It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First police force found to be ‘failing’ in all areas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

HM Inspectorate of Constabulary (HMICFRS) issued a damning report rating Cleveland Police “inadequate” and raising “serious concerns” about public safety and ethics.
Inspector Phil Gormley said he was “extremely concerned about the performance of Cleveland Police in keeping people safe and reducing crime”.
“The force doesn’t have an adequate understanding of what the public expects of its police service,”
Cleveland Police, which covers areas including Middlesbrough and Hartlepool, has been plagued by a series of scandals and seen six chief constables in as many years.

First police force found to be ‘failing’ in all areas

I live in the UK Cleveland police force area
The corruption has been evident for over 30 years
They couldn't keep their lost property office secure and put out tenders for private firms this was because their own officers where pinching so much from the central store!
This officer was found guilty of rape www.bbc.co.uk...
Hartlepool, within the force area has no police cover on a night www.dailymail.co.uk...
I will add more sad evidence of the total failure of UK Cleveland police soon
Just wanted to share this with other UK ATSers

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
He he can anything good come out of Cleveland?....kidding....what we say about our Cleveland over here in the West Atlantic.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: astra001uk

Tell you what done it.

Zero tolerance.

People hate Police now because they don't retard crime, they encourage it.

No trust, no come and go, bent Police from ones on the beat to the top of the pile.

Biggest gang and criminal enterprise on the streets of the UK if truth be told.

edit on 27-9-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Symptomatic of all UK police forces. Name me one that's any good.

It's not just because of recent budget cuts. They've been crap for years. People don't realize how crap they are until they have to rely on them.

It pains me to say it but perhaps it's time to privatize them.

It's like with the trains. People love to moan about how bad the service is but it's still a lot more efficient since it's been privatized. People don't remember how dire British Rail was.

I do.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
A lot of the people who look to a career in law enforcement are people who like to dominate others and like power. It attracts them like the catholic church attracts pedophiles as priests. I do not know how they can fix that, you need cops that are not afraid of putting their lives in danger when defending the public. I would not want cops coming to my house that hid from the robbers robbing my house.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
He he can anything good come out of Cleveland?....kidding....what we say about our Cleveland over here in the West Atlantic.

I don't know... Drew Carey made laugh a few times back in the day.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Saw the title and suspected it may be a UK police force , sad to see that suspicion was correct , I feel sorry for the officers trying to do the job in the face of obvious failing at the top level.

Hartlepool has only ten officers for a population of 90,000 people

Shocking.
Government must bear some responsibility for this more especially the Home Office , money wasted on the vastly over budget and totally inadequate new communications equipment instead of spending it where it matters , on the ground.

The South gets the jam the rest of us get to lick the empty jar.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Should it not be complete responsibility considering the Police are essentially in the government's employment?

Plus let's face it, it not just our Police forces that are failing in all areas, but a multitude of other public amenities and service.

Nevermind though, Boris has it covered, the Tories are opening 10 new community centers, so i expect the number of stabbings and serious crimes will pretty much diminish overnight.

edit on 2-10-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

My police service only has 1 cop for every 12,000 citizens, think of 8/12 hour shifts, holidays, sickness, admin work at the station etc, there are much less than that out fighting crime at any given time. Been ages since I last saw a cop 😱

edit on 2-10-2019 by DaisyRainbow because: Stupid typo 😂

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   

edit on 12/6/2019 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

top topics

join