It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This impeachment hearing is stupid, like really stupid

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: contextual

originally posted by: TheMadTitan

It sure looks like quid pro quo

What did Trump offer in exchange?

You copy pasted the same comment you wrote in another thread, here, and failed to answer the same question I just asked as another user posited to you in the other thread.

Answer the question.

Military assistance.

Against Russia? Isn't he a puppet of Russia?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: odzeandennz

You don't believe Trump is stupid enough to ask a foreign government body for help?

Which signs in the past 3 years or in Trumps reality-show career begs to differ?

The fact that his entire life, past and present, has been under microscopic scrutiny for the last 3 years with the sole intention of finding dirt on him and coming up miserably short and empty handed every single time suggests he just might be smarter than you want to give him credit for.

I dunno..

Classic example of under estimating your enemy. I swear he let the MSM blow up and the democrats to announce an investigation to release the full transcript.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Well they just released the transcript so I guess we'll find out soon.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

You copy pasted the same comment you wrote in another thread, here, and failed to answer the same question I just asked as another user posited to you in the other thread.

Answer the question.

Military assistance.

They already had that.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: feldercarb

1) This may be a back hand attempt to attack Joe Biden. Since Biden is the current "pick" for the democrats; then he is hard to attack via the media. This situation attacks both Trump and Biden. Bring up Biden's use of threats to get his son a job in Ukraine.

That wouldn't be a wise move either considering Mr. gaff is doing a pretty good job of destroying his candidacy all by himself.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Its stupid in a "normal" context. Many of us here in the states are becoming used to it.. The cry of wolf has just been abused so, so very much.

But.. What if there is a different situation happening here?

I believe there might be an effort to concentrate power in unison with extending reach and territory, but not in the terms we are used to seeing.

Its an age old Story, really, its just on a different scale and in a different cultural context. Same feudalism though!

Many, including myself, tend to think of "threats" on something like the national level in terms of countries, alliances.. They are openly presented and declared groups of people under a common banner of where they live (frequently where we were born), and usually a perception of "home."

The latter may never change, but in the modern world, a true national threat (or even full take over) is perhaps more likely from a "nation" without an openly declared identity. Even better if the citizens of this "nation," the serfs and peasants, arent aware of where they owe their allegiance. Specifically, what "nation" they build and support with their actions.

Its a new kind of nation for a new age. Based in outdated paradigms, unified in all the wrong ways, manipulated into a societal and cultural disconnect by constant trash information, without borders, and connected through technology in real time. 'Cept when the internet is down, naturally.

And, at the core of it all: a pathogen of the mind so virulent and contagious, it infected even its creators. So effective, that even the ones who knew how to handle it best, succumbed.

Would probably make a good book...

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Let’s take a look at this from the other side of the coin.

I’m pretty sure that there is little to support the argument that Pelosi is truly “non-partisan”.

I’m also pretty sure that, given her extended tenure in the house, she is probably quite cognizant
of the term “political repercussions”.

These two assumptions have been well demonstrated by her reluctance, and resistance, to pressure from members of her own party to pursue Trump’s impeachment.

Until yesterday.

And interestingly enough, until After she spoke to Trump on the phone about the very circumstances we now believe to be the basis of her “change of heart” on the appropriateness of an impeachment inquiry.

The White House has released a memorandum of the president’s Ukraine phone call (although not the actual transcript of the call), as is standard practice, in the name of transparency.

And what has been released, by itself, really doesn’t appear to rise to the level of a document that would support a move to impeachment.

And yet Something has moved Rep. Pelosi from her long-standing “No impeachment” stance to her current supporting position,

Despite! the potential political repercussions she could be incurring both for herself and her party.

Dare I say it is possible that she knows (or at least has strong reason to suspect) something that we in the public have not yet been made privy to?

We have not yet heard, directly, from the so-called whistleblower, although word is that he/she has asked to testify before Congress. It is therefore not yet possible to do anything but speculate as to the extent any testimony provided will substantiate, corroborate, or possibly refute what has been released on the matter.

And, as with the Butterfield testimony given during the Watergate impeachment hearings, the as yet unnamed whistleblowers testimony, if it is allowed, could very well send this inquiry into new substantive territory.

As Trump has often said:

“We’ll see...”
edit on 25-9-2019 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Maybe because Crowdstrike is based in California? wink wink

This investigation will open up a whole can of corruption in the Obama Admin along with the DNC.

This is the last gasp of drowning rats.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Despite! the potential political repercussions she could be incurring both for herself and her party.

Like what exactly, losing the Presidency or something?

Is there any data on said repercussions or is it just the usual fear-driven advise from conservatives who wanna see the Dems... err... "thrive"...?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Losing the Presidency, as in losing the 2020 bid to defeat Trump, yes.

And that is just for a start.

Look at what happened when the Republicans sought to impeach Clinton.

Not only was he not removed from office, but they set the table for Obama to extend Democratic control of the Presidency for another eight years.

An unsuccessful impeachment bid will decimate any existing support the Democratic Party retains in “middle America”; exactly where it can least afford to lose what little support it still has.

Pelosi knows this, or should, and could have squelched the impeachment factions in the party if she really wanted to, to save the party from potential harm.

But she chose not to.

And I am left to wonder why.

Facing an almost certain defeat of the impeachment bid when it goes to the Republican-dominated Senate, and the damage that will do to the Democratic Party in the eyes of the public, has Pelosi nevertheless decided to give her party the middle finger?

Or, does she actually believe, perhaps based on information we are not yet privy to, or perhaps on word from a sufficient number of confidential Senate sources, that Trump’s impeachment has a better than snowball’s chance in the Senate, despite what the public might believe.

Maybe there are “special circumstances” involved?

Maybe Article 25 will play some part?

We are in the realm of professional politicians, something Trump famously is not.

I’m just thinking that things are a bit too “inexplicable” at this point to rule out almost anything but plain stupidity.

At this level, the politician players are anything but stupid. But again, Trump is not a politician.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Middle America... lol, another endangered species right there! Who cares? Well. Maybe you have a few good points, I dunno. But... still... a botched impeachment will be a win for Biden.
Trump is likely going to come across crooked as usual either way, I'm not sure he can play the underdog trump card again.

So no, this looks well played thus far. It's a win-win game for the establishment Dixiecats. They'll soak up media attention like crazy and Biden is going to be their hero either way.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It sure looks like quid pro quo.

Trump had no understanding of the limitations of the office. He thought being president meant freedom to be lawless.

I sure hope Trump doesn't get impeached. I still prefer Trump over Pence. Every liberal Democrat I know prefers Trump over Pence.
....you literally just posted this exact post in another thread.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
You still managed to get your licks in at Trump, amazingly, but still, the overall gist was positive and formal.

Here,

*tosses S + F towards Coin*

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

My friend's stepmom is a German citizen, he talks to her by phone once a week. He says she's just as clueless and ludicrously misinformed as you are. Just thought you should know.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Im honestly not sure Pelosi could have squashed it down.

She is in a tough position, though she kinda dug the hole.

The entire premise behind the justice democrats is to dismantle the establishment democrat party, among other things, and rebuild it in the way they want. Sure, they use real flowery language, but they are quite open about it.

The dems, as a whole, have objectively moved further and further "left." What this means for the old guard is that they need to play a game that they are not very adept at.

They feel they need to appeal to "middle america," but are also trying to appeal to the support garnered by the new guard. Due to the nature of things, this is not really possible.

But they will try...

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Answer the question.

Military assistance.
We already provide Military Assistance you dolt, lol.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Middle America... lol, another endangered species right there! Who cares? Well. Maybe you have a few good points, I dunno. But... still... a botched impeachment will be a win for Biden.
Trump is likely going to come across crooked as usual either way, I'm not sure he can play the underdog trump card again.

So no, this looks well played thus far. It's a win-win game for the establishment Dixiecats. They'll soak up media attention like crazy and Biden is going to be their hero either way.

quoting this just to see how long before it's the punch line.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Wait! You have a friend?

Thanks for the kind words, UP. Send her my best regards!

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: underpass61

Wait! You have a friend?

Thanks for the kind words, UP. Send her my best regards!

Just go upstairs from your basement and tell her yourself.
😋

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

No worries, but perhaps when everything you just prognosticated turns out to be 180 degrees from reality you'll see I was just trying to help. You have no blame in this, the conditioning is strong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join