It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if it's not what we expect?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Define good though. We're "good" to our pets. But most people would have issue with being told when they can leave their home "earth" or being forced to breed or not breed as desired. Have our food determined for us. Have medical procedures made to tailor our looks to some being desires. Be made to learn tricks for others amusement, etc.

As for the cumbaya moment, look at the US, it's a single country, how united are it's people? Also, what makes you assume most alien species go through a us vs them moment with other species, and why do you assume such a union wouldn't be temporary at best? I mean, if the US got attacked tomorrow, everyone in the US would be up in arms about it for a few weeks, but after the initial fervor dies down, we'd start splintering again (see 9-11, or Pearl Harbor) and soon break down into differing view points again.

Now yes, there might be cultural traits that fit most members of a species, but even then, there will be their noncomformists. Different generations tend to rebel, especially with wider gaps in generations as I suspect old age has long since been conquered.

Yes we may us vs. them verses the aliens, but unless it's an eternal struggle, such will eventually break back down, and if such a struggle goes on long enough there would likely become factions within us and the aliens uniting to try and end this eternal war, because war effing sucks and there will be some aliens and humans seeking unity, while others seek the opposite.

Also keep in mind, things advance in steps. They likely colonized different planets, possibly in their own system through terraforming before becoming intersteller. Talk about distance. They've had many opportunities to divide in many ways. What we might think is another species could be the same species after having lived on two separate planets with different gravities or other traits for a long time. There's so much influence I just don't see this unity you're describing, too many chances to divide further and develop different physical and cultural traits. Not that the physical matters AS much at this point, as I'm sure extreme body modification is possible, even down to the genetic level by the point of such advanced tech. They can probably pass as us easily if they wish, even live whole lives on earth and breed with us if desired. Though their body would be more human than alien at that point of alteration. All the better to fit in I suppose.
edit on 10/3/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Anyone ever consider our universe is one tiny atom in a trillion universes both equal and different...most teaming with life?

A trillion separate universes as atoms compiling into one incomprehensibly HUGE "something"?

I find it a little difficult to wrap my mind around this concept...but it makes sense on some base level of my being.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Amazing, huh? Further look at deep space Hubble shots where each group in the millions(?), Trillions(?)...of equally large even larger sizes of "universes" than the 1 (only one)...we're referring to: us.

Now add those to ours and...? It does boggle the mind!

Thanks Riffrafter! Best

<< 1  2  3   >>

join