It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Director of national intelligence threatened to resign if not allowed to speak freely to Congress

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
From the Washington Post

Parsed the headline because it's too long for ATS.

The acting director of national intelligence threatened to resign over concerns that the White House might attempt to force him to stonewall Congress when he testifies Thursday about an explosive whistleblower complaint about the president, according to current and former U.S. officials familiar with the matter.

What a mess this country is in. President Donald 'I can do everything by myself' Trump has. yet another 'acting director.' I'm not even going to mention the whistle blower or the impeachment or any of that. Just the fact that this is the ump-teenth time I've seen 'acting director' in a headline because Trump either can't find anyone 'loyal' enough or just assumes he can run the government on his own.

Have at it folks. I'm sure this is just more deep-state voodoo to you.

+22 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Fake news.

Source:

amp.dailycaller.com...

Disputed literally minutes after the leftist liberal propaganda site pushed it out, citing the all too familiar, The WaPo story cited anonymous current and former officials “familiar with the matter.”, which is code for made up sources.

“At no time have I considered resigning my position since assuming this role on Aug. 16, 2019. I have never quit anything in my life, and I am not going to start now,” Maguire said in a statement minutes after WaPo’s story was published.
(Maguire er al).

Nice try Link, but mad fail, pull off the partisan blinders, it'll help.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Somebodies stirring the pot

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Ludicrous Online Lies anyone? Bueller?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Did you just read that one paragraph?

This should be in the LOL or hoax bin.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
WaPo outright KNOWINGLY KNOWINGLY KNOWINGLY lied. Enemedia.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I thought this was fake news?

In any case, who cares they are being paid
by a fund that begs people to make stuff
up on Trump. Yeah, free cheese if you lie.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
WaPo is a Leftist satire rag.
Who the # really pays to read that garbage?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

HOAX BIN

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It's time to hang these b@stards from the lampposts and start sending messages to the rest of them

If you actively and willingly try to subvert the US government with deliberate fake news to cause civil unrest, you are an enemy of the state
edit on 25/9/19 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This is one sad little lie.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

“At no time have I considered resigning my position since assuming this role on Aug. 16, 2019. I have never quit anything in my life, and I am not going to start now,” Maguire said in a statement minutes after WaPo’s story was published.

No where does it say he didn't threaten to resign. He's playing semantics because of public perception. Which is why The Washington Post is standing by the story.

But go ahead everyone, hang them from the lampposts. Eventually you all will have to take a look in the mirror at what you've become. Then again, it's probably what you have been all along..

edit on 25-9-2019 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This story got shot in the ass about 15 minutes after it was published 😎

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

The tiki torches are useful as well 😃

link   

originally posted by: underwerks

“At no time have I considered resigning my position since assuming this role on Aug. 16, 2019. I have never quit anything in my life, and I am not going to start now,” Maguire said in a statement minutes after WaPo’s story was published.

No where does it say he didn't threaten to resign. He's playing semantics because of public perception. Which is why The Washington Post is standing by the story.

But go ahead everyone, hang them from the lampposts. Eventually you all will have to take a look in the mirror at what you've become. Then again, it's probably what you have been all along..

link   

originally posted by: underwerks

WAPO is fake news and gullible people like you consume it.

Typical lefty trying to spin everything, pitiful.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

The Washington Post and New York Times are about to be hit hard by several Spygate-related declassifications and reports. Keep that in mind when either of them make extraordinary claims.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Maguire denied that he had done so. In a statement, he said that “at no time have I considered resigning my position since assuming this role on Aug. 16, 2019. I have never quit anything in my life, and I am not going to start now. I am committed to leading the Intelligence Community to address the diverse and complex threats facing our nation.” The White House also disputed the account. “This is actually not true,” White House spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham said in a tweet. After these statements were issued, Washington Post Executive Editor Martin Baron said, “We stand by the story.”

www.msn.com... AHQfnP

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
WaPo outright KNOWINGLY KNOWINGLY KNOWINGLY lied. Enemedia.

I like that one! Enemedia.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join