It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Greta opposed to massive immigration to the First World?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   
She certainly should be. When someone emigrates from the Third World to the First World, is she or he likely to consume more resources, or less? Cause more greenhouse gas emissions, or less?

Here’s what Progressives for Immigration Reform has to say about it: “... in recent decades, four-fifths of the increase in U.S. greenhouse gas emissions has come from U.S. population growth, as more people drove more cars, built more houses, ate more food, and did all the other things that generate carbon.”

PFIR notes that 80 percent of the USA’s population growth in the last decade was driven by immigrants and their children born here. It estimates that 2.25 million immigrants per year will result in a U.S. population of 669 million by 2100, when Greta will be 96. Even 1.25 million immigrants per year will give us 524 million by 2100. Does anyone want that? Can anyone justify it?

A Pew Research study projects the nation’s population “... will rise to 438 million in 2050, from 296 million in 2005, and fully 82% of the growth during this period will be due to immigrants arriving from 2005 to 2050 and their descendants.”

Pew Research: “Of the 117 million people added to the population during this period due to the effect of new immigration, 67 million will be the immigrants themselves, 47 million will be their children and 3 million will be their grandchildren.”

If Greta Thunberg and anyone concerned at all about global warming are honest, they’ll admit that immigration is the main driver of greenhouse gas emissions growth in America, and a huge factor in the western world in general. So choose my leftist/environmentalist friends: Mother Earth and our children’s future, or immigration. Which is more important to you?

edit on 27-9-2019 by Scapegrace because: Typo

edit on 27-9-2019 by Scapegrace because: Clarification

edit on 27-9-2019 by Scapegrace because: Another stupid typo

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace
If Greta Thunberg and anyone concerned at all about global warming are honest, they’ll admit that immigration population growth is the main driver of greenhouse gas emissions growth in America...

I think you can have sustained population growth, which is good for the United States, and still be conscious of how we handle the ramifications of that growth. It's not like it's an either/or scenario and we can only do one thing at a time.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

And its all being done on purpose for an agenda that will never be spoken out loud.
edit on 27-9-2019 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Still working out weather or not I personally like you (irrelevant) . Still can't deny, you do some good posts/replies. Keep it up.

We could definitely handle sustained growth if done right. We ain't doing it right.
edit on 27-9-2019 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

So choose my leftist/environmentalist friends: Mother Earth and our children’s future, or immigration. Which is more important to you?

Immigration does not remove greenhouse gas emission , just look at low density countryside with lots of livestock , what do you think the amount of methane they produce does to the enviroment.

Your just moving the "problem" there will be the same growing amount of people and industry to support them.

OR i didnt understand this thread , thats a possibility too , running om 4 hours sleep a day this week

And i am not a enviromentalist or leftie , Just a random guy on planet earth for the ride , i don't care about global warming , we build all this to make a quick buck without thinking about the longer consequences.
gotta reap what you sow.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17
Still working out weather or not I personally like you (irrelevant) .

Join the club, vote 'not'.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

You'll have to pose that question to her minder/scriptwriter I'm not sure

if she has or is able to think it through on her own...... she's only 16yrs

wait till she discovers what other 16 year olds have discovered .....

BOYS!!

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

It's not like you don't have the space to accommodate 524 million people in 100 years time, as long as you build the towns cities and infostructure to accommodate such numbers.

The UK has a population of 66.04 million people on an island only 242,495 km² in size and thats in this day of age. The United States being 9,833,000 square kilometers, im sure you will be fine.

Still, need to come together as a species and address the global climate changes in the post, whether or not we are contributing to the change or otherwise.
edit on 27-9-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

exactly.

this chick is a high school dropout.

and everyone is told to worship her.

give me a break. someone like s0ros is bankrolling her. you know she is flying first class and staying at hotel suites as she 'lectures' around the world.

she is only famous because of her heritage and she is promoting agenda.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Antipathy17
Still working out weather or not I personally like you (irrelevant) .

Join the club, vote 'not'.

If you're not hated on ATS, you're not really doing a good job!
Keep it up!

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
She's an actor.

She's even got the contrived 'little girl' image off to a T too. Hair plaits, no make-up, no fashionable trendy clothes.

How many 16 year olds are not conscious of their appearance these days? I don't know any. Not one.

I think she's a fake.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

All 16 years olds i know are pretty much conscious of there appearance, especially girls.

The coming Earth changes and rising sea levels there not fake but they are in the post.

We should ignore what that little girl says at our own peril.

edit on 27-9-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I don't understand why people hate Greta so much. She has a very simple message. Although the premise of what she is saying may not be correct. But in her eyes, if the premise is correct, she makes very good points:

The leftist way of thinking there may actually be some truth to the assertion burning fossil fuels in such high amounts will have serious consequences with regards to the quality of our environment.

But again, I don't think anything Greta is saying really matters. People are going to keep using cars and burning gasoline for a very long time.

Someone please explain to me why there is so much hatred for Greta? What threat does she pose to you that you have such a strong emotional response to what she is saying? WHAT IS IT???

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I don't understand why people hate Greta so much. She has a very simple message. Although the premise of what she is saying may not be correct. But in her eyes, if the premise is correct, she makes very good points:

I don't think anyone 'hates' Greta,

What they hate ( or I prefer to use the word dislike) is the manipulation of

youth to fulfill an agenda.

edit on 27-9-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
LULZ'ing at all the people who at 16 didn't think they knew everything too.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Hatred for little girls saying their piece canny be good no matter which way we care to look at it.

People fear change but the fact is Humanity cannot continue along the path that we are headed and not expect nature to take a significant chunk out our arse for good measure.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

How clueless can people be?
She is so obviously a parrot being used as a figurehead to deliver the agenda of the people propping her up. Take ten minutes and research her family and you will see all the environmental activists, actors and authors that are the real voice in her speeches.

The hate you think is towards this girl is really hate for the way they are using a child with mental issues to push a political agenda.

Let me know when they have her spewing a few "actual" "plausible" solutions to the issues.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

At last, a sensible thread I can wholeheartedly agree with.

This has to be the main argument against mass immigration in the current political climate. It's glaringly obvious that increasing the numbers of consumers can't be good for a warming planet. But western governments are constantly lobbied by big businesses to relax immigration controls, and big businesses don't strike me as being the best advocates for the ecology of the planet.

Even Sir David Attenborough has argued passionately that we need to reduce the human population. By logical extension, he must also be against mass immigration.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Show me a politician not shoveling crap to people in a similar fashion?

Why would environmentally conscious political activists families not bump their gums about global changes?

We need to at least seek plausible solutions or we will stagnate and die.

Change is inevitable, if in doubt, just as nature.

Why should we not attempt to adapt and overcome to our changing environment?

Is that not how we supposed semi-intelligent clever Monkeys roll?

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I have no problem whatsoever with someone pushing awareness of issues important to them.

I do have a problem with people using children to get sympathy for their political whims.
Any side doing this is wrong.
The only reason it's done is because adults have failed to get the point across themselves.

Why would any reasonable person think the United Nations could find any solutions to the problems being presented to them?
They have a pretty terrible track record in my opinion and the building should be turned into a homeless shelter.

On a side note. Why is it that when anyone questions the climate change crowd about their methods and charts they get the response,"you hate the environment and love pollution!"??

I'm 100% for making the world a better place but have yet to hear one plausible solution to end the use of fossil fuels.
They are all pipe dreams at best and nightmares at worst.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join