It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Wrote to Ukraine in May 2018 Demanding It Investigate Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Looks like the hypocrite Democrats have been holding back relevant information in their efforts to "GET TRUMP" by any means necessary.

Now we find out they themselves delved into the same thing they claim Trump is guilty of !!

HooHaa they contacted Ukraine officials and DEMANDED an ongoing investigation into Trump must continue !!

Imagine that. Democrats demanded a foreign country investigate a U.S. Citizen who happens to be the U.S. President 🤣🤷

They thought Trump was involved in Russia collusion but instead will soon find out it was Democrats all along.

Democrats Wrote to Ukraine in May 2018, Demanding It Investigate Trump

Democrats wrote to the Ukrainian government in May 2018 urging it to continue investigations into President Donald Trump’s alleged collusion with Russia in the 2016 presidential campaign — collusion later found not to exist.

The demand, which came from U.S. Senators Robert Menendez (D-NJ), Dick Durbin (D-IL), and Patrick Leahy (D-VT), resurfaced Wednesday in an opinion piece written by conservative Marc Thiessen in the Washington Post.

Ironically, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) declared Tuesday that the mere possibility that President Trump had asked Ukraine to continue an investigation of former Vice President Joe Biden — even without a quid pro quo — was enough to trigger an impeachment inquiry. (Biden boasted in 2018 that he had forced Ukraine to remove its prosecutor by threatening to withhold $1 billion in U.S. aid; he did not tell his audience at the Council on Foreign Relations that the prosecutor was looking into a firm on whose board his son, Hunter Biden, was serving.)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

He said /She said.
What a bunch of sissies.

Mockingbird Media Propaganda
right out of the Soviet playbook.
All out corruption without "pay to play"
to cover their asses. Panic then Pain.
S&F ,as if you needed any more.
edit on 25-9-2019 by Wildmanimal because: Add content

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Watching the democrats try to impeach trump is like watching wile e coyote try to catch the road runner...

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with double standards.

It's twice as much standards as other people have. So it's obviously better.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

First line from their letter:

"We are writing to express great concern about reports that your office has taken steps to impede cooperation with the investigation of United States Counsel Robert Mueller."

Was Special Counsel a legally chosen counsel to conduct official United States business? I believe he was, which means impeding an official US investigation is something that legislators have every obligation to follow up on and make sure they get cooperation on.

This would almost be an effective deflection if it weren't so unrelated.

edit: link to the letter

edit on 25-9-2019 by Oraculi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I haven't really been following this, but I thought it wasn't that he asked for an investigation that made it bad I thought it was he was either bribing them or was it holding back aid to make them do it.

I may be wrong like I said I haven't paid much attention.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Welp, there goes Trump supporters' reason to not care that Trump did it. It's almost as if the Democrats and Trump are working together to make sure everyone turns a blind eye to corruption because "the other side done it too".

How very convenient for the narrative. 🤔
edit on 9/25/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Oraculi

Well OF COURSE !!

Now we know they were just setting up more "Mueller Interference" crap on Trump !!

How "Official" of them eh 😃

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

No No it was all legal !!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Well OF COURSE !!

Now we know they were just setting up more "Mueller Interference" crap on Trump !!

How "Official" of them eh 😃

I don't understand what you are trying to say. I don't mean to be rude if English is your second language.

All I was trying to say is that this was official United States Special Counsel business they were writing about, not some spin that source of yours is trying to put on it.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Watching the democrats try to impeach trump is like watching wile e coyote try to catch the road runner...

LMAO What a great visual that makes. ACME delivery for Nancy BEEP BEEP!
edit on 25-9-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Did Breitbart make a mistake?

Doesn't seem that any demands were made for Ukraine to investigate anything.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Then it must be ok since the Dems did it first.

As usual, they accuse others of what they are
already doing, most usually criminal activity.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Did Breitbart make a mistake?

Doesn't seem that any demands were made for Ukraine to investigate anything.

How do you know, or are you speculating?

🤣

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Since when does the Ukraine have an obligation or legal mandate to cooperate with a US investigation? Or even recognize that Mueller was anything but a US citizen asking questions.

I would suspect that the Ukraine would feel no obligation to answer anything I asked even if it was tourist information.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

The "Official Business" was just window dressing 😎

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Not only is that a example of hypocrisy from the left.

They tried to interfere in the GD Mueller probe that’s obstruction of justice .
edit on 25-9-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildmanimal
He said /She said.
What a bunch of sissies.

The Supreme Court needs to weigh in and set a legal path for Democrats and Republicans to follow, as well as spell out U.S. law and Constitutional Law for the Executive Branch and Congress.

Especially in regards to the required prerequisites for impeaching a U.S. President. Dems are throwing around Presidential Impeachment like it's some sort of game. SCOTUS needs to bring them back to Earth and Reality.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
This is actually a true case of Quid Pro Quo, the Dems demanded they investigate Trump or they will vote to unfund them. Everything they accuse Trump of they actually did them selves.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   
But liberals are allowed to do things like that, but the conservatives are held to higher standards and are not. Democrats are not required to tell the whole truth, Republicans are.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join