It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War of Ideologies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

When you become so obsessed with the bad aspects of humanity and how you must change them at any costs you run the risk of entering an ideological trance.

When I first came across ATS over a decade ago it was quite a different place. We had many well respected members who put a great deal of time and effort into their threads, covering classic conspiracy theories with great depth and detail. One of the reasons we don't see much of that now is all the best topics have already been covered so well by these people. I quickly got sucked down the rabbit hole in my late teen years and I learned a great deal about how the world truly works behind the veil. My understanding of the corruption evolved as I learnt more, from my understanding of MSM propaganda tactics to the way the entire money system is rigged, and it created within me a deep seeded motivation to do all I could to expose this corruption and transform the world into a better place.

Films such as the Zeitgeist series convinced me the best solution was a one world government which controlled and produced all resources through a highly centralized system. As time passed this mentality caused me quite a lot of stress because it was becoming apparent to me how futile it was to make real change happen in this world. This contempt I held for society eventually led to some periods of depression in my early adulthood because it seemed like there was no hope for the future. It was an unstable frame of mind to be in and it prevented me from seeing the good in the world. I didn't resort to antidepressants because it wasn't extreme and I don't really see the point, our emotions are there to help us, we don't like feeling pain but it tells us there is an issue to deal with.

If we choose to ignore our feelings or numb them with drugs then we wont solve the core issue, yet antidepressants are often the first solution we suggest despite the long term emotional dampening effects that can cause mass murderers to slaughter a crowd of people without feeling a thing. Recent reports indicate that around 1 in 10 people in the U.S. and other developed nations use antidepressants, and 1 in 6 use some kind of psychiatric drug. Growing up I had many experiences which taught me how many people were unstable, even those who seem perfectly sane on the surface, but even I wouldn't have guessed it was that bad. Just think about that, 1 in 10 people we meet have quite serious issues which they are hiding under a facade of happiness. But why on Earth do so many people feel this way?

The MSM portrays events as if the world could end tomorrow but the reality is the world is getting better according to almost every metric we can measure. This is true even for the most extreme doomsday rhetoric they spout, such as the climate change narratives. For the most part, the developed world has reduced or kept CO2 emissions stable for the last several decades, in fact many nations have experienced a so called brightening due to lower levels of atmospheric pollution. China releases the most CO2 by far but they get away with it by claiming to be a developing nation, meanwhile these alarmists will deprive truly developing nations of cheap energy and keep them trapped in a cycle of poverty, or even dismantle working energy grids.

This mentality was the main focus of my recent thread Dissecting the Global Warming and Energy Issues in Australia. Despite Australia releasing 1 to 3 percent of the worlds CO2 emissions, we have large groups of activists hopping onto the climate change train and forcing our politicians to slowly dismantle the energy grid in favor of something that is far more expensive and far less reliable. At the same time they COMPLETELY overlook the wide range of environmental impacts that things like covering large amounts of land with solar panels or wind mills has on the environment. They also seem to think these products are magically produced from thin air rather than requiring a huge amount of plastic, glass, steel and cement, and never need replacing.

This idea of zero CO2 emissions really doesn't make any sense on any level, it's not even good for plants and trees. This constant fear mongering around global warming has created a very naive attitude of how to solve the problem, which ends up creating far more problems than it ever solves.

This constant fear-mongering really doesn't help anyone, all it does it cause unwanted anxiety and results in a highly misguided understanding of climate change which is fueled by hysteria rather than facts. I've lived on the coast of Australia nearly my entire life, the beaches and tides are virtually exactly the same as they were when I was a kid. Unless you live on the coast then I really don't want to hear this nonsense about rapidly rising sea levels, it's just not true, a small island being flooded is not a legitimate example, there are many other reasons smaller land masses may see coast lines change. If you truly believe the world will end in the next decade due to climate change then you probably haven't lived many decades and the feeling of futility will cause you unhappiness.

Moreover, this whole coddling culture of safe-spaces will not at all help the mental health of our society. Kids will grow up not knowing how to deal with conflict and unable to accept other points of view. When they enter the real world and they are faced with a true adversity they will be crippled because they have been bubble wrapped their entire life. And this is precisely what we're seeing with every new generation; more entitlement, more bubble wrapping, more safe spaces, more political correctness, more alarmism, and more depression as a result. We're living in a world overflowing with and controlled by masses of people who are far from being mentally stable and that is a very dangerous thing. Fanatical mindsets are not healthy and rarely are they based in reality, the calm rational thinker always wins the debate.
edit on 26/9/2019 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The food in the US is getting better. When I was a kid we did not even have Mexican food, or good frozen pizza.

Also, medical care is much better.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

The problem stems from the human ego.
Everyone thinks they are important and their opinions must be heard.
When in fact any single person on our world isn't any more important than any single grain of sand on a beach.

Was the next Einstein or Mozart removed at a planned parenthood location?
Or maybe the father was killed by a roadside bomb fighting in some useless war.

People can't accept that not everyone is special and they push headlong into a cause to ease them from the burden of their own thoughts.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The problem stems from the human ego.
Everyone thinks they are important and their opinions must be heard.
When in fact any single person on our world isn't any more important than any single grain of sand on a beach.

I don't totally agree with this, ego is a huge problem, but believing none of us can make a change in the world is also a problem because it's not exactly true. It's all about having the right mentality and right approach, and it begins with humility and rationality. First you must empower yourself before you can then make use of that power to change the world.

Here's a nice tune to match the vibe of this thread, although contempt for existence isn't exactly the same as contempt for society, but it's still relevant to the issue of depression.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

S&F

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Modern Western liberalism has become a danger to the cohesiveness of the fabric of our society. Pure and simple.

Children who are raised by liberal parent/parents with no rules or morals, educated by primarily liberal teachers in a primarily liberal education system. Then chemically lobotomize them when they don't fit their perception of "normal".

Yet when one snaps and shoots up a school these facts are ignored. These things didn't happen until a particular ideology rooted itself in the parenting and education aspects of our society.

If people want a Bogeyman to chase we should be looking at academics, parenting, and pharmaceuticals. NOT toxic masculinity, the patriarchy, or guns...

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

Yet when one snaps and shoots up a school these facts are ignored. These things didn't happen until a particular ideology rooted itself in the parenting and education aspects of our society.

I think there will always be some people who are prone to snapping, but I agree it's definitely higher than it otherwise would be. There's certainly a correlation with the rising levels of depression, whether they are on drugs or not, but the drugs certainly don't help either.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

You ad something god going until this:

If we choose to ignore our feelings or numb them with drugs then we wont solve the core issue, yet antidepressants are often the first solution we suggest despite the long term emotional dampening effects that can cause mass murderers to slaughter a crowd of people without feeling a thing.

While I do not disagree that these types of drugs are over=prescribed, it is usually for good reason. Chemical imbalance as the main cause. However, it is an entirely different mechanism that causes mass murderers to kill people with no feelings about it, and it has nothing to do with antidepressants.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I think everything is just great exactly the way it is. I have no complaints.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

While I do not disagree that these types of drugs are over=prescribed, it is usually for good reason. Chemical imbalance as the main cause. However, it is an entirely different mechanism that causes mass murderers to kill people with no feelings about it, and it has nothing to do with antidepressants.

I'm not saying antidepressants are useless, I'm just saying they should be left as a last resort and not the first solution. I also don't think antidepressants produce killers, I just think it makes it easier for extremely unstable people to commit mass murder because it dampens their ability to feel appropriate emotional responses, and it's clear a large number of killers were on antidepressants. Either way my initial point still stands, we need to learn to deal with our emotions instead of numbing them out and expecting everything to be fine, it really isn't a good long term solution. I understand some people really do need these drugs but there's absolutely no way 1 in 10 really need them.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

I'm not saying antidepressants are useless, I'm just saying they should be left as a last resort and not the first solution. I also don't think antidepressants produce killers, I just think it makes it easier for extremely unstable people to commit mass murder because it dampens their ability to feel appropriate emotional responses, and it's clear a large number of killers were on antidepressants. Either way my initial point still stands, we need to learn to deal with our emotions instead of numbing them out and expecting everything to be fine, it really isn't a good long term solution. I understand some people really do need these drugs but there's absolutely no way 1 in 10 really need them.

The problems with that theory are that antidepressants do not stop people from feeling emotions, and, mass murderers do not kill because of suppressed emotions. They kill because psychopaths believe they have the right to kill, that those lives are theirs to do with as they please. They are hard-wired to believe they have the right, if not duty, to kill. You are talking about two entirely different issues. There is no overlap. They are completely different.

Some people have chemical imbalances that need to be treated. It is not that antidepressants are the first choice all the time, sometimes it is the right choice. That having been said, I still agree that they are over-prescribed. People are much weaker than they used to be. Everything has to be a treatable condition now. This generation in particular thinks they should feel good all the time about everything and if they don't its because society is screwing them over. They need crying rooms and therapy dogs and every prescription they can get their hands on. Its almost as if they are proud of it.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

The problems with that theory are that antidepressants do not stop people from feeling emotions, and, mass murderers do not kill because of suppressed emotions.

Sadness is an emotion and it's related to a spectrum of other negative emotions, although it's still clearly possible to feel sadness when using antidepressants. I don't think we fully understand the human brain and the long term effects that these drugs which alter emotional states can have on a person. Every drug has side effects and we build immunity with time, so I worry that the large number of people who rely on these drugs as a crutch even though they don't truly need them the way some people do, they are going to do irreversible damage to the emotional processing faculties of their brain. Once again I don't think people kill due to feeling no emotions, there are plenty of sociopaths who can live perfectly normal lives and still show respect for other people even if they lack the ability to feel empathy.
edit on 28/9/2019 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I think everything is just great exactly the way it is. I have no complaints.

Agreed, some folk are never happy. Cest la vie.
edit on 28-9-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join