It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop living in the mud pit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I dont really take it seriously either. But.. I know plenty do, and Ill be damned if I dont find it disturbing. Especially when I see people I love, family, succumbing to it in "real life." Sometimes its fun to play along, but theres that whole abyss staring back thing..

Im am very serious about the whole "pathogen" thing though. It might not be the right word, Im sure someone will eventually pin it down better than me. But I think its a genuinely serious problem that, honestly, just isnt as in your face here on ATS as so, so many places. I dont always post things I actually believe, but this is one I do and take seriously. It was an underlying behavior for generations, it just got amplified by technology, and sites and organizations clamped onto its "marketing potential" in fostering "brand loyalty" like a fat kid on a twinkie. We just dont deal with scale very well, and it can be manipulated very easily.

I have so much appreciation for the mods here, even if I still have my criticisms. I think a lot of grievances are actually our fault.

Maybe I have a unique perspective? I mean, I know I do, if I was rich Id be called the eccentric's eccentric. As it is, Im just wierd. But, most of my family are trolls and I was obsessed with social engineering and hacking for.. A long time. I guess I feel partly responsible for what is going on..

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
Yeah, I understand the mudpit, but having started threads in other forums only to get mudpit-esque replies was disheartening. I had other threads planned that I scrapped because of it. The mudput allows certain things that creates a leniency in other boards that is troubling.

That's why many members have simply moved on. I received a message after a complaint that I needed a thicker skin, so I bought one down at the 7/11. It's packaged in a bottle of tequila and a brightly colored sack of Nacho, cheese flavored doritos, but you need to exercise discretion or your inbox will fill with warning and your point total shrink accordingly, that's just part of the appeal of skating on thin ice.

edit on 26-9-2019 by olaru12 because: check it brenda

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I dont really take it seriously either. But.. I know plenty do, and Ill be damned if I dont find it disturbing. Especially when I see people I love, family, succumbing to it in "real life." Sometimes its fun to play along, but theres that whole abyss staring back thing..

I feel extremely lucky to have most of my family either incarcerated or in rehab, so my contact is severely limited and even when they are released on probation they tend to avoid me, the guy that mocks them and makes constant biblical references that makes no sense what so ever to the topic being discussed.

I really wish you hadn't of brought up that whole "abyss" thing..."We can't stop here, this is bat country" HST

edit on 26-9-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

That is a very interesting theory. I interpreted it as the mud pit not really being the problem but people can't clearly state or relate their unease. The fun and hours engrossed in this board aren't as easy to come by as they were before apparently.

I wonder if is that the main issue? Some type of discomfort that interrupts the previous joyous experience? Is the board slowing down? The main personalities becoming too dominant with the slowdown. As some of the mods expressed before, the board is in a constant state of change. It will be interesting to see where this ends up. I just don't think the mud pit is the cause, but simply an excuse to latch onto.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Seems like everyone is into politics now like it's the hottest TV show out.

Jeeze the majority of my life i was too busy having fun to even care what the difference between a Democrat and Republican.

When you get old and bored, you turn to politics.

I just feel bad for the young today who are so consumed by it.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
Seems like everyone is into politics now like it's the hottest TV show out.

Jeeze the majority of my life i was too busy having fun to even care what the difference between a Democrat and Republican.

When you get old and bored, you turn to politics.

I just feel bad for the young today who are so consumed by it.

I doubt it's changed that much, the young still have fun and for the most part blunder along.

We simply live in a time where any old brain fart that is vocalised can be recorded and submitted online for judgement by the masses, and that judgement is fast and harsh. Of course some like young Greta are somewhat groomed for the role, par for the course in the society we have.

To the op you've articulated that quite well, I've been struggling for a while now posting here and it's not beneficial in any way to myself or anyone reading my posts.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join