It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Fat Keyboard Warriors take on the upcoming Civil War

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Exactly.

It ain't perfect by a long stretch. But it beats most of the others all hollow. Would I vote for her? I, to be quite honest, don't know. Certainly sooner than I'd vote for any of the others--and this is from a former lifelong democrat.

Vote for Trump? No. My personal antipathy towards the man will not allow for it, at this time. I'll do, in all likelihood, as I did last election go 'round, find a third party candidate that appeals, and vote for him or her.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: seagull

The body of America has a cancer.

Trump is the chemo.

FAIL
Joe Biden is the cure for cancer...He said so.

Joe Biden says 'we're gonna cure cancer' if he's elected president

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Agreed.

But no one says I have to like it. I'm not going to scream at the sky. I'm not going to "investigate" 'til the cows come home, in the futile, at least so far, hope of finding something/anything to hang him with.

As I said, I've been pleasantly surprised on a number of occasions by him, but I do not like the man, at all, and that's not something I can overlook. As I said above, too many things have hinted at a wanna be dictator/tyrant, and I'm not comfortable with that sort being in office.

Yes, I know there've been others with the same sort of mind sets. Lincoln's actions during the Civil War come quickly to mind. Maybe necessary, but no one says I have to like it, or support it. That's where I'm at, currently. All opinions are, of course, subject to change.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
For a three hour tour, a three hour tour.

It's a 3 hour boat tour for Christ sake!
How did all their clothes and stuff get on the island if they were only packed for a 3 hour tour?

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I don't think you have to like Trump or even support him.

*shrugs*

Now the other candidates?

That's where I see the problem. The divide is just too great.

We used to have two parties with just different ideas about how to get to the same destination.

Now we aren't even going in the same direction.

Thus the friction, the eventual civil war.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I do not see an actual civil war, because it would have to be fought on county lines.
Though I can see the National Guard wiping out the Antifa army.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Go to Tulsi Gabbard's official website. She's not exactly a centrist. She leans as far left as some of the others.

Not only is she in line with the Left, she endorsed the impeachment push today. She's a follower putting party ahead of country.

I've read her site. She's in line with the current Left and I've wondered why she's viewed as a moderate. She's clearly never been a moderate.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I support him, in that I want him to do well for the country.

I don't need to like him, to do that.

I didn't like Obama, either...and I wanted him to do well for the country. That he didn't is beside the point here.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Don’t worry DB, your fat ass will keep up just fine. You know how rabbits always circle back? These people are not that organized. They will stand and spazz out like Stewart on MadTV showing you what they can do. It will be a short but total war.

Then comes the Reconciliation Era, and that is the going to be worse than the war with probable higher death toll as no one will put up with the inane demands of a defeat foe that is convinced they won.

Eventually, in a couple hundred years, we will back here again because people never learn. Best advice is to avoid an immortality pills or Fountain of Youth drinks without a good stockpile of aspirin.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

When the batteries for my Hov-a-round finally die I’m having a rickshaw made so Gunther can still get me to the bars.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I support him, in that I want him to do well for the country.

I don't need to like him, to do that.

I didn't like Obama, either...and I wanted him to do well for the country. That he didn't is beside the point here.

I think that's the case with a lot of us. Swing voters now decide who wins and I find my fellow Independents to be the most level headed people out there. It's partisans that put party ahead of country far too often.

I had high hopes that Obama would be a uniter. I voted for Clinton his second term even though I did not like him, he was good for the country at that time.

I've made no secret I do not like Trump, not even a little bit. It looks like I will be left with no choice but to vote for him this time however. For the same reason I voted for Bill Clinton. He's done a lot of good for the country.

The extreme Left taking over the Democrats is very troubling to me. They can't win without the extremists, so they caved in it seems to me. If they put up a genuine moderate I would probably vote for them, but not those running now.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I took your OP as hyperbole to make a point. Do you actually believe there will be a civil war?

Personally I think that all that is happening is the Internet spilling over into real life. The points of view of people far outside the mainstream have drowned out the majority of us who are sane, thanks to the Internet. In real life people are not this way. No, no civil war is coming.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I don't know anymore, to be honest.

Look at the first civil war. Just a small percentage actually fought.

I think we're in a "cold" civil war now.

Ideologically, we're too divided now.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I could agree we are in a cold civil war. I agree with that take on it.

It is how both parties want it however. They want us at each others throats and neither party gets a pass from me on that.

If there were ever a time that we needed real leaders in office it's now. By real I mean people who unite, rather than divide.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

that is the exact problem, those people that can lead and bring people together don't want to get within a mile of the toxic political environment.

there is no R.O.I. I was shocked when Trump tossed he hat in the ring, he said in the past he wouldn't take the pay cut.

that is why I have been behind him from the start, he didn't have to do this.

and look how it turned out so far. He is doing a great job and is the worst villain in America.

Like his old WWE days I guess......

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

I've got to say, at times it seems like Trump is trying to lose to be honest.

I don't buy into the 4D Chess garbage, he's just a jerk, and yet here I am thinking I'm going to vote for a jerk because the alternative is less palatable.

I keep hoping some third party candidate will appear with the clout to take it all away from the current two choices, both of which are not good. There is not a single person from the Left running I can align with.

What this country needs is another Ronald Rayguns and we get the Keystone Cops instead.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

How do you unite a pro 2nd Amendment free speech side with a medicare for all, tax and gun grab side?

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

You are correct, the Keystone Cops watching the 3 stoogies, with "our gang" taking dictation on voice recorders.

no question the mickey mouse club is running rampant too.

no wonder nothing much gets done

(odd that the military still gets paid but we cannot seal the borders)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: HanyManny
It is disappointing that fat old men don't know that they should keep sitting on the couch, and not to get involved in threatening the country. If there is any running around to do with a pack and a rifle, maybe the fat old keyboard boys should just settle down, and have another twinkie with their beer.

If they go outside, some skinny young guy who has not spent the last 40 years on his ass will kick into yours.

No keyboard, no bloviating, just a kick to an old fat ass who should have not gotten off his porch.

Sad really. The white nationalist who call for a civil war would wind up as sand-bags and fighting positions in any actual combat. All talk, all fat, all gone.

Bye bye keyboard guy.

You will not be missed.

Time to get a new hairpiece, your lobotomy scar is showing.

It's funny how progs always think White Nationalists are behind every corner. If we rounded up every White Nationalist in America, we'd have about 150 people. Poor progressives.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I have never met one. Are you sure there are 150? That's probably a little high.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join