It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone explain this " Mars Rover"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
So I was checking out Mars and decided to look at the Rover it's self and found a few weird things this being one of them .

Cut cable ?

Gigapan
edit on 9/26/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The bigger question is WHO or What has been cleaning that rover!

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse

Daytime convective vortices and nighttime winds, according to these people:
www.nature.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Remember how the rover landed?

Seconds later, when touchdown is detected, the bridle is cut at the rover end, and the descent stage flies off to stay clear of the landing site.

www.planetary.org...

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

They self clean until they can't remove any more dust for proper solar function. You know how good DSLR cameras have self sensor cleaning, every time you turn it on it shakes the sensor and tries to get the dust off?

Same basic thing but millions of dollars more complex and reliable.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Remember how the rover landed?

Seconds later, when touchdown is detected, the bridle is cut at the rover end, and the descent stage flies off to stay clear of the landing site.

www.planetary.org...

Nasa says specifically that 'pyros' cut the bridles.
I was curious, so I took a look. I wondered how they cut them.
NASA
Anyone that wants to see, hover cursor over the 'Flyaway' portion on the bottom right.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I guess Martians do it every night, the rover actually has a big candy dispenser built in, it dispenses a candy every time someone wipes it off...limit one candy a day. There was a service manual sent to Mars with the full instructions on how to maintain the rover daily, written in fifteen different languages. It was written on the parachutes.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Bungie chords - not really a cable, or at least anything metal.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Nasa says specifically that 'pyros' cut the bridles.

Ah.
So perhaps something that occurred earlier in the landing sequence.

branwall
3 points ·
6 years ago

So I texted the lead engineering project manager for Curiosity (my best friend's dad) and got this as a response:

"I actually had a big part of designing the hardware that restrains those cut cables. Yes, those were electrical cables and there were also some tubes that were part of the cooling system. So the electric wires went to the descent stage. They were cut just prior to the rover separating from the descent stage."

Straight from the man who designed it.

www.reddit.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Who? Maybe the astronaut guy who cast this shadow. He looks to be hard at work.

...Unfortunately, it's really only the shadow cast by Curiosity's instruments, as discussed in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 9/26/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Is that a fish eye lens?

Looks like devon island!

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That looks like a thick electrical cable it would take some heavy duty shears to slice it that clean .

So would those be located on the descent stage ?

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: letni
Is that a fish eye lens?

Looks like devon island!

It does indeed look like Devon Island...

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Ah it's on Reddit, must be true. No really.

Some guy says some # on the internet and sheep-like morons baa in agreement.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

that is clearly cut, i dont care what anyone says.

the questions are can you find a pic where that is still connected to something or was it done on earth?

leaving a sloppy cut like that uncovered seems very implausible, and the fact its clearly some very thick cable that appears to be coming from the RTG is also interesting.

and as far as the other rover getting its solar panels obviously washed off was crazy, and we never got a good explanation for that shadow that REALLY looked like a guy with a face mask and backpack on. hell you could see where his hair was messy from the straps on his head

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

That looks like a thick electrical cable it would take some heavy duty shears to slice it that clean .
Not shears. Probably something more like this:
www.cobham.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

if that is for the bridal why use insulated multi strand cables of different gauges? and if you look at the left side of the cut is frayed.

if i wanted to make sure of a clean cut i would just use the normal pyro. bolts. also that's pretty close to some mission critical equipment, i doubt they would put any sized explosive charge there.

and seems like a very odd place as far as weight distribution for a cable point. why not use the axles or points near them and fit 4 cables with explosive bolts to cut away from the skycrane

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

if that is for the bridal why use insulated multi strand cables of different gauges? and if you look at the left side of the cut is frayed.

if i wanted to make sure of a clean cut i would just use the normal pyro. bolts. also that's pretty close to some mission critical equipment, i doubt they would put any sized explosive charge there.

and seems like a very odd place as far as weight distribution for a cable point. why not use the axles or points near them and fit 4 cables with explosive bolts to cut away from the skycrane

Maybe you have already... but if not it's worth taking a look at Richard D Hall's Mars investigation:

Richard D Hall Space Conspiracy index

Richard makes a very reasonable case for the NASA "Mars Rover" being on Earth (Devon Island).

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

I said "something like this" I didn't say that was what was used.

It's not the bridle. It's an electrical cable, as pointed out above.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3
Plus wouldn't be a bit neanderthal to cut it on such a advanced piece of machinery? If whatever they had to "Cut" failed the whole mission would have Failed .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join