It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking about Blackholes.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Ok I was Thinking about Black holes. How they say they only warp time but they can suck in light.
If they suck in light are they not sucking in time as well as time is light? Or does time and light just flow around it. I am assuming that light and time are one and the same sort of.
If you can point me in the right direction to understand how it only warps time and sucks in light I would appreciate it. Sorry this thought is way above my understanding but it is bugging me. If I put this in the wrong place or it is just plain stupid please remove. 😄

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSkunk

My own brain can not help you with this, but I myself read little snippets here and there on the web which i have bookmrked

The Physics Of Black Holes, Explained For Non-Scientists

A black hole has more mass and a far smaller radius (presumed to be a point source), so its gravitational field when you get close to it is really extreme. Extreme enough so that not even light—which has the greatest speed possible in the universe—can escape, as we saw at the beginning.

Gravitational singularity

Hopefully the great minds of ATS will help, there is a wealth of inteligence on ATS just gotta shift thru the mudpit to get to it

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
What is time?
No matter.
What is matter?
Never mind.
Our universe is the interior of a black hole.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSkunk
Ok I was Thinking about Black holes. How they say they only warp time but they can suck in light.
If they suck in light are they not sucking in time as well as time is light? Or does time and light just flow around it. I am assuming that light and time are one and the same sort of.
If you can point me in the right direction to understand how it only warps time and sucks in light I would appreciate it. Sorry this thought is way above my understanding but it is bugging me. If I put this in the wrong place or it is just plain stupid please remove. 😄

Light is a particle, a photon, that can be influenced. Time is part of space/time and not a particle or a wave, but can get warped around immensely massive objects. It does not actually flow around the object, as a fluid that I'm guessing you are imagining, it is simply drawn inward along with the space, equally along all axes. This would appear as time slowing down, the same way it speeds up as we get farther away from Earth's gravity.

I have to run but this link may get you started:

However black holes are even stranger than that. As you get closer to a black hole, the flow of time slows down, compared to flow of time far from the hole. (According to Einstein's theory, any massive body, including the Earth, produces this effect. Earth's gravity is so weak that the slowing of time is not noticeable, but the effect has been confirmed using sensitive instruments. For example, at sea level you age one-billionth of a second less every year than you would if you lived on top of Mt. Everest.) Near a black hole, the slowing of time is extreme. From the viewpoint of an observer outside the black hole, time stops. For example, an object falling into the hole would appear frozen in time at the edge of the hole.

Harvard

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

As I understand it time is a part of space , the Black Hole warps space and time.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Another link i forgot

BBC Blackholes

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I don't believe this time BS.

Time is equal everywhere because there is no time to begin with.

We made up time to explain why things move forward.

P.S. Only way to prove time exists is to go back in time.
edit on 27-9-2019 by ZeroFurrbone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone
I don't believe this time BS.

Time is equal everywhere because there is no time to begin with.

We made up time to explain why things move forward.

P.S. Only way to prove time exists is to go back in time.

Yeah, time gets all weird when you get old, it seems like it is flying into a black hole or something.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Think of space like a trampoline.

Put a bowling Ball onto a trampoline, the fabric will warp, like space. However if you put a wrecking Ball on the trampoline, it will stretch the fabric to breaking point.

It's All about mass, the heavier something is, the greater the gravity, astronauts age slightly slower than us, because they are further away from the centre of gravity.

Just remember, a wrecking Ball on a trampoline is what Black holes do to space and time.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I know i'll get a bunch of crap from people for posting this again.

But since science's job is to disprove theories, I'm going to post it again because the electric universe theory is still making discoveries that lend evidence to suggest the mainstream theories are completely wrong.

Black holes are not what we are told they are by NASA and the mainstream scientists.

This series is called the Primer Fields and is by David La Pointe. I really recommend watching all 3 parts even if you don't believe anything they are saying.

here's more info about the electric universe if anyone is interested.

edit on 27-9-2019 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Think of space like a trampoline.

Put a bowling Ball onto a trampoline, the fabric will warp, like space. However if you put a wrecking Ball on the trampoline, it will stretch the fabric to breaking point.

It's All about mass, the heavier something is, the greater the gravity, astronauts age slightly slower than us, because they are further away from the centre of gravity.

Just remember, a wrecking Ball on a trampoline is what Black holes do to space and time.[/quote

And the Trampoline is inside an Alice Universe that is doing naughty things with a Klein Bottle

edit on 27-9-2019 by solve because: (no reason given)

Why am i trapped inside this gray boxy thing...
edit on 27-9-2019 by solve because: Trapped in a box

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

You are correct. The time that is sucked into a black hole is then release back out in the form of white time. White time occurs when you are anxious to be somewhere else. White time occurs most frequently in places of work or around 14:00 in schools. It's a really strange phenomena where time practically stops. The greater the amount of anxiety over the speed of the time the more white time is pulled back out of the black hole. And then once the person leaves the white time field a really strange rubber band effect occurs where as the anxiety is lifted the person is synched back with regular time. Sometimes there is a reversal of white time effect where time goes faster as time is folded into the dark energy being used to expand the acceleration of the Universe.

edit on 27-9-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

No.

Time runs slower the deeper one is within a gravity well.

But one's relative velocity also affects the flow of time so, while gravitational effects would cause astronauts to age faster than those on the surface of the planet, since their relative velocity is greater the net result is that time moves a bit slower for them.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Here is a nice visualisation of curved spacetime:

General relativity time and space distortion

The distorted grid shows the space distortion. The color and the clocks show the time dilation (for an external observer).

The time dilation is an important component which a lot of illustrations miss.

For a black hole there is a radius where time dilation becomes infinite. The clocks stop. This means anything that would want to leave this radius would take an infinite amount of time (for an external observer).

edit on 27-9-2019 by moebius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Time runs slower the deeper one is within a gravity well.

There is no Universal wall clock in which matter in the Universe conforms. Every bend of energy creates its own time field independent of every other. When thoughts occur in the mind the energy that is bent creates a new future space-time reality to which the future arrives at which is called imagination. Essentially all our thoughts are a form of time travel.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join