It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listen: Trump slams whistleblower at private event

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Of course they shouldn't be punished for speaking out. However, there is a double standard and since we Americans have short memories we forget and fail to protect the ones that deserve protection under the law. Does this individual meet requirements of a whistleblower ?

If reports are true he is an agent for the CIA and signs agreements to not release classified or sensitive information. Is Snowden now to be provided protected status as a whistleblower ? They are making one hell of a case for him to argue.

The scandal that resulted in the death of an American Border Patrol agent and an unknown number of others in Mexico involved whistleblowers who were not protected, not provided anonymity and were retaliated against but no one in the halls of Congress batted an eye.

Action against those 3 was taken, continues today but its not a concern. No one has taken retaliatory action yet in this case so its premature to discuss it as it had already taken place. Personally I feel this agent does not meet the requirements as a whistleblower but we shall see what happens

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Words are not actions. Could care less about off the cuff nonsense.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Of course they shouldn't be punished for speaking out. However, there is a double standard and since we Americans have short memories we forget and fail to protect the ones that deserve protection under the law. Does this individual meet requirements of a whistleblower ?

Yes. From what I've read the whistleblower followed proper procedure.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Spies do not get "Whistleblower" status.

This one did, because they changed the official whistleblower form that is used was changed at the last minute to actually allow second and third hand information. Because up until a month or two ago, it required (and rightly so) only first-hand information to qualify.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

It's the whistle-blower's fault Trump stuck his own foot down his own mouth.

When was that exactly? The transcript doesn't show anything, the whistleblowerlying-leaking-spy report doesn't show anything...

So, what, exactly, did he supposedly do wrong again?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

They no longer record phone calls after Nixon. That's why transcripts are made.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: burntheships
Spies do not get "Whistleblower" status.

This one did, because they changed the official whistleblower form that is used was changed at the last minute to actually allow second and third hand information. Because up until a month or two ago, it required (and rightly so) only first-hand information to qualify.

Apparently 2 days after it was submitted. Just dumb luck it changed 2 days later im guessing.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
yeah it does seem odd the form was changed, Who made that happen I wonder

looking at you 👀 Schiffy "I like kiddiez" bugeyes.

second hand info is now good but it's ok they will change

it back in Dec.....2024 (if they win)

we can use this to im🍑 the next Democrat President.

lets start now........

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

a reply to: JAY1980

It sure looks like quid pro quo type corruption. We need the actual audio from the phone call to be public so Trump's name will be cleared.

Do you actually believe that a single person believes a leftists demands in order to 'clear' a person are in any way genuine????
It doesn't matter whether Trump did anything wrong or not, you chaps have been screaching for his impeachment since BEFORE he bacame President.
Please don't insult us by pretending truth and facts are in any way important to you.

edit on 30/9/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
To be honest, i don't blame him. The IC has shown that its willing to do anything, including lie to a FISA court, to "get Trump".

If the track record for nonsense wasn't so well established, i could fault him. But at this point, any reasonable person sees the treason that has been committed in the last 3 years, the outright lying. All they are doing is spraying more teflon on the guy.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

It sure looks like quid pro quo type corruption.

Where? Quote the exact words that even show any quid, much less any pro-quo.

We need the actual audio from the phone call to be public so Trump's name will be cleared.

If you have been listening (obviously you haven't), there is no recording - unless the NSA is recording even these highly classified calls, which I admit is possible.

But, also obviously, if there was a recording, and it was bad for Trump, it would already be leaked by now.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Really I don't understand why Tump doesn't just keep his mouth shut with langue like this.

He just keeps digging his own metaphorical grave with soundbites like this.

Or said another way, he keeps solidifying his hold on his base, and expanding it to include other rational/sane people who believe traitors deserve to be executed.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: IAMTAT

More of this.
Why is it important to know who the whistleblower is?

Isn't is part of the program that this person remain anonymous?

Of course not, this would totally contrary to our legal concept of the Right to confront your accuser.

No one should be able to accuse anyone - much less a sitting President - of crimes anonymously. The mere idea is repugnant to our way of life.

If they need real protection of actual threats to life/limb as a result of their whistleblowing, then there is always the option of Witness Protection, but only after they testify under oath and are subject to full cross-examination by the accused.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: queenofswords

Ok.

Let's try this.

Which stories were fake?

Ok.

Let's try this.

Virtually all of them. They include just enough truth to keep their narrative from being exposed to those who are virtually incapable of thinking for themselves.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
From what I've read the whistleblower followed proper procedure.

Except trhey had to actually change the Form used to allow 2nd and 3rd hand information, until this one report, the form required only first hand knowledge - which is as it should be, because hearsay is inadmissable.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Well, as long as you forgive the second and third hand information, and the incorrect information included. We recently find that the form for a whistleblower to utilize when reporting potentially unlawful activity was altered, to now accepting second or third hand information as investigatable when the official form just last month stated that second hand information would not be investigated.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Apparently 2 days after it was submitted. Just dumb luck it changed 2 days later im guessing.

Hah! They didn't even have enough of a clue to do it beforehand.

Dumb luck? Well, one of those words fits at least.

I wonder if someone will be able to track down who ordered the change. My money is on Shifty-Eyed-Pencil-Neck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join