It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So the border wall..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

No Mexico will pay , you have not been keeping up have you

In 30 years the new David Hasslehoff will be atop the wall as it is being fell, if it ever gets built that is

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Praise the Hoff, but being atop a 30ft steel barrier, rather than 100ft high concrete wall just ain't the same.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

It will probably be Justin Beiber......arghhhhhh, dam this bloody wall getting built
edit on 27-9-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

He should be part of it all the same.

Quite literally.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

This was seen as progress and that was 30 years ago,

Now progress is building them again, eveything is cyclical, what goes up must come down? in 30 years lets see what happens...providing it gets built of course

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: bluesilver

My son-in-laws cousin was deported three times and was back within a month each time.. He lives in California and was constantly getting in trouble with the law and spent time in jail quite a few times. My son-in-laws uncle was also deported, basically because of his cousin getting in trouble by hiding at his place I guess. It took his uncle six months to get back into the country, he visited relatives when he was down in Guatemala while he was on vacation. I guess it isn't that hard to get across the border the way it is, it is not just Coyotes that are hauling people to the border in vehicles.

If there was a wall, they may not have come back to California, they are not the kind of people who would start taking torches out and cutting up the wall or would risk getting caught trying to get through the wall.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: MisterSpock

Put it this way if will never span the entirety of the border.

Your nation will go bankrupt, nevermind run out of concrete and Steel first.

Some people have done the calculations and cost mate it's like near enough astronomical.

HAHAHAH!!!!!!
I live on Lake Michigan take a look on how many freighters of steel and concrete are moving around here to Chicago Detroit and points beyond. If it's needed in the south it'll get there on time and all thats needed.

Port of Duluth ships. Just one port. Alpena MI has been shipping concrete for 60 years and will be for another 60. Concrete and steel no problem.

harborlookout.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

No Mexico will pay , you have not been keeping up have you

In 30 years the new David Hasslehoff will be atop the wall as it is being fell, if it ever gets built that is

That would be cool but its totally different circumstances, lol.

Rise of communism, Stalin dividing a city in half lol...

but yeah fap fap fap fap

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Hell with 50,000 immigrants coming into the country each month carrying blow torches, ladders and shovels. I wanna open a Home Depot on the other side of the fence . ( tongue in cheek )

Like an earlier poster said it’s a deterrent .

The walls in Yuma, San Diego, Tulsa and El Paso all worked. Does anybody have statistics on how many ladders, shovels and blow torches they picked up ? Or the huge number of holes cut in the wall to support their claims on breaching ?

Not to mention that it’s not going to stretch 2000+ miles. There’s going to be gaps. Do you know how those gaps are referred to tactically ?

They’re called choke points .

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN

Pretty big deterrent since one would need to drag the torch and the tanks across the desert. I thought I saw somewhere that they are filled with concrete after installation but not sure. They do extend underground as well. The deterring factors of slowing individuals down enough for rapid response teams of border patrol agents to react is what deterrents are for.

Yes they are filled with a fast drying cement that is mostly crushed rocks. The steel rod s go down deep. Miss info about how deep to confuse any tunnel diggers. Sensors are classified info... Also , although this is already well known , the sensors work with drones with night vision .

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

the wall alone is a waste of money and resources, but the wall with adequate staffing and budget for the border patrol, and cameras and sensors makes an effective deterrent.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Sounds rather pricey nevermind dicie to me.

Would they not just be cheaper fixing Mexico?

Plus if this wall works so well, and is Policed so thoroughly, how are you going to get all those lovely drugs to the significant percentage of the population that is addicted to and crave so readily?

End up needing to plant your own pop'py and co'ca plantations if you dont want a revolution.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

No more than you represent Trump or his imaginary wall, barricade, thingamabob, i imagine.

The concern is wtf America, come back to reality soon, because the world needs you.

Leave the nonsensical right-wing madness wall construction alone and go back to building great big marvelous technological wonders that leave us all in awe.

Now that would indeed be a joy to behold instead of the mad Trump mince.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Yea no... we haven't done so well with nation building since Japan and Germany, also who do you send the money to the cartels, the Mexican govt, or the militias down south since they all have a different approach.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Aye, your war on drugs seems to be going about as well as the war on poverty.

Which is to say, all well and completely to plan if we are honest.

Put it this way think of the countless trillions of dollars that could be generated via taxes if they were to say simply legalize narcotics?

Nevermind the safety aspects that would also materialize via quality control, or the removal of the criminal element and profits that surrounds the use of such products, which go on to fund other far more serious heinous criminal activities?

I'm beginning to see it now, maybe you do need that wall after all, but not to keep people out.
edit on 27-9-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: MisterSpock

Put it this way if will never span the entirety of the border.
Your nation will go bankrupt, nevermind run out of concrete and Steel first.
Some people have done the calculations and cost mate it's like near enough astronomical.

England did you a back handed favor; what was intended as a prison became in time a natural deterrent to illegal immigration, an Island Continent.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Like i said our island is approximately 243,610 sq km and contains 66.04 million people.

Plenty of souls immigrated to the UK vethumanbeing over the span of recorded history and even invaded.

As to England doing us a favor, if you mean the invasion, occupation, and transportation of our people across the pond to colonize the Americas or Australia, then i think you may find they done you the same favor.
edit on 28-9-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

You should go watch the video of Trump visiting the newly built section of the wall. They say the steel is filled with concrete, good luck cutting through it with a blow torch. The concrete goes down for like 6 feet.

We need more than just a wall or fence. We should copy Mexico punishment for illegal immigration.

Under the Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony, punishable by up to two years in prison. Immigrants who are deported and attempt to re-enter can be imprisoned for 10 years. Visa violators can be sentenced to six-year terms. Mexicans who help illegal immigrants are considered criminals.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

My son-in-laws cousin was deported three times and was back within a month each time.. He lives in California and was constantly getting in trouble with the law and spent time in jail quite a few times. My son-in-laws uncle was also deported, basically because of his cousin getting in trouble by hiding at his place I guess. It took his uncle six months to get back into the country, he visited relatives when he was down in Guatemala while he was on vacation. I guess it isn't that hard to get across the border the way it is, it is not just Coyotes that are hauling people to the border in vehicles.

If there was a wall, they may not have come back to California, they are not the kind of people who would start taking torches out and cutting up the wall or would risk getting caught trying to get through the wall.

Interesting story, thank you for telling it. My thought would be that they won't need to get torches, there will be 'facilitators' who as part of costs, come and do it. Plus if they are able to cut it in a remote area, there is a chance that it wouldn't be detected for a while if you could remove/replace it back again. You don't need a huge gap, just enough to fit a person through it. It looks like it is secured at the top and bottom, so it might be possible to cut a small section out, probably only around 50cm for people to crawl through. If you can can take it out and put it back in again, it would be really hard to detect that.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007

You should go watch the video of Trump visiting the newly built section of the wall. They say the steel is filled with concrete, good luck cutting through it with a blow torch. The concrete goes down for like 6 feet.

We need more than just a wall or fence. We should copy Mexico punishment for illegal immigration.

Under the Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony, punishable by up to two years in prison. Immigrants who are deported and attempt to re-enter can be imprisoned for 10 years. Visa violators can be sentenced to six-year terms. Mexicans who help illegal immigrants are considered criminals.

That sounds good, but as I said previously, we put a man on the moon, so do you really think 1 bar is going to stop people who are determined? Because all you need to do is remove 1 bar, or even 1 piece of 1 bar. I'm pretty certain that if it were the other way around and you had people saying to Americans "we have built and wall and you're not coming in", you'd say "pfft, a wall...right...have you see our special forces. Heck, my uncle Larry could get through that by tying his truck to it" etc etc etc. And that is the point. Mexico will have people who are just as able as anyone to get through 1 bar. And with 2000 miles of fence it is going to be impossible to keep an eye on it all and then deploy people in time. And what if there are multiple attempts at the same time up and down that wall? Or what if you have people deliberately setting off the alarm system up and down the wall just to confuse it? That would buy you enough time and confusion to cut in a couple of places for later on if needs be. If you are an organised crime boss you'd just send 20 or 30 people to that wall every day and just start setting off alarms off all along it, you'd have to check 2000 miles of that thing every day, which you couldn't do.

To me, it's something that SOUNDS good. But in reality I don't think it's going to work, especially enough for the money it costs. It's is too easily beatable when you have determined and resourceful people and if you are trying to stop drug cartels and illegal immigrants, those are exactly the sort of people who are very determined and very resourceful. And backed by money, influence and talent. 1 bar of metal and a bit of concrete against all that... no. That's never going to work.
edit on 30-9-2019 by bluesilver because: no reason given

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join