It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate votes to terminate Trump's 'national emergency' for his border wall — again

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

A day after the House announced a formal impeachment inquiry, the Senate voted to reject Trump's 'national emergency' at the U.S.-Mexico border. In a 54-41 vote on Wednesday, the Senate supported a resolution to terminate Trump's declaration of a national emergency at the southern border. The vote marks the second time in about six months that a bipartisan group of senators rejected Trump's attempt to use the emergency declaration to take money from military families and use it to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border. The vote also comes one day after Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced a formal impeachment inquiry into Trump's criminal behavior.

Are they seeing the writing on the wall? going against the president?

I am glad they stood up to him.
Is illegal immigration a problem? IDK, it does not seem to affect me.

Is it a national emergency? NO.
shareblue.com...

Mexico is going to pay for the wall... that was his rhetoric. and ya'll come out say they will pay for it in the long run...

Taking money from military families to pay for his monument to himself???
I do not have a problem with border security, pretty sure there was money appropriated for it...

Glad the repubs did something good.

edit on 25-9-2019 by tinner07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Might wanna add a source.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
but didn't SenTillis vote a 2nd time today (wed) to back trumps emergency wall declaration/fund?

not terminate it?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Or, perhaps, the steps that have been taken, and the policy changes that have been made, that resulted in a massive reduction if illegals crossing the borded, hav brought the once emergency situation to an, at least, manageable level?

Don't let reality get in the way if TDS though.

edit on 9252019 by Mach2 because: Sp

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Or, perhaps, the steps that have been taken, and the policy changes that have been made, that resulted in a massive reduction if illegals crossing the borded, hav brought the once emergency situation to an, at least, manageable level? Don't let reality get in the way if TDS though.
a reply to: Mach2

Maybe that is the case...but of course you bring up tds....

This was the Senate, not me... and you are afflicted with IWTSTBSD syndrome... lol

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I get to talk to Border Patrol every couple of weeks. There is still an emergency at the border.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Tinner07 Is illegal immigration a problem? IDK, it does not seem to affect me.

Would you still say this after one of them rapes and murders your daughter?

Illegal immigration adversely affects many people. Your statement is obtuse.
edit on 25-9-2019 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

but didn't SenTillis vote a 2nd time today (wed) to back trumps emergency wall declaration/fund? not terminate it?
a reply to: tulsi

I did not read that.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

would you say gun violence is a problem after your child was shot in school?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Imagine being so uninvolved as to think a problem that doesn't directly affect you must mean there is no problem. Sad to see the state of minds of some people who have no care for their country. Let chaos reign baby!!

Oh it's a partisan hack, nevermind then.
edit on 25-9-2019 by ManWhoWasThursday because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Tinner07 Is illegal immigration a problem? IDK, it does not seem to affect me. Would you still say this after one of them rapes and murders your daughter? Illegal immigration adversely affects many people. Your statement is obtuse.

I am sure it does. more likely to be shot in school though dont you think? you have a problem with guns?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

Tinner07 Is illegal immigration a problem? IDK, it does not seem to affect me. Would you still say this after one of them rapes and murders your daughter? Illegal immigration adversely affects many people. Your statement is obtuse.

I am sure it does. more likely to be shot in school though dont you think? you have a problem with guns?

Your OP is about the wall, not guns.

And yes, it is Americans right to bare arms. I personally don’t own any. But I have no problem with others owning them.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Imagine being so uninvolved as to think a problem that doesn't directly affect you must mean there is no problem. Sad to see the state of minds of some people who have no care for their country. Let chaos reign baby!
a reply to: ManWhoWasThursday
Is that what I said or you making # up???
Did I say there was no problem???did I

I have no care for my country? did I say that??? Did I

you are the f in problem

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Your OP is about the wall, not guns.

umm no, my OP was not about the wall....

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The trump administration's attempts to kill off some endangered species got taken to court today by senators also.
wiping out species to own the libs

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Yes, more importantly, that crazy violence is a problem and that taking guns from sane people who want to be able to protect themselves and others is not only not the answer but is unconstitutional, against our natural rights and cannot be allowed.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Yes, more importantly, that crazy violence is a problem and that taking guns from sane people who want to be able to protect themselves and others is not only not the answer but is unconstitutional, against our natural rights and cannot be allowed.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I get to talk to Border Patrol every couple of weeks. There is still an emergency at the border.
a reply to: highvein

I am not saying there is or isnt.... I just find it curious that the repubs are going against the president on this.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

You mean we can wear sleeveless shirts if we want? J.k.,I think you meant bear arms.

Jaden

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join