It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Transcript - Viewed Through Partisan Lens

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Un-redacted Ukraine Transcript

www.scribd.com...

So the pundits on both sides of the aisle are showing exactly how objective the media is capable of being in today's world of endless smear campaigns.
This is being viewed as one of 2 ways based soley on the basis of Party lines.

Republican Version - Trump was only pursuing the legal investigation into the illegal investigation turned witch hunt based upon the Russian Collusion narrative fabricated by the Hilary campaign and a complicit media. This transcript exonerates the President entirely of any wrong doing.

Democrat Version - Trump must be impeached, he obviously was pressuring the Ukranian government into investigating a political rival to help himself in the 2020 presidential election.

In truth, I don't believe the President has done anything wrong here, if Biden and his son are guilty of what they have been accused of than why wouldn't the President ask them to take a second look at this? Simply because Biden is currently trying to gain the Democrat primary shouldn't mean he is above being held accountable for unethical actions does it?

Thought I'd throw this to the Mud Pit because I know you guys are just itching to scream at eachother over this one, so have at it. I'm going to sit down with some popcorn and a few other moderates and just enjoy the show.
edit on 25-9-2019 by HonorablyTainted because: Because

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: HonorablyTainted

I think whether or not he should be impeached should be solely based on if it is clear he blatantly broke laws he has sworn to uphold.

edit on 25-9-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I think whether or not he should be impeached should be solely based on if it is clear he blatantly broke laws he has sword to uphold.

What law was broken?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Dup.
edit on 25-9-2019 by Muninn because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: HonorablyTainted
Un-redacted Ukraine Transcript

www.scribd.com...

So the pundits on both sides of the aisle are showing exactly how objective the media is capable of being in today's world of endless smear campaigns.
This is being viewed as one of 2 ways based soley on the basis of Party lines.

Republican Version - Trump was only pursuing the legal investigation into the illegal investigation turned witch hunt based upon the Russian Collusion narrative fabricated by the Hilary campaign and a complicit media. This transcript exonerates the President entirely of any wrong doing.

Democrat Version - Trump must be impeached, he obviously was pressuring the Ukranian government into investigating a political rival to help himself in the 2020 presidential election.

In truth, I don't believe the President has done anything wrong here, if Biden and his son are guilty of what they have been accused of than why wouldn't the President ask them to take a second look at this? Simply because Biden is currently trying to gain the Democrat primary shouldn't mean he is above being held accountable for unethical actions does it?

Thought I'd throw this to the Mud Pit because I know you guys are just itching to scream at eachother over this one, so have at it. I'm going to sit down with some popcorn and a few other moderates and just enjoy the show.

The MSM keeps trying to ignore Biden's corruption. I saw an article on the NYTs website which highlighted the part of the transcript where Trump asks to look into Biden, but then doesn't highlight the very next sentence referencing Biden bragging about the corruption.

Biden's corruption is pretty shocking. It doesn't matter if he is running for President or not, why wouldn't any sitting President want to know about that level of corruption from a former VP?

It is like how the left wanted to blame Russia for Hillary's email getting hacked, but then ignore the content of those emails showing the Democrats rigged election.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I think whether or not he should be impeached should be solely based on if it is clear he blatantly broke laws he has sword to uphold.

That is exactly right.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

edit on 25-9-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

This is exactly my point. If he (Biden) did not usurp his power as vp to extort or bribe a foreign nation then biden would look really good in this mess. We all know he did so its a metter of whether anyone is willing to look into it. as i stated in another thread, remember Sessions shut down Trump when asked to investigate matters several times. Barr may do the same if he does not feel there is enough to prosecute Biden. What Trump did is not wrong. Its in the interest of the people.
edit on 25-9-2019 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Latest CT I'm hearing is that the real reason the Dems are pushing impeachment is the fact that AG Barr may work with Ukraine for the supposedly checked DNC Server they may still have there....

.....it could mean finding the origins of the whole Russian Collusion hoax....

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Is one President telling another President, "Hey we do a lot for you guys, more so than your neighbors. And btw, can you look into my political opponents possible shenanigans", illegal? Slightly unethical?

“The President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.”
— U.S. Constitution, Article II, section 4

Could Trumps conversation be construed as bribery or a misdemeanor (aka abuse of power) for attempting to get dirt on a political opponent?

Impeachment document used to help Impeach Clinton

edit on 25-9-2019 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

It isn't a Transcript it's a memorandum.

Merriam-Webster took to Twitter to clear up the difference between the two words, noting a transcript is "a typed copy of dictated or recorded material" and a memorandum is "an informal report or message."
thehill.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Construed?
That basically means interpretation.
He didnt seem to hint that the money wasnt coming if you dont do this for me.

Could it also be construed that he was saying a bunch of money is headed your way so you might want to check into this guys involvement with the previous presidents administration?
Possible payoffs?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Construed?
That basically means interpretation.
He didnt seem to hint that the money wasnt coming if you dont do this for me.

Could it also be construed that he was saying a bunch of money is headed your way so you might want to check into this guys involvement with the previous presidents administration?
Possible payoffs?

The left is going to argue it is a mob like threat or the quid pro quo was implied... "Nice country you have there, it would be a shame if something happened to it..."

Of course while ignoring Biden actually did threaten to withhold funds if they didn't fire the prosecutor investigating his son's corruption. ON FREAKING VIDEO....

You can't make this sh*t up....

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yeah. Could it be construed that he hinted at how helpful he has been to Ukraine. How he wanted Biden and his son investigated. So that Ukraine would continue receiving the same help.

And you also have to wonder if Ukraines President has been watching how Trump treats people that fail him. And how he would definitely want to be on Trumps good side.

At first blush this seems somewhat innocuous, however it may not be.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Maybe Biden should of been impeached for that. I don't know.

But now it's Trump that is being investigated.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Maybe Biden should of been impeached for that. I don't know.

But now it's Trump that is being investigated.

So let's impeach Trump for asking Ukraine to investigage the corruption of the previous VP who happens to be running for President. Not only that, the previous VP actual did the crime (in his own words on video) that the the left is now alleging Trump did....

It is time to go to that off grid cabin. This country is F'd....

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Well that's kind of my point.

Words like "could, wonder" couldnt possibly be enough proof for an impeachment.

But to your point. I would think any country wanting to keep the cash inflow would kneel or at least lean towards a presidential "hint", "request", "suggestion"

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

What law was broken?

I don't know. You tell me. It doesn't really matter if Trump broke the law. It's bad optics as this point to use political campaign jargon.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

It's like someone took a big stick and jammed into a giant nest of right wing wasps!

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Ah, so now you don't know if he broke the law, funny how fast you guys are changing your tune.

Good luck.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join