It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trueman Has Osgood-Schlatter Disease

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Yep, doctor just called me and gave the bad news. I've been under painkillers since yesterday and not working (taking sick days).

ATS is full of old farts like me, maybe some of you are dealing with similar situation. Any homemade tricks/recipes/experiences ?

I'm also searching for a good knee brace, not sure which one is best.

It sucks to see summer ending and not being able to go metal detecting.

Of course I'm following doctor's instructions.

Thanks to all replies my friends.
edit on 27-9-2019 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Bone spurs can suck.

R.I.C.E and some anti inflammatory and a wrap will help.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I’ve been suffering with a bad case of sciatica for about 8 weeks. To begin with the pain was unbearable. I can’t take the anti inflammatory’s any more and the MRI showed nothing. PT helps sum, but at night, when it’s quite, the pain is like a demon. A strong alcohol based tincture of cannabis oil helps me sleep. Good luck buddy.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Booze.
Lots of it.
This is my advice as your physician.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Swimming and ibuprophen.

Good luck!

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

That's a bummer. I empathize. I had it as a teenager back in the '70s.

You might try going to a good chiropractor for treatment. That's what my parents did for me, and while my knee is definitely not 100% today, I'm in much better shape than others I know who had their knees drained as kids and then needed knee replacements later in life. That was standard treatment then, but I really don't know what it is now.

Good luck and I hope you can get it taken care of quick and easy. (And get rid of that pain!)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Fancy name for bad knees. I learned a while back that I cannot sit on my feet when kneeling, it causes problems in my knees, the kneecap gets loose too and the tendons get all inflamed. Digging around with metal detecting can make you kneel like that I found. I have always done that, I always had sore knees too. But now that I am older, the pain and problem is a lot worse because I am not as flexible anymore and it takes a long time to heal. But I am used to doing that, I just did it today changing the diaper on the great grandaughter who is at our house while the granddaughter and her hubby are working. I will never learn. You do something for fifty years and it is hard to break the habit.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
wrong diagnosis
edit on 27-9-2019 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I heard they can go in the kneecap and drill away the stuff. I had growing pains in my knees a long time so I can relate a bit. The doctor mumbled exactly that term but said it will go away maybe. You may want to look at stretching your legs careful, so your muscle bands to not compress the knee that much.

I got a stinky cream to apply, it had painkillers and I think something against inflamation. I was told to avoid stop and go moves, like inline skating or bicycle.

Maybe this helps you a bit.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

My cousin developed this disease as a teenager and had both of his legs in casts for six months.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
Any homemade tricks/recipes/experiences ?

Topical DMSO for the pain...

Either a good cream or a good roll-on

Two things for long term cure/repair:

Magnesium Bi-Carb (google it, or PM me for a series of emails I keep for just this purpose)
and
Mega-doses of MSM orally - one teaspoon of pure MSM (www.msm-msm.com, get the pure OptiMSM) 3-5 times per day, put it in your mouth, sip a tiny bit of water and swish in your mouth for at least 5 minutes (or until it is fully dissolved).

Also, the use of rare earth supermagnets strategically placed will speed healing:

www.biomagscience.com - either the knee kit, or I'd recommend the full Wellness kit.

Good luck!
edit on 27-9-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl
Additionally to all that, I heard a phlebotomy can not hurt.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I’ve never heard of this disease before. Crazy enough, I have had this same bump in my knee for over 20 years. It hurts the worst when it’s hit.

I thought it was from a snowboarding injury I got one day. I was snowboarding on a sheet of ice (stupid). My board came out from under me, and my knee slammed onto the ice. Hurt like hell, and continued to hurt whenever bumped for years. I don’t feel it much anymore, but the bump is still There. It didn’t help that I installed floor covering for work at the time, as you spend your entire day on your knees.

Is the disease genetic? Or is it caused by impact (such as my case)?

Thank you for posting this Trueman. I’m sorry you’re dealing with this.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I was involved in a research study a while back (the 1990's) and DMSO can cause tumors.

just saying.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I'd give you a high five, but I can't lift my right arm.

You and I are a pair in joint trouble today. I salute you (left-armed) from the joint pain doghouse, my friend!

It will get better ... after lots of therapy and other unpleasant things.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

DB, I hate to break it to you, but you live on the Left Coast. *Life* gives you tumors out there.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleandra88
Additionally to all that, I heard a phlebotomy can not hurt.

Nah, but mega dose IV Vitamin C, IV H2O2, and IV ozone are all powerful treatments.

First thing I'd do for cancer is a series of mega dose Vit C IV treatments.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I was involved in a research study a while back (the 1990's) and DMSO can cause tumors.

just saying.

Ummm... no, pure DMSO is 100% safe.

I'd have to see the study to point out the problem with it.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Try mitrogyna speciosa, the red-vein variety for pain. Take a higher dose. It's magic.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Thank you all friends. I'll take in consideration all your comments and advices. ATS in my heart.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join