It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The knowledge of Good and Evil and the Hermetic Principles.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Now this is what I am familiar with from the religious. Even if the walked path is true, without bowing down to The One, no salvation will be granted. But for those who do worship and bow down, actions no longer matter and salvation is guaranteed. Now that is the magic stuff that fills the seats and overflows the tithing basket, just like selling indulgences of old.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

What is your understanding of how eternity works. Reincarnation? Is death the end? I'm curious about our perspective.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   

You might want to reread that. It has only to do with faith. Not works, money and religion.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
With the Knowledge of Good and Evil, mankind manifested an entire history of atrocities. Ultimately, we have two fields to choose from; the entropic field of the Flesh, or the anti-entropic field of the Holy Spirit, in Christ. In that light, it seems apparent to me that Jesus' ministry was about the restoration of mankind. Saving God's own image for God's own name's sake.

Please, I would really love some ideas from the reader(s). Thanks.

God is perfect, whole, complete, not having any desires or needs. Since God has no desires or needs, God is absolute perfection without any evil. God transcends all time and existence without any limitations or form.

Our Universe was created not out of some desire or need by God. Our Universe was created out of an overflowing of abundance of energy coming out of God. This abundance however is incomplete. Nature and human beings were created with imperfections. It is these imperfections that are the source of all that is evil in the World.

I have thought about sin for a long time. I have a couple of conclusions.

First, I am confident our omnipotent God knew exactly what was going to happen to the apple in the garden with a naked woman prancing about.

Second, none of us really has free-will. This is because we have no control of what choices are presented before us. Yes, we get to choose from our choices. But I think unless each of us has omnipotent powers to be able to control what our choices may be then we only have the delusion of free-will. So with no real free-will, sometimes we are forced to choose to be evil when we really don't want to be. We are forced to be evil because we have no other choice. I think God takes this into account.

Third, if Jesus was or is God then you can't kill God. God cannot be killed. Since Jesus was resurrected, Jesus did not really die for our sins. Jesus did not die at all. No harm no foul. So Jesus did not die for our sins since you cannot kill God.

I think none of us can escape our imperfections. It is inevitable for us to be sinful and evil throughout our lives. But I think what is important is that in spite of our imperfections, we strive to the be like our God's perfection. When we experience great beauty in nature, or great human performances, in those moments it brings us closer to God's wholeness and perfection.

God does not have any needs or desires. It is important for us to not live our lives driven by needs and desires. Again, our goal is to not live our lives out of fear based on our imperfections, but to strive or aspire to experience the greatness, wholeness, and perfection that is God.

I think when we die, regardless of our Earthly sins, everyone is allowed to pass through the gates of heaven to experience eternal Heavenly bliss. When we go into the light, we look into the face of God and experience God's infinite beauty, perfection, and wholeness. We stop experiencing time and melt back into the source of where our soul came from. Everyone is absorbed. Everyone is saved.

There is no requirement to give money to the church to pay for your absolution. There is no requirement to say certain words in a certain order. God created us with imperfections. God is ultimately responsible for our sins by not creating each of us with omnipotent powers but with numerous imperfections, desires, and needs.

God owns this responsibility by forgiving us for our sins and letting all of us through the gates of Heaven to experience eternal bliss. Everyone's suffering will come to an end as we bathe in the light of God's infinite beauty and perfection.

Or, as the Tibetan Book of the Dead describes, we choose to turn away from the light, we are then tortured by evil demons of our own creation that perfectly match our greatest fears as we travel down a spirit path to be reincarnated in a New Jersey hospital. We then continue our endless cycle of death, birth, and suffering in New Jersey until we cleanse ourselves from all our bad karma.

When we are born, as we pass through our mother's birthing canal, our head is painfully CRUSHED right before our head pops out into the light for the first time. At this moment, we have our first thought, "Who designed this thing!" Our contempt for God starts early.

edit on 25-9-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Funny you should mention Chaos Magick, i too have experimented with this, with good results.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Desire doesn't have to imply need. It's simply a shift in perspective. I think God created us for the simple joy of creation.

Where there is a decision to be made there is always free will. Limited, but free nonetheless.

I dont go to church anymore, so the tithing stuff was never a part of my belief system.

I'm on the fence about reincarnation.

Sins don't keep anyone out of heaven. Christ made sure of that. The only thing that keeps people from heaven is the choice to not walk through the door.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

As a Christian in church, I was always taught that these Hermetic ideas were a sin. Now, I've shifted my perspective. The Natural Laws are a creation of God. They cannot be a sin by themselves, but they can certainly be used in sinful ways. How so?

Yes! Thank you for this post. I am glad that you get this stuff. The doors that open and the learning that takes place when you embark upon THE GREAT WORK is amazing. I try to tell people all of the time that the "mystery" and occult teachings are not bad in and of themselves. It is just nature and how everything works!

ETA: The Bible has all of this in it, all encoded in allegory.
edit on 25-9-2019 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Nice revelation, priest. I always love to see Christians who rise above the dogma, a state of mind, that I think is adequate for everyone who deeply from their hearts follows Christ.

To add something to the topic, let me expand on the words in a sense. There is many branches of the same tree of thought developed though the ages, however, I'd keep it as short said as possible, so we do not fall into the whirlwind of whirlwinds and loose the hold of the spirit, in the shadow of few words.

When I say Christ I imply the the principle of spiritual realisation(usually called wisdom) and spiritual glory(usually expressed in high moral, and strong but flexible will). That principle can easily be named with other words, as many names have been given to him, and his apostles(or vice versa, as you wish) in the lore of old mythologies and beliefs.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Jesus claimed to be the doorway to the light. I believe His words, and I believe in Him. All violations against God's Law involve either a violation against Him directly, a violation against yourself (self loathing), or a violation against a fellow man. Either way, a violation is either carried out against God personally or an individual created in His image.

Spirits can influence us, but they can't control us. That's analogous to the difference between a probabilistic system and a deterministic one. A probabilistic system is probably predictable. A deterministic system is 100% predictable.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Through me can mean changing the behavior patterns to become like him (Χριστος (Christos) meaning "anointed"). Sheep and Goats is a Yeshua telling people many will fool themselves believing they are Sheep but will be Goats by action.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Jesus is the seed which is born every 29 1/2 days (moon in your sun sign) which must be raised through Jacobs ladder ("33" vertebrate of the spinal column) up to the pituitary (isis) and pineal glands (RA). Christ or Christos is the anointed oil the seed travels in. Once this is done, reincarnation is no longer necessary. SEX is why people screw this up because your not supposed to waste the seed. This is the giant secret.

Each of the 12 zodiac signs correspond to the 12 primary body functions. We are given the salts of these signs for 9 months and we are all missing 3 salts. Those 3 salts must be consumed to complete the balance of all 12. Once this is done, the body (Temple) is cleansed so that this other magical process can take place. Whichever 3 months that you were not in the womb are the 3 your lacking.
edit on 26-9-2019 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

This link explains the 12 cell salts. www.homeopathystore.com...

Not selling anything just a reference to the salts.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreatWork

You're touching upon a very tangled set of correspondences there. I'll explain what I mean from the Bible.

The Sun represents Christ as the Groom, thus the moon represents the bride, reflecting the Sun's glory. On an internal level, the Sun represents the heart, and the moon represents the mind. One side of the moon is always a mystery to us, the other side always waxing and waning; conscious and subconscious passing through phases of strength and weakness.

The zodiac correspond to the 12 tribes. Their associated blessings and curses are listed in Genesis 49, but their actual sequential order corresponds to how the 12 tribes camped themselves around the tabernacle (another symbol for Christ/Sun/Heart. Thus the Sun signs represent the phases of the heart, while the moon signs represent phases of the mind.

I do take Christ to be the uniquely begotten Son of God. By believing in Him, we can share in His field of conscious, so to speak; however, I do believe that this mystery is reflected in the symbolism of the tabernacle, Sun, and heart.

I take Israel to represent the subconscious mind, the bride of occulted knowledge, and the "church" (ekklesia) as the conscious mind, or the bride of revealed knowledge. Proverbs 4 makes a vague distinction between wisdom and understanding, but integrates both into a singular feminine symbol. If you read Revelation 21-22, the two brides are integrated together into one city, the New Jerusalem. It is founded upon the 12 tribal patriarchs, as well as the 12 apostles. At that point, the earth has no need for a moon or a Sun, because the city will be the new source of light--the new temple. It will be a time when the symbols of the Sun and moon are totally integrated in marriage.

As you can see, by just reading the Bible alone, the symbolism runs very deep, in multiple layers. Much of it speaks about Christ as God, while some of it speaks about consciousness and how it is to be transformed by Christ.
edit on 26-9-2019 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

There is also symbolism of Christ as the seed, which Jesus Himself explained that the seed must first die to be raised up incorruptible. Paul commented on that part in his explanation of resurrection. While resurrection is the theme, ultimately, it is centered on the idea of spirit-manifestation....sowing your desire to the Spirit, so that it can be raised up incorruptible. The seed/desire must always die before the manifestation can come to pass.

Christ died for our sins, so that He could raise us up incorruptible with Him. Thus Jesus as Christ represented the desire of the Father. Jesus in the resurrected state represents the first fruits of the Father's desire being manifested. We, as believers in Christ are the remainder of that same manifestation waiting to be harvested in the proper season.

As you can see, I take the Bible quite literally, as well as symbolically. It has proven to be a powerful mixture of beliefs for me.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Egoismyname

I see Christ as both the man-God and the system of consciousness that He built for us in the Holy Spirit. To be in Christ, to abide in His name, in His Love, is more than just faith. Its a system of building faith by gaining knowledge, metabolizing it, and applying it in Love. Its a process of integration...spiritual individuation unto sanctification.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

There is also symbolism of Christ as the seed, which Jesus Himself explained that the seed must first die to be raised up incorruptible. Paul commented on that part in his explanation of resurrection. While resurrection is the theme, ultimately, it is centered on the idea of spirit-manifestation....sowing your desire to the Spirit, so that it can be raised up incorruptible. The seed/desire must always die before the manifestation can come to pass.

Christ died for our sins, so that He could raise us up incorruptible with Him. Thus Jesus as Christ represented the desire of the Father. Jesus in the resurrected state represents the first fruits of the Father's desire being manifested. We, as believers in Christ are the remainder of that same manifestation waiting to be harvested in the proper season.

As you can see, I take the Bible quite literally, as well as symbolically. It has proven to be a powerful mixture of beliefs for me.

Most of it all has more than one meaning. Like Israel for instance.
Is - Isis
ra -RA
El - Elohim Is-Ra-El

From all I have studied thus far, the old and new testament are the micro and macrocosim. Above and below, etc. Much is deep psychology too and not just the body, but the mind itself. It is crazy I tell ya. But if you look deep, each and every religion tells the same story. It all comes from the same core truths. Fascinating stuff.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Currently, I believe we are all one. There is only one of us. The one. The all. We are simply in the mind of the all. Nothing was created. Nothing was destroyed in our manifestation. Even though we are all one, at this point in the game we are also separate. At some point we will all collapse back into one, the ultimate safeguard against any creation going awry.

But at this point I believe we exist with a spiritual soul and are experiencing this reality through a physical host. I don't think there is linear time outside of this reality, but a limit on our experience. All of our memories will stay with us, even when we collapse back into the one. When we are born into the material world, only a sliver of our experience is allowed through the veil as intuition but there is a core to who we are, based on past actions and past lives. We get some input into our mortal coil so even now, we are a product of ourselves, with no one to place blame on except for ourselves, even our spiritual selves.

We are the ultimate mind game that I believe is still going into splits and not even close to the collapse back into the whole. None of this I can prove just as nothing beyond the veil can be proven. It is all about the mental construct you create to interpret this reality. So much potential out there and so much waste.

This reality is a type of perfection where the stifling non changeableness of perfection has been conquered.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

That's the beauty of "hermeticism". (I put that in quotes, because I don't believe this knowledge is really owned by Thoth/Hermes.) The entire system is both subjective and functional. Usually, for something to work functionally, it must be understood objectively. What I find, is that its best to be evenly yoked with both objectivity and subjectivity.

I do see these principles echoed in all religions, as well as most philosophies. I think its accessible to anyone who actively seeks it. Thus, in my opinion, it is a thinly veiled mystery.

For me, however, the mystery which was not revealed in ages past, but has been given to us now, is that of Christ. Old Testament symbolism is all about Christ, but few actually understood it back then. Perhaps Moses, David, and Solomon had a shadow of an understanding...but when YeHWaH incarnated Himself in the form of Jesus, He gave us the mystery that was previously inaccessible to mankind. Hermeticism is simply relativistic physics (one could even call it epi-physics), but the mystery of Christ is beyond any system revealed in any other religion.

An analogy I like to use:

Hermeticism is the Knowledge of Good and Evil...the knowledge of preference. This is analogous to the theory of Relativity. All pieces fit together in a relativistic manor to create the whole....subjectivity.

The Revelation of Christ is above the preferential Knowledge of Good and Evil. At its core, it is non-relativistic. This is more along the lines of Quantum chirality vs relativistic helicity. The only way to enter into Christ is through the door, which is Jesus (Yehoshua', the incarnation of YeHWaH). This is the objective truth (as I have come to understand it) which provides the structure for subjective truth. It is very similar to a conducting metal; it has a rigid crystalline structure, which allows free electrons to be shared as an internal fluid, like a condensate.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Our views aren't that different. I believe we are the quantization of one (monads of the Monad). Sort of like a magnet that is dropped and shattered. It is no longer one magnet, but many. At that point, the many pieces produce a very incoherent field, but the introduction of an external magnetic field will cause them to reorient themselves into a coherent field. Thus, while the pieces are many, the aggregate field is one.

Its a bit different that what you see, but still somewhat resonant.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Funny you should mention Chaos Magick, i too have experimented with this, with good results.

It is a really interesting very strait forward method that involves simple reasoning (no crazy arse hidden boogyman stuff).
edit on 26-9-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join