few years back - "We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false" - ex CIA Director William Casey.

Don't take the bait mate, do more research into hedge funds and Hillary / Sorors ties.

Have you heard the latest? The bitch is making a comeback next week on your TV's - I sh!t you not!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

We used to do a thing when I was in late grade and junior high called creative problem solving. It was a group exercise and there was even a state competition in it for a time.

Every team got the same problem to solve, and the group spent the first stage brainstorming all the different possible solutions they could come up with. Nothing was too silly or out of bounds for any reason. Everything could and should be tossed on the table for consideration.

The second step was to consider the most important consideration for implementing the solution: things like cost and logistics and other similar factors that might make an otherwise great solution unworkable or a seemingly sub-par solution actually the best candidate are listed here and the group chooses the five or six most important ones.

Then the group goes back to their solutions and they pull out the best. A limit is generally set for the number that are pulled, but less than 10 is best.

Then the group discusses how each one rates for each criteria and they're ranked 1-6 (or whatever). The best solution in the end might not be everyone's favorite, but it ends up satisfying all of the criteria the best.

It would be an interesting thing to attempt, but I don't know if it would work on a discussion forum.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I've seen and read the rumors that she will run again.

Talk about a fractured nation!

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

edit on 27-9-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's not as much unite as learn to respect each others space in this world.

Where we always seem to get in trouble relates to the same things over and over again. Compromise involves understanding that nobody gets all of what they want.

The main points that divide us have not changed since the 60s. Not in any meaningful way. Every one of us dig our heels in over some issues, unwilling to discuss ways we can compromise. Maybe not on all things, but if we did learn to compromise, it would be much, much better.

I fully get that there are things like guns and abortion where it becomes a matter of our perception of morality. That does not mean we can't find ways to work around those issues without the need to hate each other.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I think this conversation relates to the entire world as much as it does to just the US. Name a place where division and a refusal to compromise are not an issue. The entire world is fractured.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Clearly he, and you, missed the memo - here, I'll do a quick summary:

Dear Everyone,

Henceforth and effective immediately, everybody on planet earth is a Nazi - no exceptions - except for the fascists controlling everything your 5 senses detect - they are your global saviors.

I repeat - you, reading this memo, are a Nazi.

Yours Sincerely
The people who have your best interests at heart.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

He never uses the word Nazi once.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join