It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eleusinian and Isis mysteries beliefs hidden in Modern Olympics.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:07 AM
link   
The early Olympics are confusing, however the 1920 Antwerp, Belgium Olympics started on 14th August 1920.
en.wikipedia.org...
But usaully it is when the athletic stadium opens, where it is most likely to be aligned to Sirius or Alnilam, as you can see by link above, this happened on 14th August 1920:-
At location and date, Sirius rose approx. ten minutes before the Sun on 14th August 1920 in Antwerp, astronomy graph below:-
There wasn't Olympics in 1916 due to W.W.1., so next we move on to 1912 Olympics!

edit on 9-4-2020 by Astronomer62 because: Edit.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:34 AM
link   
It took a lot of time for me to solve the puzzle of the 1912 Olympics in Stockholm, Sweden, i had to look through rare official records, as i believe this olympics was aligned to time on day of opening, firstly lets get day right, look to right of link below, it mentions opening ceremony of athletics stadium on 6th July 1912 in Stockholm, Sweden:-
en.wikipedia.org...

In looking at official records, i feel that this olympics was opened at 11:30am, 6th July 1912 in Stockholm, as nations were added, opening ceremony become longer and longer, in 1912 there were only 28 nations participating, in 2012, there were 204 nations participating....so you may see why i feel estimated time was 11:30am 6th July 1912, by my link below with photo, look at clock to the right:-

At 11:30 am on 6th July 1912, in Stockholm, Sweden, Sirius was culminating, up from True South:-

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Many of the early Olympics were really fuzzy, and down to actual time, 1908 was the same, please view link below:-
viola.bz...
However you can see by above link that King Edward VII arrived at Olympic Stadium at 03:49 pm and i estimate time of declaring stadium open at 16:00 pm.
Any want to say i'm wrong, although estimated?
Yes, everything about early Olympics is different from modern, in 1908 the Olympics lasted from 27th April to 31st October, but i'm interested when the STADIUM OPENED.
I think this happened at 16:00 PM on 13th July 1908 in London. Please note Alnilam setting at this time and date:-

]
edit on 10-4-2020 by Astronomer62 because: Edit.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
In 1901 the I.O.C. met in Paris for election bids to find the host city for the 1904 Olympics, this started on 21st May 1901 in Paris, it was a shambles as Chicago defaulted and St. Louis, Missouri was successful in the end, part of official report below, the assassination of President William McKinley didn't help this process:-
magazine.uchicago.edu...
However this I.O.C. meeting was aligned to Sirius and Alnilam by ancient Greek day marker, as Sun set on 20th May 1901 in Paris, it did so with both stars! Ancient Greek day marker is the same in a lot of aspects to the Florentine Calendar:-
en.wikipedia.org...
I'll continue tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   
The graph for above is below, being ancient Greek day marker for 21st May 1901 in Paris, being sunset previous with Sirius and Alnilam setting:-

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The 1904 and 1900 Olympics were just part of a World Fair, but link below shows that opening Ceremony for the St. Louis, Missouri 1904 Olympics was held on 1st July 1904:-
en.wikipedia.org...
Within four minutes of the midnight day marker at location both the Sun and Sirius were aligned to the Nadir, astronomy graph below:-

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The 1900 Summer Olympics was held in Paris between May 14th and October 28th, another long winded process, that was part of a World Fair, hell they didn't even have a stadium for athletic events, runners had to race on uneven track in a wooded area!
en.wikipedia.org...
Obviously many times the opening/closing of the Olympic Athletics Stadium is day marked by Egyptian stars....here we don't have one, so i look at the best next thing, being date when athetics started, this happened on 14th July 1900 in general location of Paris, link below:-
en.wikipedia.org...
Egyptian sunrise day marker was chosen, Sun and Alnilam, Belt of Orion rise in the East, this is the heliacal rising star, astronomy graph below:-

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The first modern olympics was held in Athens, Greece, opening ceremony was on 6th April 1896, link below:-
en.wikipedia.org...
Egyptian Sunrise day marker was chosen at location, as Sun rose, Sirius was on the Nadir, graph below:-

I have now completed 116 years of modern Olympics and shown how they all were aligned to Sirius and Alnilam, Belt of Orion probably how the ancient Olympics were aligned, i hope you have enjoyed the chronicles regarding this, sadly i can't do the same for the ancient Olympics, beyond the scope of an archaeoastronomer as outside Julian Calendar that i can calibrate!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join