It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Fat Keyboard Warriors take on the upcoming Civil War

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Exactly right!

And thats a shining example of diversity.. Another word that has been usurped and abused. This actual diversity makes us strong, when we can all throw our ideas into the center of the table and really, genuinely discuss them.

I want to see technology completely change all of our lives for the better, especially because I think its currently doing the opposite and that is only going to get worse. I want this all done in a decentralized fashion. This specific topic is not one I would expect Trump to handle successfully, or even approach.

I think that the lack of social & body cues that comes from online interaction has resulted in people living far, far too deeply in their own heads. So much so, that many are now trying to force and project those stories on the world. It doesnt help that this was all pushed along by intentional acts. Acts, that in my opinion, are meant to build a new type of global nation.

When all is said and done though, Trump is the least worst option, by a mind-bogglingly incomprehensible margin.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

This weekend im going to find some leisure activity to try to get me some of my mojo back in line. I haven't gone to a pistol range in a long time, and may spill some lead to ease my angst.

For what its worth (a bit of camaraderie), I took my fathers S&W .50 revolver to the range last weekend to de-stress. First time shooting a 50 cal pistol and my first shot I accidentally double tap, with the second shot going off right into the ceiling and perfectly severing the target track/cable running along the roof. It was an expensive visit and not as relaxing as I had hoped

Sounds like a little gun control was needed.
Not taking away the gun.... just controlling it.

Its going to take months to wipe the shame/embarrassment from myself.....

Probably going to have to find a new gun range....

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Whatever you want to call the Democratic Party I think we can agree it isn't the "Ideal" it was sold to us as 50 yrs ago. It probably wasn't then either but we were naive. Being raised "liberal" means there is a lot of crap to walk away from.

Am watching this with my own family members as the slow dawning of reason sets in an they are realizing the current Democratic Party is forcing them to register as Independents due to the sheer stupidity/insanity, while grudgingly admitting Trump hasn't actually done anything they disagree with, he just talks about it.

Once they separated his bluster "sheer idiocy" from what he's actually done you can watch their brains come to a screaming halt. It helps to remind them that Shillery would have been able to bone us hard with her political acumen while Trump being a buffoon is just shooting off his mouth an has a few smart people around him that don't let him run with scissors. Not really anyways.

Without Trump the Dems wouldn't have turned into complete transparent rabid loons, like Cheney and Rumsfeld did for the republicans back in the day, and Haig before them.

Before we had the screaming snowflake brigades we had smoked up hippies trying to change the world. The next versions are gonna be just as hilarious. Ineffectual but hilarious. The Constitution has been strong enough to withstand
all manner of dumbassery over the years, so take heart!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

I want to see technology completely change all of our lives for the better,

You may say i'm a dreamer, but im not the only one.

So long as the forbidden knowledge of Nazi Germany is used to formulate propaganda against populations, this will not happen. Nothing is scarier to a government than a united, clear thinking humanity.

Have you by any chance read anything by Tim Urban? He's doing an extended series on a topic like this (part 7 was posted today...linked below).

Waitbutwhy

Its a very long read, and at times oversimplified. But the general point is well made, and well sourced. The National Giant is kept stupid on purpose, in controversion of the formulation of our government.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I havent read his work (I dont think..), but it appears to be quite similar to my own when I talk about things like our Cultural Story.

I believe we are in a unique position to actually start writing our Cultural Story consciously and willingly.

Regardless, my contention is that "tactics of yore," while effective for their time (Ill admit it), are significantly, significantly worse options for the folks that believe they benefit from the old paradigm most. They are just as trapped in our Cultural Story as any else, though I suspect they dont see it.

Its just a numbers game. With modern communication technology, the first nation to really leverage what this enables us to do, will be the global leader for the foreseeable future and their "elite" will enjoy a standard of life far beyond what mere numbers in bank accounts or assets can deliver.

Perhaps not the right thread for it, but the more people that are educated, healthy, and have their needs met, coupled with the ability to share their voice, ideas, and inventions with the world (without exploitation, damnit!).. Well.. The nation that first learns how to tap that resource pool (without exploitation, damnit!) will receive a boon from the gods.

As an ideal, this sort of thing has existed for quite some time. But, I believe we have only had the tools to make it happen very recently. That also means that to truly establish this sort of thing successfully, the absolute LAST thing we should do is change the framework from which it will arise.

Itd be like planting seeds in a garden, removing all the dirt (with the seeds) and then being shocked that they arent sprouting. And since we are talking about timeframes of years and decades, such a setback would be.. Bad with a capital "B."

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Just stay off my lawn.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Im a centrist, and I really like Tulsi

To be fair... Everyone likes Tulsi. Some people just want to catch her cooties, others like her politics.

I want all of the former and most of the latter.

Ummm...no...no they don't...I for one would never vote for her...she's a progressive gun grabber who plays the middle fiddle so that the gullible will fall for the pock marked Cheshire smile...

If your fooled by that sort of appeal...then...have at it...

Sure...she looks good in the walkaway...but I've never voted for anyone based on appearance...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

👍

Agreed, not sure why people think she is likable.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: HanyManny
It is disappointing that fat old men don't know that they should keep sitting on the couch, and not to get involved in threatening the country. If there is any running around to do with a pack and a rifle, maybe the fat old keyboard boys should just settle down, and have another twinkie with their beer.

If they go outside, some skinny young guy who has not spent the last 40 years on his ass will kick into yours.

No keyboard, no bloviating, just a kick to an old fat ass who should have not gotten off his porch.

Sad really. The white nationalist who call for a civil war would wind up as sand-bags and fighting positions in any actual combat. All talk, all fat, all gone.

Bye bye keyboard guy.

You will not be missed.

What ?
You have an Obsessive/Compulsive Disorder with old , fat , white guys...?
Do you wish to post anything of value on ATS ?
Ever ?
Except for the tripe that you have constantly repeated in every single post ?
You got a script or a text file going ?
That would be my question.
How bout a fit , trim , old white guy ?
An intelligent , fit , trim , old white guy ?
Very much a "keyboard warrior".
Especially when folks continue posting the same old meaningless tripe , over and over again , due to sheer ignorance.
ATS deserves better .

Denying ignorance.
Why ?
Sometimes it is just too easy to let go by. Especially the second or third time.

I'm sorry but which one are you talking about? the op? Or the person who responded to yet again another civil war fap fest on ats? Ahhh I see. it's only posting the same tripe over and over again if you have different views than the right.

As for the op....do us a favour DB and hold your breath since your so sure we're on the brink of civil war. Ya'll are kinda like those christains who've been spouting off at the mouth about the end times for the past 40 years or so. And yet here we all are.....same concept, different pile of sh$t.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Jg513

You may be right. Next time I want to post a political issue with conspiratorial overtones, I'll visit a conspiracy site.

Apologies.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Sure...she looks good in the walkaway...but I've never voted for anyone based on appearance...

As politicians go, yeah.
When you are lined up against the likes of Feinstein, Pelosi and the Cherokee Princess.... it is hard to look bad.
She ain't all that though.
Look close at her face, she could use some ablation therapy.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Go to Tulsi Gabbard's official website. She's not exactly a centrist. She leans as far left as some of the others.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Go to Tulsi Gabbard's official website. She's not exactly a centrist. She leans as far left as some of the others.

I think that a lot of folks are defining political lines according to membership in the cray cray cult.

Tulsi really is likable and she appears quite sane. So: centrist or moderate.

Its silly, at absolute best, but Im not sure we are actually categorizing these things according to policy or actual political stances/platforms anymore.

She has some very, very concerning stances that are right in line with the rest of them.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Yes.
They all raised their hands to support illegal aliens.
She is a former service member and is FOR gun control.
IIRC, she supports the Green New Deal.
Just one of those is enough to disqualify her in my book.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

That's fair. I'm not a fan of her stance on guns...

But I do like her foreign policy.

As it stands her platform isn't perfect... But I think she has the potential to bridge some good ideas from both sides

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This is what has gotten us into trouble.

people are voting on personalities rather than policies.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
People are too daft and superficial these days to see beyond appearance, they have settled for who looks like me, or acts like me. Then there's the appearance of normal which is what politics have been lacking for 20 years. Did Pelosi get a boob job? seems a little much for her age doesn't it? My point is, we have become a nation of twits who'll believe the first thing that rolls out of a strangers mouth. Hence what we have to deal with now. Its not who will do a better job, its who sounds like a golden unicorn and has farts that smell like freshly baked cinnamon buns.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I know, right?

If the dems would just find someone who I can like, who actually had a chance at the nomination, much less beating Trump, I'd go for 'em in a heartbeat.

I like Gabbard, but she isn't going to even sniff the nomination, much less beat Trump. Though I think she might surprise at how well she'd actually do against him.

I dislike Trump intensely. Some of the things that have popped out of his mouth, indicate just what you said. He's a wanna be tyrant. He can't be, because of the checks and balances thing. He wasn't the nightmare I envisioned prior to the election, and I've been pleasantly surprised by some of the things he's accomplished...but there's that nagging little something that screams "Watch him!!".

...and, no, I don't mean these interminable "investigations". That conversation you alluded to...more than hints at his actual ideals where some our nations fundamental rights are concerned.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

You probably weren't the first, and almost certainly won't be the last to do something like that...

A .50 cal handgun can be a handful if you've never fired one before. Speaking from experience here!!

I'd go back, take what will probably be friendly ribbing, and go on with your day.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The body of America has a cancer.

Trump is the chemo.

Chemo is unpleasant, can kill you if not regulated, is toxic and nasty.

But it can also save your life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join