It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Transcript - Viewed Through Partisan Lens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

It doesn't really matter if Trump broke the law.

aint that the truth?

doesnt really matter.........

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: HonorablyTainted

It's like someone took a big stick and jammed into a giant nest of right wing wasps!

POTUS has way more support than just from the Right. I swear, it's like you guys learn nothing!

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

a reply to: HonorablyTainted

I think whether or not he should be impeached should be solely based on if it is clear he blatantly broke laws he has sword to uphold.

What law was broken?

I don't know. You tell me. It doesn't really matter if Trump broke the law. It's bad optics as this point to use political campaign jargon.

So you dont know, but he should be impeached anyway?

Do you guys actually listen to the words when they fall out of your face?

PS Yes biden did get the man fired who was investigating his sons illegal dealings:

IN his own words

Linking youtube isnt working anymore so here
edit on 25-9-2019 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Democrats getting a total ass whipping today 😃😃

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Democrats getting a total ass whipping today 😃😃

I'm in Arizona and I can hear this strange screaming coming out of Cali.

😭

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Let's also talk about how an anonymous DNC plant who wasn't privy to the any information in the call can file a whistle blower complaint about said call that then dominates the news headlines for weeks. It's a joke.

For the DNC they don't care or need it to be true (none of the stories have been true yet). They just need someone to give them yet another fake anti-Trump story to buy a few more weeks of negative coverage.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yes. Certainly Ukraine, who has Russia breathing down their neck, would desperately want the United States to have their back. So when the President says, "We've been great to you guys, more so than your European neighbors and we are gonna great to you in the future. So if you got a moment. Investigate my political rival for me."

The more I think this out. The worse it is.

edit on 25-9-2019 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

It's par for course. This is American politics.

So far it's tamer than last cycle, but I'm sure it will heat up soon.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
Is one President telling another President, "Hey we do a lot for you guys, more so than your neighbors. And btw, can you look into my political opponents possible shenanigans", illegal? Slightly unethical?

“The President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.”
— U.S. Constitution, Article II, section 4

Could Trumps conversation be construed as bribery or a misdemeanor?

If it could, I would have to say that so could 90+% of every conversation with any other head of state, other than UK, Canada, and the Aussies, by any president could be considered the same.

Presidents generally don't ring up a foriegn leader for ****s ang giggles. They usually want something.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Now Democrats saying "this was never about the transcript" !!!!

😃😃

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: HonorablyTainted
Un-redacted Ukraine Transcript

www.scribd.com...

So the pundits on both sides of the aisle are showing exactly how objective the media is capable of being in today's world of endless smear campaigns.
This is being viewed as one of 2 ways based soley on the basis of Party lines.

Republican Version - Trump was only pursuing the legal investigation into the illegal investigation turned witch hunt based upon the Russian Collusion narrative fabricated by the Hilary campaign and a complicit media. This transcript exonerates the President entirely of any wrong doing.

Democrat Version - Trump must be impeached, he obviously was pressuring the Ukranian government into investigating a political rival to help himself in the 2020 presidential election.

In truth, I don't believe the President has done anything wrong here, if Biden and his son are guilty of what they have been accused of than why wouldn't the President ask them to take a second look at this? Simply because Biden is currently trying to gain the Democrat primary shouldn't mean he is above being held accountable for unethical actions does it?

Thought I'd throw this to the Mud Pit because I know you guys are just itching to scream at eachother over this one, so have at it. I'm going to sit down with some popcorn and a few other moderates and just enjoy the show.

The MSM keeps trying to ignore Biden's corruption. I saw an article on the NYTs website which highlighted the part of the transcript where Trump asks to look into Biden, but then doesn't highlight the very next sentence referencing Biden bragging about the corruption.

Biden's corruption is pretty shocking. It doesn't matter if he is running for President or not, why wouldn't any sitting President want to know about that level of corruption from a former VP?

It is like how the left wanted to blame Russia for Hillary's email getting hacked, but then ignore the content of those emails showing the Democrats rigged election.

The guilt of one does not exonerate the other.

If an individual has broken the law, they cannot point to another lawbreaker as a legal defense for their actions.

In that scenario, they are both guilty.

So, if Trump did the wrong thing, then he can't point to Obama, or Hillary, or Biden, or whomever, as justification.

edit on 25/9/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They are so done.

4d.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I just came across an article that shows in 2018 three democrat senators sent a letter to the Ukraine goverment asking them to investigate trump....

They couldn't possibly have been insinuating that they would pull their support for Ukraine funding could they?

thefederalist.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Let's also talk about how an anonymous DNC plant who wasn't privy to the any information in the call can file a whistle blower complaint about said call that then dominates the news headlines for weeks. It's a joke.

For the DNC they don't care or need it to be true (none of the stories have been true yet). They just need someone to give them yet another fake anti-Trump story to buy a few more weeks of negative coverage.

Any anti-Trumper in govt. can make up a story about something they heard (rather than witnessed) and feed it to the media in order to create a # storm. Been happening since January 2017.
The Dem playbook is to keep smearing and pearl clutching regardless of any substance.
Throw enough # at the wall and hope some sticks come election time.

Problem is most of it seems to be sticking to them at the moment - we'll see next year.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
Is one President telling another President, "Hey we do a lot for you guys, more so than your neighbors. And btw, can you look into my political opponents possible shenanigans", illegal? Slightly unethical?

“The President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.”
— U.S. Constitution, Article II, section 4

Could Trumps conversation be construed as bribery or a misdemeanor (aka abuse of power) for attempting to get dirt on a political opponent?

Impeachment document used to help Impeach Clinton

I think you are mincing words here. Joe Biden is a democratic primary candidate. He has not even won the nomination and likely would not. If he is a criminal then let him be charged. If he is clean they wouldnt even attempt to prosecute him and he would come out looking good.

My interpretation of your statement is that you belueve he is guilty and this is damaging to him. Is this correct?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

😃😃

Do you think by chance Rudy Guilliani is the "whistleblower" and this is perhaps a massive setup agaisnt looney democrats?
edit on 25-9-2019 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

😃😃

Do you think by chance Rudy Guilliani is the "whistleblower" and this is perhaps a massive setup agaisnt looney democrats?

Probably not Guilliani but you never know

🤫

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

And since he didn’t do the wrong thing or break any law whatsoever, he has no need to point to anyone

Totally exonerated, again.

What a surprise

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I just came across an article that shows in 2018 three democrat senators sent a letter to the Ukraine goverment asking them to investigate trump....

They couldn't possibly have been insinuating that they would pull their support for Ukraine funding could they?

thefederalist.com...

Asking them to investigate ‘Russian collusion’

Another fake media-fed lie that the easily-manipulated swallowed whole

We know how that turned out. Hoax.
Just like this debacle, a total failure

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Hrmmm.... You're right. He's not a nominee yet. Even more curious as to why Trump would call Ukraine's President and ask him for the favor. Also if Biden has done something illegal he should be investigated.

If by he you mean Trump. I think that Trump has quite possibly done something wrong here.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join