It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will history view trump for trying to get his political opponents son arrested???

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: chr0naut

Please, this crowd thought the Mueller report was an exculpation.
They still think it is.

I know, but I like to 'rail against the madness'.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Cool Johnny

which of Trumps family was busted for Coc caine?

which of Trumps family got tossed out of the military for drug use>

which drug user in Trumps family is on a board of Directors

Nope Nothing to see here at all, By Democrats standards

1.5 Billion from China that he "earned"?

YUP......

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
So shiff just read out a totally fabricated lie instead of reading the actual transcript

That’s a fact. He admits it himself.

Why didn’t he read the actual transcript??

Because it would totally exonerate the President.

He will not be impeached. He will serve a second term. His first term has been great and his second will be the same.

He will be remembered as a great president, a philanthropist, a powerful business tycoon and as a trigger for the weak and the gutless to show their pathetic colours.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: WalterTilley
I'm really confused in all of these threads regarding Trump and Biden. Why doesn't anyone seem to care if Biden and his son actually did what they are being accused of? Doesn't anyone care?

Would those history books read different if Biden and his son are arrested and end up going to jail and some kind of conspiracy is uncovered? Would that open up peoples eyes to the corruption that makes up the government?

Because Biden isn't the President, perhaps?

Or, if Trump has done something wrong, how does anything Biden or anyone else has done, make it better? Surely that is just a distraction, not an exculpation.

How about if Trump didn't do anything wrong, or even did something the opposition did just prior.... Would you really stand by Trump THEN?

Did I say that Trump did something wrong?

Of course you wouldn't. Just like many of the left will not even bat an eye at their own affiliation when they break (and continually break) laws.

Don't you think it's a huge bit hypocritical? Despicable even?

It might be, if I were a 'leftist'. My voting preferences have been mostly center right, for several elections.

I was just pointing out that blaming someone else for a similar crime, doesn't let someone off the hook for theirs.

Do you want to review what you posted?

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

originally posted by: thedigirati
a reply to: oloufo

wow, so you admit you are a white fright heterophobe.

thats cool, you're just as much a bigot as those you profess to be better than.

Brilliant Junior, have a 🍪

I dont fear white people. I'm white too (except in the summertime). I fear exremists, radicals, maniacs. I dont care what color of skin you have. Life is too short for this kind of bs. We all are human beings.

Don't come to America then, you'll be disappointed when you realize the extremists, radicals, and maniacs make up the majority of the democrat camp. It might also disappoint you when you find out that a very tiny fraction of Republicans fall into that category.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

I'm really confused in all of these threads regarding Trump and Biden. Why doesn't anyone seem to care if Biden and his son actually did what they are being accused of? Doesn't anyone care?

Would those history books read different if Biden and his son are arrested and end up going to jail and some kind of conspiracy is uncovered? Would that open up peoples eyes to the corruption that makes up the government?

And Biden was VP at the time when he threatened to withhold funds from the Ukraine unless the prosecutor, who was investigating his drug addicted, hooker loving son, was fired.

People keep saying that. However:

Trump–Ukraine controversy, Background, From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hunter Biden From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Who else is 'hooker loving' and drug addicted in all this? I mean if you are going to accuse one person of it, why not judge fairly?

Trump Wired On Amphetamines and Fat Burners - TestStack Rx

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: LSU2018

My last book, "Why Jesus Voted For Trump" touched on this a little bit.

My next book, "Orange Man Bad?" will go into it a lot more.

Are you only writing them for the STRZ and FLGZ?

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Or, if Trump has done something wrong, how does anything Biden or anyone else has done, make it better? Surely that is just a distraction, not an exculpation.

How about if Trump didn't do anything wrong, or even did something the opposition did just prior.... Would you really stand by Trump THEN?

Of course you wouldn't. Just like many of the left will not even bat an eye at their own affiliation when they break (and continually break) laws.

It might be, if I were a 'leftist'. My voting preferences have been mostly center right, for several elections.

I was just pointing out that blaming someone else for a similar crime, doesn't let someone off the hook for theirs.

Uhhhh... Did you even read the post you wrote? I was tempted to go back and pick tidbits from your post to answer your question but I would have to quote the entire post.

Don't color me ignorant. Your OP is obvious.

I don't need to review my post. It's pretty much dead on. If you don't see it, I'm sorry but I can't help you.

I have to point out the irony of your avatar - Bet you didn't see that either.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: LSU2018

Do you personally believe that American academia , the universities and the scientific community lean left or right??

The narrative that all those sectors have been dominated by liberals for decades is fairly universal amongst conservative media, right??

So please..please, from a conservative perspective explain to me the scenario where all of those entities who have been the whipping posts for conservative media for years, all the sudden start leaning right??

Lol there is no scenario..

History will remember trump as a dumpster fire, and will make Obama look like Lincoln just because of how low the guy standing next to him looks..

A new study confirms what even the most casual observer of higher education has long known — that conservative professors are vastly outnumbered by liberal ones — but it also shows that the problem is getting worse.

Published in Econ Journal Watch last month, the study looks at faculty voter registration at 40 leading universities and finds that, out of 7,243 professors, Democrats outnumber Republicans 3,623 to 314, or by a ratio of 11 1/2 to 1.

The study comes after a tumultuous few years at American colleges and universities, marked by campus race protests, the disinvitation of conservative speakers and the popularization of phrases such as “trigger warning” and “safe space.”

Out of five departments analyzed by the authors, the field friendliest to conservative scholars is economics, where there are only 4.5 liberal professors for every conservative.

Conversely, history is by far the least conservative-friendly department, where liberals outnumber conservatives by a 33 1/2-to-1 ratio.

Try again, girlfriend.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Pointing out the very worse doesn't do any justice though.

We all know the left has their breeds of problems. Neoliberalism and austerity, the radical left ANTIFA, and the constant push for globalization impacting most countries it touches, robbing them of industry.

Now, not all of the left are as bad as the examples I gave above, but some are. And the fact is, there has to be different ways of thinking for there to be something that resembles balance, even if it's as weak as what we have.

I despise the two party system that exists in much of the western world, as they typically only agree on things bad for the populace... But as long as we have it, I'd rather each side have some pull to keep one side from straying too far. I dislike the extremists from both sides equally.

That’s a wild and crazy fairytale bro
When do they let you out of the rubber room for dinner or do they serve you through a slot?
edit on 26-9-2019 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

We all know the left has their breeds of problems. Neoliberalism and austerity, the radical left ANTIFA, and the constant push for globalization impacting most countries it touches, robbing them of industry.

Now, not all of the left are as bad as the examples I gave above, but some are. And the fact is, there has to be different ways of thinking for there to be something that resembles balance, even if it's as weak as what we have.

I despise the two party system that exists in much of the western world, as they typically only agree on things bad for the populace... But as long as we have it, I'd rather each side have some pull to keep one side from straying too far. I dislike the extremists from both sides equally.

When do they let you out of the rubber room for dinner or do they serve you through a slot?

My condition has metastasized to such a state, I can construct any reality I want. This weird jacket is no more real than the person I'm talking to now.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

My condition has metastasized to such a state, I can construct any reality I want. This weird jacket is no more real than the person I'm talking to now.

Please accept my apologies Critical
I meant to reply to Oloufo’s fairytale post on page 3 that was right above your post on the same page.
edit on 26-9-2019 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Lol, it's fine man. I have thick skin or else I wouldn't go around poking things with sticks to see what happens.

Plus I had fun with that comment 😂

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: chr0naut

What? Who gives a # if he's the president or not.

Obviously the people who make a big thing about the President and automatically jump to his defense, and that try and defer blame by pointing elsewhere.

Is the president the only person allowed to be investigated? FFS, look at the crap you're saying. Reassess your brain.

The thing is, I never said the the President was the only person allowed to be investigated.

I was replying to WalterTilley as to why it may have been that people weren't getting all upset at Biden (which many here obviously are, despite the suggestion that they aren't).

I have just reassessed my brain as much as I could without opening the container. It appears fully functional, somewhat warm and appears to have a similar mass to other human human brains.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

What does he have to hang his hat on for posterity like Jackson???

Gave a tax cut, mainly to the super wealthy??

So how many presidents are remembered well by history for cutting tax s?!?!

None ... that isn’t the kinda thing that registers historically.

Deregulating the EPA???

I am sure future generations will look back and think “I can’t believe they cared so much about the environment!!!”

Lol

Zero chance that happens..

Trump has held no one accountable for corruption, but a dozen of his team have been prosecuted for the same.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

I think your crazy if you think history will not differentiate..

Typically presidents are judged relative to those who preceded and followed them.. not relative to Washington and Lincoln..

Clinton is remember fondly for the economic boom he had nothing to do with..

Bush W will be remembered for lying to start the Iraq war and giving the rebuild contract to Halliburton..

Obama , first black president , Obama care..

Trump a total dumpster fire.. no real achievements.. no wall, no draining the swamp.. only a few tax cuts..

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: wheresthebody

I think your crazy if you think history will not differentiate..

Typically presidents are judged relative to those who preceded and followed them.. not relative to Washington and Lincoln..

Clinton is remember fondly for the economic boom he had nothing to do with..

Bush W will be remembered for lying to start the Iraq war and giving the rebuild contract to Halliburton..

Obama , first black president , Obama care..

Trump a total dumpster fire.. no real achievements.. no wall, no draining the swamp.. only a few tax cuts..

Only the highest quality of life in 10 years and largest income increase in the history of the US, lowest black unemployment ever ... you know, things no one cares about.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Which has jack to do with the president sitting in office at the time.. everyone concedes a presidents policies do not start to take effect until maybe 4 years later..unless there guy is in office, but to be fair both sides play that moronic card... so that really is not a slight at trump the gop..

It is SOP, but still BS..

1) longest income increase, in betting by that started before trump took office lol.. I can’t imagine 3 years is the longest in history lol..

2) So what was the black unemployment rate under carter??

Bush 1??

Bush 2??

Oh yea... a 2% uptick is definitely making the one paragraph all presidents get in the text books lol..

Trump will be remembered for championing the birther movement..

Accusing everyone under the sun with felonies and proved none of it and held no one accountable..

And not building his wall..

Oh I’m sure stormy Daniels and getting laughed off the floor of the U.N. for lying will make the cut too..

It will have to be a VERY long paragraph before a 2% uptick in black employment makes the cut!

edit on 26-9-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Uhhhh... Did you even read the post you wrote? I was tempted to go back and pick tidbits from your post to answer your question but I would have to quote the entire post.

Don't color me ignorant. Your OP is obvious.

I don't need to review my post. It's pretty much dead on. If you don't see it, I'm sorry but I can't help you.

I have to point out the irony of your avatar - Bet you didn't see that either.

In my posts in this thread I have specifically endeavored to avoid making any definitive statements directly about Trump. In these recent posts, have always referred to him speculatively, using words such as 'if' or 'may'.

Regarding my avatar, of course I see the irony in the US government wanting to prosecute someone who was a publisher for 'whistle blowers' showing that agents of the US government did the wrong thing.

That is why I chose the avatar.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I didn't leave the left... it left me... Starting with Obama... I voted that moron in the first term... Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...

Ha!!

I say something very similar to my friends that can't believe I'm no longer a Democrat and haven't identified with the party since they all went batsh#t crazy after the 2016 presidential election. It was a sad & pathetic thing to see and have to try and explain to those who truly couldn't understand why they wouldn't just grow up, get over it and and move on to the People's business. You know - like adults are supposed to do.

I didn't leave the party, the party left me and took a *hard* left turn after the HRC debacle in the 2016 presidential election.

The Dems lost in 2016 because of the candidate they put up - Hillary Rodham Clinton. HRC is a corrupt, evil, lying & thieving narcissist that has no moral compass whatsoever - None. She is only out to enrich herself and maybe BIll if/when he behaves. See the Haiti Relief Fund and the Clinton foundation - just for starters...

If she hadn't rigged & stolen the 2016 DNC primary from Bernie Sanders in 2016, we wouldn't even be watching this train wreck unfold before our eyes.

We would have President Sanders - for better or worse. Probably worse, but at least we wouldn't all be talking about possible impeachment today either.

Hell, the GOP could have run Gumby against HRC and we'd have President Gumby today - damn it!!

Trump didn't win so much as HRC lost it for the Dems...

The Democratic party needs to finally acknowledge that fact and that there is simply *no way* HRC will ever get elected for *anything* anymore. If she has a shred of decency and cares at all about the party - she needs to finally go away once and for all and STFU so that people will forget she represented the Democratic party at one time.

BTW - I'm neither a GOP or DEM. I've actually never really been either in the classic sense.

I vote and put my trust in candidates on an issues basis. For a long time, the only party that made any sense at all was the Republicans - but not all of them. And then after Bush 1 it was the Democrats. The conservative Republicans today are so out of touch with the average American that it's laughable. And demographically I should be one of them based on my age, income level, tax bracket and the fact that my wife and I stayed married for 25+ years while raising 2 happy & healthy kids.

I mean, who does that anymore?

I guess I'm more of a Reagan Democrat - or a true Moderate. I really liked Reagan. Generally, I will lean left or right of center depending on the issue or candidate at hand. Hell, at the time of the Clinton presidency, I *was* more of a conservative - registered republican - but really more of a true conservative - but I ended up really liking Clinton - although I didn't vote for him - before the Monica fiasco happened. He was a good president, the economy was booming and he was the Yang (Center-Left) to Reagan's Ying (Center-RIght). If anything Clinton was more like Reagan than his successor - Jimmy Carter. So I switched parties to Dem from Independent after his first term.

But since HRC lost 2016 presidential election right up until today, I thought the left/Dems had truly lost it's mind & soul. They seemed hell bent on self-immolation both individually and collectively as a party because they simply could not get over the fact that HRC lost the election - fair & square. They acted like spoiled little children throwing a tantrum.

So, once again I was about to switch parties again from Dem back to Independent.

But after watching that incredible 3+ hours of televised House Intelligence Committee hearings today, I was surprised to see that amazingly - the Dems may have actually gotten this one right. BTW - that's the most TV I've watched in one sitting in many years and I'm glad I took the day off to do it. I even called my kids (age 26 and age 22) and told them to watch it as they may never see something like it again in their lifetime.

I thought the Dems jumped on the impeachment bandwagon way too early yesterday before all the facts were out, and that this would be the final nail in their coffin as a party. But after watching the hearings today, I think their decision to move on this immediately, seems justified. The only one that could hurt Trump up until yesterday was Trump. And unfortunately for him, he did so in *spectacular* Trump-like style. You can't make this sh#t up!

I actually like what he's achieved in his first term although my hopes and expectations for his presidency were very low when his presidency began in 2017. I actually found him entertaining and a bit of a buffoon, but I have to give credit where credit is due - he's gotten a lot done in his first term thus far and I loved the fact that he simply didn't give a crap what people thought. He did what he thought was right for the American people. He's a true outsider - beholden to no one but himself and the American people. I guess his teflon exterior made him seem invincible.

Well, he's going to find out the hard way that *no one* is invincible - especially in politics.

And the thought of a Pence presidency - if things go very badly for Trump - gives me the shivers. He's more right wing than Pelosi is left wing. And neither of those places are where the majority of Americans are. It doesn't bode well for us...

Problem is I don't think the Dems have anyone even remotely good enough to be President for the 2020 election based on the clowns I've seen in the last 2 debates. And there is no other Republican....yet.

So, as a country, it looks like we'll need a dark horse candidate to emerge very quickly. I think even the "Always Trumpers" have to admit after today that he's gone way too far with this Ukraine debacle and his presidency will either end up in the first impeachment by the House *and* conviction by the Senate in US history. Unless he resigns first.

Talk about an ignominious choice for him & the country. It's a shame and he brought it on himself and all of us. Asshat!

Sorry for rambling on folks - this just came spilling out. I'll go stand in the corner for a while now, but thanks to all of you that have taken the time to read it this far. Feel free to disagree with any/all of it. I'll read it either way - It's the least I can do after this rant...

edit on 9/26/2019 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join