It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tumeric - Be Aware of Lead

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   
while there is also white turmeric (and black, too),

dried yellow turmeric doesn't look very yellow as a powder in my exp; it's more off-whitish or creamy colored than yellow. pale yellow at best.

based on growing, dehydratoring it then running it thru coffee grinder!

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: waftist
a reply to: rickymouse

Yea man, that article was from 2 days ago and yes it probably is illegal to use that pigment ,but you know India, like China, utilizes subpar regulations and enforcement when it comes to health safety. I tell ya ricky, I'm a little tee'd off about the whole thing! Not only have I been poisoning myself consuming this stuff almost daily for 3 years now, but think of how many people globally consume it! Hell I have had muscle aches, foggy thinking and some fatigue the last year and I thought(and it may be) that I was just getting old, even though I run 25 miles a week, and have done so for 10 years. I don't know man, but I am going to schedule a doctor visit and have my lead levels checked real soon. I will report them here afterwards.

I did the water test with my brand(organic, non-gmo) and it remained cloudy yellow. I emailed the company to inquire about their testing for lead and I look forward to their reply. Their page, with all the high quality graphics and appealing literature mentions nothing about testing, I sent them a link to the phys.org article too.

Turmeric is a sulfur food, if you take it every day you should eat some foods high in Molybdenum to balance the sulfur detox chemistry. Molybdenum coenzymes are needed to produce sulfite oxidase, nitrite oxidase, and another type of enzyme. Molybdenum is also necessary to produce the molydopterin which works with our blood cells and helps in the delivery of oxygen to cells.

You can get small supplements and it is included in many multimineral or multivitamin pills. Or just boost foods that contain molybdenum. all rice contains molybdenum, and any seed or grain product too. It is required by plants to do dna replication just like it is in people. Just make sure not to eat too much grains that have been preharvest dessicated with roundup. I get mostly organic flours and corn starch and cornmeal. I buy the organic oatmeal from the coop, it is cheaper than buying Quaker oats in the store and tastes better.

I am not an organic fanatic, but some things taste way better organic. Junk food, organic or not, is not good in excess. I make my own bread using organic whole wheat white flour, and it tastes much better than the organic bread they sell at the coop.

Selenium is necessary for the thyroid and helps to protect us from cancer if the levels are proper, a deficiency increases our cancer risk. But too much selenium is no good, most people only need about a fifty percent RDA supplement of it.

Molybdenum is used to make sulfite oxidase which works hand in hand with the creation of taurine and the utilization of taurine consumed or made in the body. Lots of people have a sulfite oxidase deficiency but not all is related to molybdenum deficiency, sometimes it comes from consuming too much sulfide and sulfite containing foods. Turmeric contains natural sulfides I think.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join