It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a Farmer, I have a new method that Demolishes the old usual Plan o Oxygenated Water Culture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Deep air injection by way of a watering tree standing vertically with a base that spits air from the bottom of a post hole. This beats drip irrigation and hydroponics.
I mean out in the fields where the discs have a hard pan of dirt they can't reach through.! It's a game changer for certain crops, just not the traditional corn or soybeans. Peppers and Tomatos...and the entire melon and pumpkin family, which includes all the squash, too. My son's tractor with the post hole attachment digs down to 4 feet in about 7 seconds, so that's neat to see...and the plumbing is tame and uses pvc and plastic we try to keep out of the sun with dirt. One needs water and air under pressure in the pipes, so you toggle between water and air being fed into the system with a simple manifold and auto gated central control station. The air pumps are cheap and last years. Rotary and quiet, they are just fun!

Gravity feed the water into the air pipe...only run power 4 minutes, then off for 40 minutes. The post hole gets a tree pipe 22 inches tall tossed in and then dirt with added organic matter of any kind added...roots love the altered structure soil.

Saves water...better than drip...the key is the oxygen down at root level spitting water just a little and the air escaping by rising up out of the post hole. Works in the Texas clay well. You will not see a faster growth rate in soil crops.

Bubbling the back pasture.....unbeatable looking leafs on those plants so lush, one drawback...

After two seasons, it's best to pull the plumbing and move to a new strip...punch new holes. Strip farming is the best way to keep bugs from taking over the whole field at once.....they run into a wall of different crops.

The quality of the produce beats hydroponics for flavor hugely, cantaloupes and watermelons benefit the most.

You ought to see the squash mounds....yep bubble farming...cheap on electricity with a 220 volt timer toggling

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Put a little Dyna Grow in the ph adjusted water with kelp extract solves Texas clay limitations...just a 5 acre farm pays well...grow " Mortgage Lifter " tomatoes only....man oh man....thin skin and when you slice em thin....they hold together. Prolific all the way to the markets ...ya know that flavor of the best homegrown tomatoes....these have that.....
edit on 27-9-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Got any picture?

Im in San Joaquin county. We have adobe here.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Sounds like you discovered aeroponics.
May be easier to oxygenate a resevoir so you are just injecting oxygenated water all the time.
It makes it easier to watch your nutes, ph, etc also.
Really efficient way to grow. You can really drop your water usage down.
Try experimenting with dish soap in crappy soil, it restores the nutrient uptake by flushing salts. 1-3 drops per gallon.
Many plants enjoy a 50/50 water to air ratio in the roots. Beyond that water amount they run into fungus and rot problems.
Cool discovery

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I have to preserve the water out in the field....but yes, I'm a bubbleponics subscriber...morphed it to go out into acreage,

I was looking at the bubbles in the tank...like deep water culture which won't give the flavor of organic soil. So I put a collander in a 5 gallon bucket to hold the soils and forced air aznd bubbles up through the durt....seeking organic soil flavor. a reply to: Mandroid7

Ads in the way...durt....he he

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Surprisingly you will get magnatudes better flavor using aeroponics than soil.
The trick is all in the nutrients you use. Chealated forms of all your nutes and micronutes can be balanced much, much easier than in soil.
It sounds countrproductive, but it is true. The downside is the cost of nutes on a scale the size of a field.
With nutes, you provide what it needs, with soil there can be almost anything in it. Plus you can't flush your residual nutes in the end, so fertilizers/nutes/salts will not remain in plants throwing off flavors.
Sounds like a fun project you have there.

edit on 9 by Mandroid7 because: Corr

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

But dont plants use carbon dioxide for photosynthesis? Would it not be more effective to dissolve CO2 into the water?

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Not being a smart arse

Copy and paste your question above into DuckDuckGo and you can learn a lot.

Certainly different to what I learned at school ... 45 years ago.

P

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I usually would have answered this instead of questioning it but i figured they may have some input and didnt want to affect their contribution. So long as you increase nitrogen and keep ph in check with a buffer then it will yield faster growth and output.

I recall when I was in high school they taught us about photosynthesis as process that reacted to sunlight, so i figure thats what you may be eluding to. I dont think they ever taught the calvin cycle in my high school biology class though.

top topics

join