It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Fat Keyboard Warriors take on the upcoming Civil War

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: DBCowboy

I could agree we are in a cold civil war. I agree with that take on it.

It is how both parties want it however. They want us at each others throats and neither party gets a pass from me on that.

If there were ever a time that we needed real leaders in office it's now. By real I mean people who unite, rather than divide.

I wish for politicians who would unite and actually negotiate a Ross party lines for the betterment of our Country and citizens. Unfortunately, time and time again, those who dare to crossover on a vote get bashed by their own party!

America cannot progress by extremes...we can by moderate baby steps.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: olaru12

Hi Benedict!

Surrender much lately?

remember, union proud!

Drink, meet keyboard!

Good way to end my Friday workday!

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Just stop.

Blame everyone but him.
Typical.

Sorry but the idiot brought this upon himself.
Plain and simple.
He is getting what he deserves.
He never should have run because he was never a fit human for the job. Never was never will be.

DB was right. You guys DO hate when a president comes along and betters the country. That's a shame.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: LSU2018

I have never met one. Are you sure there are 150? That's probably a little high.

Neither have I... Good point, I could have overexaggerated a little here.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Blaine91555

How do you unite a pro 2nd Amendment free speech side with a medicare for all, tax and gun grab side?

I don't know. I've been sitting here staring at your question since you posted it trying to think that through.

I suppose it could start with a leader who does not pander to the fringe on either side, one who puts country ahead of party.

Honestly though I don't think you do unite the sides. You remind people we share this space in the world and it's in all our best interests to get along, even when we don't agree.

For instance Obama could have put a lid on race baiting and he missed that opportunity out of loyalty to his party, rather than loyalty to the nation he led.

We will never get along but reality is, we can peacefully coexist and as long as our leaders are loyal to party that will not happen.

On all topics there exists a middle ground, not perfect, but we can find it with the right leaders in charge.

You want a leader who represents your views and only your views, so does the other side. We've been brainwashed to think we must get it all our way. Just like a child, We the People, need parenting and that requires people we can respect whether we agree with them or not. Instead we get hordes of lawyers leading us.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I completely hear you.

I did tell myself if Biden gets the ticket I'll vote Trump since they would be cocky enough to put up another Hillary like candidate right after.

That's likely the only scenario I'd vote for a two party candidate this go round. I did a spite vote last time, first time ever voting for a president that wasn't independent or third party. Didn't feel good, but I don't regret it.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

a reply to: seagull

I don't think you have to like Trump or even support him.

*shrugs*

Now the other candidates?

That's where I see the problem. The divide is just too great.

We used to have two parties with just different ideas about how to get to the same destination.

Now we aren't even going in the same direction.

Thus the friction, the eventual civil war.

Agree with this quote. There are 2 completely different directions trying to forced at the same time and it just isn't working. People want 2 different countries to exist, and isn't going to happen.

Civil war is absolutely sadly inevitable imo, the question is when will it go hot, and what will be final catalyst.
edit on 27-9-2019 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Nice answer, I thought about the question as well and started a thread on it.

I'm honestly curious.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: Blaine91555

I could agree we are in a cold civil war. I agree with that take on it.

It is how both parties want it however. They want us at each others throats and neither party gets a pass from me on that.

If there were ever a time that we needed real leaders in office it's now. By real I mean people who unite, rather than divide.

I wish for politicians who would unite and actually negotiate a Ross party lines for the betterment of our Country and citizens. Unfortunately, time and time again, those who dare to crossover on a vote get bashed by their own party!

America cannot progress by extremes...we can by moderate baby steps.

That is the exact reason people are fleeing their parties in record numbers and Independents now decide the elections. An Independent could win now if the big two were to allow it. This two party system is a huge part of the problem. It's not sacrosanct, but they would lead us to believe it is.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I'll take a look at that a bit later as I have time. That should be interesting.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Time to get a new hairpiece, your lobotomy scar is showing.

Has Hanymanny actually seen what ANTIFA looks like...lol The left go to their safe rooms and the right go to the gym, and gun range...

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

Civil war is absolutely sadly inevitable imo, the question is when will it go hot, and what will be final catalyst.

People, in general, live too good and are too lazy to have a civil war. Americans are rather weak when it comes to protesting compared to the rest of the world.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Wookiep

People, in general, live too good and are too lazy to have a civil war. Americans are rather weak when it comes to protesting compared to the rest of the world.

True, but if the division keeps coming the fabric of the whole nation will fail and things won't be so comfortable anymore. 9 meals away from riots type of situation.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect

originally posted by: visitedbythem
For a three hour tour, a three hour tour.

It's a 3 hour boat tour for Christ sake!
How did all their clothes and stuff get on the island if they were only packed for a 3 hour tour?

Nah, Gilligan wore the same shirt and trousers for 7 years straight

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Well said sir! It's sad to see some posters attack and try and shame you for your identity of maleness and your weight, and even project a race on you... But you don't let it bother you from what I see, that's what makes real Americans great!

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Good Americans will never allow any president to destroy our constitution, and even if the president is part of "our" team, they will still act in a proper way. If you want to post a sentiment (I am being kind, it is emotion), that supports our current president in his attempt to break the laws our our country and cherished constitution (Obstruction, violations of election laws, using the office to gain personal gain), than are you reall doing your duty to our country? Are you a good American? Or maybe you just play for a certain "team".

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
These civil war threads pop up so often, are these the opposite to the impeach threads.

Left extremist = impeach/evidence or not
right extremist = civil war is required to regain control

How do people in the middle cope with such nonsense in the US

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Are you saying that DB is Beez,that naughty bunny who disappeared
from here a long time ago?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Why is lolcow hanging out with fat drunks?

Flocking together?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: HanyManny
Good Americans will never allow any president to destroy our constitution, and even if the president is part of "our" team, they will still act in a proper way. If you want to post a sentiment (I am being kind, it is emotion), that supports our current president in his attempt to break the laws our our country and cherished constitution (Obstruction, violations of election laws, using the office to gain personal gain), than are you reall doing your duty to our country? Are you a good American? Or maybe you just play for a certain "team".

Funny how the left gets all patriotic when they aren’t spitting on vets, shrieking at the American flag, or trying to usurp the Constitution and Bill of Rights

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join