It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman found with 357 in airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2002 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Police ready charges against armed passenger
August 26, 2002 Posted: 6:48 AM EDT (1048 GMT)

PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania (AP) -- Federal authorities say they will file charges "as soon as the magistrate signs a warrant" against a woman they allege carried a handgun on a flight from Atlanta, Georgia to Philadelphia.

Police apprehended the woman Sunday after security officials stopped her at Philadelphia International Airport on her way to a connecting flight. They found she was carrying a .357 Magnum handgun in her carry-on suitcase, Philadelphia police spokeswoman Officer Maria Ibrahim said.

The FBI, which is handling the case, took her into custody.

"We are going to file charges [Monday] ... as soon as a magistrate signs the warrant," FBI spokeswoman Linda Vizi said Sunday. She would not discuss the charges or disclose any other details.

The incident did not cause any delays or injuries, officials said.

"I understand there was a security incident," said US Airways spokesman John Bronson of Arlington, Virginia, who referred questions to local and federal authorities.

posted on Aug, 26 2002 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I don't know what's scarier, the woman with the gun,or the fact that screeners didn't find right away.

posted on Aug, 26 2002 @ 05:56 PM
link   
im speaking as somebody who has gone through hunter safety here. I would say the woman with the gun was scarier because she probably didnt know how to use it and could have ended up hurting even more people. people who have not gone through a safety class should not be able to buy guns. thats my idea

posted on Aug, 26 2002 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I think the scarier thing is the fact that even with the increased security things like this keep happening.

posted on Aug, 27 2002 @ 01:29 AM
link   
bit sexiest inspectah dont you think?

posted on Aug, 27 2002 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I would like to know what qualifications you need to work security at an airport.

[Edited on 01-08-2002 by nyeff]

posted on Aug, 27 2002 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I wouldn't tempt my wife, Inspectah, or you'll be inpectah-ing the newly-placed part in your hair.

Speaking as someone who has trained many women on handgun usage, I find that women are naturals with a handgun. Once you get them past their initial fear of them, they do very well. Remember that next time you come staggering in from the pub at 0200hrs after your wife warned you not to do it again!!

posted on Aug, 27 2002 @ 11:17 PM
link   
A prefrontal lobotomy?

Originally posted by nyeff
I would like to know what qualifications you need to work security at an airport.

[Edited on 01-08-2002 by nyeff]

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Most of the people who run Airport security do not speak english, they do not even care who does what, it is just a job for them. Two summers ago I was leaving Boston Logan Airport (same place hijackers left) with a knife in my wallet and a shaving razor in my bag. This is habbit and I thought nothing of it until I got home and realized that I had that on my person, not only leaving Dallas but on my way home from Boston as well. So no, that does not suprise me.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
It's a bit too easy to get past airport security.

My step-dad once went on a trip to Mexico. After seeing the movie "Cast Away", he doesn't feel that comfortable going on a plane without his trusty swiss army knife (he can do without it now). He put his wallet in that little basket they give you at security check, and underneath he hid his knife. The guys didn't even notice or look through the basket!

A friend of mine once went on board a airplane with a really big and fancy letter opener in his briefcase.

See how easy it is?????

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   
if people didn't judge others and other cultures this issue would resolve itself...
as well as respect individuals soviergnty...

top topics

join