It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you Unite a fractured nation?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

As was just pointed out, when anyone on Staff posts in a thread as a member it's our opinions not those of anyone else or the official opinion of ATS. Want to know what we think, read our posts. We are in fact members just like you are, who happen to volunteer our time here. We are first and foremost just members.

If you have a question about someones thoughts other than my own, don't ask me. Seems to me you're just carpet pissing for attention. Like the guest who shows up for dinner unannounced, sits down to eat a free meal and then complains about the food not being what they want.

As was so wisely just stated by TheRedneck, "Freedom of speech is freedom to disagree. If there is no freedom to disagree, there is no freedom of speech."

If I wanted an echo chamber where everyone just pats themselves on the back for being righter than everyone else, I'd not expect to find that here. In fact I'd hate a place like that where no learning ever happens and no dissenting opinions are ever shared. Low IQ clusters of sheep, blindly following the leader. Echo chambers are where minds go to retire and play Canasta all day.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
To answer the OP;

- term limits on Congress.

Do that and you cut the head off the snake.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Maybe I misread but -

How do the 3 amigos and the rest of the mods feel about ATS becoming a large contributor to the "fractured nation" as Bez so eloquently put it?

Seems as though your motive was otherwise. Perhaps just a bad choice of words?

Either way I would love to hear your opinions on the real topic here. It's been a very interesting conversation and very civil. Join in.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: PilSungMtnMan
To answer the OP;

- term limits on Congress.

Do that and you cut the head off the snake.

It's a nice thought, really.

But it's like expecting congress to vote themselves a pay cut and just to use the VA for medical issues.

They will never vote themselves less power.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

There is only one way to expect term limits on Congress to happen, and that is via Constitutional Convention called by the states. The Constitution can be amended in direct opposition to all in Congress if the states choose to do so.

I do agree, though... I don't see it happening.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Then what, may I ask, is your suggestion? What would you do?

I am not trying to jump on you, just pointing out the consequences of what you ask. If you know of another way to unite, please tell us.

TheRedneck

Actually I agree with you when you said...

Perhaps in another time we will learn respect for others. Perhaps we will learn to live together in true peace and tranquility. Perhaps, but this experiment has failed. The ship is sinking; the lifeboats are gone; the band plays on.

Perhaps we do need another civil war, a great biblical cleansing blood ritual and as I read the threads, I seems to be a popular notion in this very thread & "the band plays on" or maybe the music's over.

A failed experiment as you said, no one wants unity...I just don't care anymore and you seem almost as cynical as I am.

edit on 29-9-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I personally don't think its needed just inevitable. Whats the common goal? For society whats the fundamental idea? Used to be religion and when that fell out of favor we still had the constitution and the bill of rights. Were talking about re-writing society structure. Who's blue print we using? The UN’s? The US’s? Whats the commonality in society today? Currently that structure or any resemblance of a structure is failing wether want it to or not.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Ah, see, I was responding to the question concerning ATS. My point was, if we cannot mend society, how can we expect to mend one forum without excluding part of that unmended society? That seems to be the route Facebook and Twitter are moving toward. I pray ATS never moves in that direction, because if they do I will not be a part of it.

I do not think they ever will.

I will disagree that we need a civil war or blood cleansing. I abhor the very thought of those. But perhaps it is inevitable as you suggest and as I have come to believe. The reality will be much, much worse than I think people expect it to be.

Serfdom or war... what a choice.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Either way I would love to hear your opinions on the real topic here. It's been a very interesting conversation and very civil. Join in.

Join in? I've been participating in this thread since the beginning.

Is it possible that's part of the problem? People don't even read the other posts, they just jump to conclusions about what might have been said and go immediately in attack mode.

edit on 29-9-2019 by olaru12 because: brenda ??

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I can't buy into the nihilistic view that the end is nigh, that civil war is inevitable. We have been here before in fact. Reality is that the 60s and the early 70s were just as bad if not worse and I think worse.

You want to get unstuck you have to spin that tire, spray a little mud and dig down to the bedrock to get unstuck. We are far past the time when an actual civil war would break out.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I've read the posts and worded that badly. Lets move on.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Honestly; the media paints this picture of fracture. Not sure it’s grassroots.

I’d bet there’s more of “both parties and media are a hot mess” than “my side right. Your side wrong.”

The people (us/we) have lives to live. Families to care for. Jobs to do. Fun to have. The politics of it is a distraction that THEY profit from. Not the People.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
I've read the posts and worded that badly. Lets move on.

Good idea!! What is your plan to bring the fractured nation and ATS back to where we can have a a reasonably civil discourse.

It's been made clear to me as "people like you" that I'm powerless and my opinion is worthless by many members... You're a super moderator, that's got to count for something.
edit on 29-9-2019 by olaru12 because: semi colon time....

edit on 29-9-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Do you folks remember Aquino coming on here and talking about the MindWar?

New face of conflict and all that..

I do think there is a lot going on, from the "occult" to massive corruption, but Im not so sure it will result in actual war. Even so, its hard to tell, since I believe it has all gained a momentum all its own. Not good.

Sometimes I do think there are two options facing us with this level of technology: embrace our warlike nature to the absolute utmost extent, or redefine some of the cultural and social tenets that have existed since the Neolithic Revolution.

I know Id prefer the latter, but then.. I would.. I even believe I have some of the alternative tenets, but actually getting them into the Cultural Story requires so many aspects that it seems impossible.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I do think there is a lot going on, from the "occult" to massive corruption, but Im not so sure it will result in actual war. Even so, its hard to tell, since I believe it has all gained a momentum all its own. Not good.

Copy that, not good at all.

I too think the "occult" idea is tenable... the red heifer has been sacrificed. Will it bring us together or usher in You know what?

www.breakingisraelnews.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I don't know what part of I'm posting as a member, not a mod escapes you and frankly you are not the topic.

You said -

Perhaps a civil war is the answer. Let the inner cities burn and start over from scratch. A great cleansing of the population. Destroy the infrastructure and let chaos and anarchy have it's day. If this is what you want for your children, so be it....

How about my plan is let's not have a civil war and lets not let the inner cities burn just because a tiny percentage of the country needs their meds increased.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I think you would be amazed as to whom advocates for which members when quorums arise over questioning if actions are needed on a possible T&C infraction.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Well, if there is one, I know who wins.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: PilSungMtnMan

Not necessarily.

If I were envision a second civil war, China would come to the aid of the leftists, take Taiwan, install Puppet Americans in place and we'd end up as just another province of China, which would probably please a large amount of people, sadly.

Just my humble and hopefully way off opinion.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: PilSungMtnMan

I think you misunderstand what I am referring to when I say a civil war. I'm not talking about two groups lining up across from each other on a battlefield and shooting it out. It'll be fought with guerilla tactics. Let me give you a scenario that I feel certain will play out several times should a civil war break out:

You're sitting at home after a hard days work watching TV. You've seen the news; the latest war lines are now over St. Louis, but hey, you're in Witchita. The kids are in their bedrooms playing video games. Your wife is sitting beside you. Everything is peaceful and serene.

Suddenly you hear a gunshot. At first, you don't realize it's a gunshot. Then another, then several more, getting closer. Now you know you're listening to gunfire. You jump up and head to the bedroom, yelling for your kids to get down. As soon as you open the door, there is a hail of bullets that come through the wall, splintering wood all around you. You recoil from the blasts, then press forward to make sure your kids are OK. They're not. They're dead, one still holding the controller. You look around at your wife and she is crying hysterically. About then you realize there's something warm running down your side. You've been fatally shot as well. Your wife is bleeding too, but not fatally. You try to tell her you'll be OK, but your mouth won't work. Then your vision fades...

It's never discovered, of course, but the bullets that tore through your kids' bedroom wall came from those you identify with, firing at those you identify against. They were protecting your neighborhood, but your house just happened to be in the way.

That is what we are moving toward. There will be no winner, only a victor that lost less than the other side. A war of attrition, not of soldiers, but of people.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join