It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate votes to terminate Trump's 'national emergency' for his border wall — again

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

against our natural rights and cannot be
i am not sure we have natural rights...

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Would you still say this after one of them rapes and murders your daughter?
a reply to: KKLOCO
how dare you even say # like that? Is that what you hope?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
From your link,

Trump was forced to veto a similar resolution and is expected to do so again.

The power of the VETO, once again, y'all got nothing.

Truth is, illegal immigration is a massive problem and it effect the US as a whole, while you individually doesn't, your ignorance od the subject is fascinating considering you're of the mentallity that if it don't bother you, who cares type.

Good job.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I am glad they stood up to him.
Is illegal immigration a problem? IDK, it does not seem to affect me.

a reply to: tinner07

What a selfish. It's like saying " f# the rest of the people".

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
www.vox.com... umm dont think this changes anything but i dobut share blue would have told ya that OP

On Wednesday, Senate Democrats forced a vote on a resolution terminating the national emergency Trump first declared in February to obtain money for a border wall, and it picked up a decent showing of Republican support. It’s the second time Democrats have pushed a vote on this specific declaration, something they have the ability to do every six months, as laid out in the National Emergencies Act of 1976. This time around, Democrats were joined by eleven Republicans, a decrease from the 12 Republicans who voted to terminate the emergency in March. While the resolution passed again with a vote of 54-41, it’s expected to get vetoed by Trump.
trump still has his phone and a pen, and will veto this because they didnt have a veto proof majority in the vote(they can try this every 6 months apparently) but hey 11 republicans voted with the dems this time so i guess you got that going for ya

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hey OP, be more critical about your information, shareblue source is a super hardcore liberal left leaning site that feeds willing low info voters, do better.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Tinner07 Is illegal immigration a problem? IDK, it does not seem to affect me.

Would you still say this after one of them rapes and murders your daughter?

Illegal immigration adversely affects many people. Your statement is obtuse.

Don’t dissuade him from using this argument. It will be perfect for me to use the next time I encounter a climate change nut.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Vaping is a public emergency. The illegal drugs being brought over the border and human trafficking is not. WTF?

Gov. Charlie Baker declares vaping public health emergency
www.wcvb.com...#

edit on 25-9-2019 by neutronflux because: Fixed this and that

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Maybe its pertanent due to the fact that has actually had a negative impact on citizens. The people in question were raped or killed by a ghost while paying our government to be ghost busters.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

Or, perhaps, the steps that have been taken, and the policy changes that have been made, that resulted in a massive reduction if illegals crossing the borded, hav brought the once emergency situation to an, at least, manageable level? Don't let reality get in the way if TDS though.
a reply to: Mach2

Maybe that is the case...but of course you bring up tds....

This was the Senate, not me... and you are afflicted with IWTSTBSD syndrome... lol

I bring up TDS, simply because of the biased way the topic was presented.

You went off on a tangent, about how President Trump may be losing Senate support, rather than the far more likely scenario I layed out.

I know an unbiased opinion ia not required on thia forum, but if you are going to present only one side of an issue, you have to expect others will help you out by presenting the flipside of the coin.

My definition of TDS is when one dislikes the "man" so much, that they can't allow themself to assess reality, and what is good for the country, without bias.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

It affects you too. Maybe you are on welfare and think you are not paying taxes for illegals idk. But just think, if we didn't have to pay for the illegals your wellfare would probably be more than it is.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I get to talk to Border Patrol every couple of weeks. There is still an emergency at the border.
a reply to: highvein

I am not saying there is or isnt.... I just find it curious that the repubs are going against the president on this.

The political establishment in DC is against anything that will turn over their apple carts. Trump is an outsider just a blip in the political establishment of DC.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Masterjaden

against our natural rights and cannot be
i am not sure we have natural rights...

So according to you, we should have open borders AND no guns to protect ourselves. Sorry buddy, if we had open borders, the first thing I would do — is buy a gun.
edit on 25-9-2019 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I am glad they stood up to him.
Is illegal immigration a problem? IDK, it does not seem to affect me.

You probably didn't get trafficked, drugged, and raped by Epstein. So I guess that wasn't a problem either? What an absurd argument about something that overwhelming evidence shows is a problem.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Regardless of whether or not it's a universal truth, under American government we do.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Nope that's what we're actively working against.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Maybe you are on welfare
a reply to: cognizant420

maybe you are
what difference does that make?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

You probably didn't get trafficked, drugged, and raped by Epstein. So I guess that wasn't a problem either? What an absurd argument about something that overwhelming evidence shows is a problem.

No I did not.... did you?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

So according to you, we should have open borders AND no guns to protect ourselves. Sorry buddy, if we had open borders, the first thing I would do — is buy a gun.
a reply to: KKLOCO
where did I say that? come on jackwagon... where did I say that?

Show me where I said that.... exactly what I thought.... you pos... I knew it...

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: cognizant420

what makes you think I get welfare?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join