It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate votes to terminate Trump's 'national emergency' for his border wall — again

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
shareblue.com...

Seriously?
LoL

edit on 9 25 2019 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Bear not bare

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Pretty much how I knew it would go. Instead of talking about the Senate you decide to attack me... lol...

A senate vote and I am accused of being on welfare and for open borders...you guys are sad

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Hey OP, be more critical about your information, shareblue source is a super hardcore liberal left leaning site that feeds willing low info voters, do better.

If that is his 'source' it explains a lot about his history of posting.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

a reply to: cognizant420

what makes you think I get welfare?

Because you speak like a person that has the education of someone on it.

Just like your thread “Is not about the wall” according to you — but it’s in your title, dude.

Thanks for calling me a POS, haven’t got that one in a while.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ManWhoWasThursday

Racism towards black and brown people doesn't affect me so it must not be a problem.... /sarc

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I don't doubt the vote but your source is fresh out of the DNC printing room. Leftist bias propaganda, much.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

My military family is telling me that they do not like where trump is taking that money from.

My sister a hard right trump supporter has already said she wont vote at all in 2020 if he does this.

Turns out a lot of repub voters in key senate republican states are upset.

At the time of the initial vote, Congress did not know which defense projects would be affected. Earlier this month, the Department of Defense released a list of projects potentially impacted and several of the projects are in states Democrats are targeting in their effort to flip the Senate.

The dems see this and are targeting those states.

The new digital ads will run on Facebook and target McSally, Tillis, and McConnell as well as Senators John Cornyn of Texas, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, and Cory Gardner of Colorado.

I think this is connected to why the house and senate vote unanimously to release all the whistleblower info.

edit on 25-9-2019 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2019 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Well, you said illegal immigration doesnt effect you in your op, the only thing I could think of was you must have free health care and not work and pay taxes. If I'm wrong then you have no idea how bad illegal immigration is affecting you.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

A day after the House announced a formal impeachment inquiry, the Senate voted to reject Trump's 'national emergency' at the U.S.-Mexico border. In a 54-41 vote on Wednesday, the Senate supported a resolution to terminate Trump's declaration of a national emergency at the southern border. The vote marks the second time in about six months that a bipartisan group of senators rejected Trump's attempt to use the emergency declaration to take money from military families and use it to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border. The vote also comes one day after Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced a formal impeachment inquiry into Trump's criminal behavior.

Are they seeing the writing on the wall? going against the president?

I am glad they stood up to him.
Is illegal immigration a problem? IDK, it does not seem to affect me.

Is it a national emergency? NO.
shareblue.com...

Mexico is going to pay for the wall... that was his rhetoric. and ya'll come out say they will pay for it in the long run...

Taking money from military families to pay for his monument to himself???
I do not have a problem with border security, pretty sure there was money appropriated for it...

Glad the repubs did something good.

Is murder a problem? I dunno, doesn't effect me, so I guess it's not and we should do nothing about it.

So much logic.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

Anti-white racism is prevalent.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I get to talk to Border Patrol every couple of weeks. There is still an emergency at the border.
a reply to: highvein

I am not saying there is or isnt.... I just find it curious that the repubs are going against the president on this.

It is as if the Repubs and Dems don't want this problem fixed. The same way it has been for years.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Checking other sources (The Hill, a conservative site), it appears that this is a long-term delaying strategy by those opposed to the wall (source: thehill.com...)

They can repeat this measure every six months, so I expect to see this same headline crop up at least twice in the next year.

Trump is trying to divert military construction funds into his wall (designated for upgrading military bases, improving facilities, taking care of some necessary repairs.) Business Insider lists some of these (including upgrading security and the base entry point at a military base in Turkey: www.businessinsider.com...)

Having lived on military bases, I think that diverting the funds away from base security (and in the Middle East, yet!) is a recipe for disaster.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

I get to talk to Border Patrol every couple of weeks. There is still an emergency at the border.
a reply to: highvein

I am not saying there is or isnt.... I just find it curious that the repubs are going against the president on this.

It is as if the Repubs and Dems don't want this problem fixed. The same way it has been for years.

I think that it's concern for our military. A lot of legislators have some military background, and showing them that the diverted funds mean that our military bases in the Middle East (where we've had some attacks and deaths) aren't going to get repaired and upgraded would certainly hit home.

Trump says that these (which also include munitions storage facilities) are unimportant.

(partial list of projects that would be canceled if Trump diverts those funds: www.businessinsider.com...)

Now... you may disagree, but I think a strong military is very important... and a strong, secure military is vital to the US.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Now... you may disagree, but I think a strong military is very important... and a strong, secure military is vital to the US.

A strong military is what we have now thanks to Trump. Trump ramped up spending for the military to get around the red tape in order to help build the wall. Reporters are trying to spin it as our military would suffer greatly from diverting funds. It happens all the time. Other Presidents have done it. Hell, the Pentagon couldn't account for 21 trillion dollars between 1998 and 2015. So I really don't see a problem.

The report indicates that for fiscal year 2015 the Army failed to provide adequate support for $6.5 trillion in journal voucher adjustments.

www.forbes.com...

This is not something new that just came about, although the never Trump crowd want everyone to believe that it is.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Expect this every 6 months. They dont have the votes to override his veto so they will have to wait 6 month again before the next vote.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

[exnews

I am glad they stood up to him.
Is illegal immigration a problem? IDK, it does not seem to affect me.

Interesting.

tinner07

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 16:28

An illegal alien breaking our immigration laws sneaking into our country but only to make a better life for himself and his family..

OR

A legal citizen driving to work to make a better life for himself and his family without a drivers license?

They both broke a law.
The difference is the illegal alien will have a host of advocates.
They will speak of the virtues of the illegal, playing on the fact that he just wants to make a better life for himself and his family.

I lost my drivers license due to a couple DUI's.
I don't drive.

What if I did drive? is it ok to drive to work against the law?

You may speak of the evils of driving drunk and I understand,

speak also of the evils illegal immagration. The trash they leave, the fires they cause, and yes, the deaths and rapes .

So anybody that says people have the right to break our immagration laws also should say I have the right to drive without a license.

I am working on getting my license back. I have struggled. Lived in motels, moved 9 times, and ran every possible land based form of transportation to get to work without driving.
So it pisses me off when people say it is ok to break the law for immagrants.

Tell me its ok for me to break the law and drive to work if it benefits my family and then I might have sympathy for the illegalls

Link:www.abovetopsecret.com...

Quoted for posterity.
I'll await any explanation for this then.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Not if it was an illegal MS-13 member that shot my kid at school. Just saying.

In that event, I would say that illegal immigration was the problem.

edit on 16-10-2019 by Fowlerstoad because: added a line

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join