It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This impeachment hearing is stupid, like really stupid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
In fact this impeachment hearing is so stupid it’s almost too stupid to believe.

Let’s face it, it’s no secret that I am not Trumps biggest fan however, even I don’t think he is stupid enough to believe that he could get away with asking a foreign state to outright gather dirt on a political rival given what he just went through with the whole Russia thing. Even if he is somehow stupid enough to do this I can’t believe that his advisors would let him do it.

I could be wrong, am open to the idea of there really being something behind this but I don’t buy it, I don’t believe Trump should or will be impeached over this.

Granted I have been caught up with Brexit stuff and might not have a full accounts of the facts but still.

I refuse to believe even Trump would be this stupid.

That leads me to a logical conclusion that this is being done for political reasons
edit on 25-9-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
But now Pelosi has painted the entire Dem majority in the House into a corner they cannot get out of.
As well as all Democratic presidential candidates.
Makes one wonder who is calling the Dems' shots.

edit on 9/25/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Like trump or not, people need to realize that he has years of experience talking to and negotiating with very powerful people.
Likely being recorded.

I dont for one minute believe he's an innocent little angel but if you are going to attempt an impeachment you better bring your A game.

This is going to fail miserably in my opinion and hand trump the 2020 election. Maybe that's Pelosi's plan...
edit on 25-9-2019 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

You are correct.
He has already stated that it would be foolish to think that his phone conversations, especially calls with the leaders of other countries are not being recorded and/or listened in on by a myriad of security agencies.

My personal belief is that this whole "whistle blower" thing is a trap for the media as well as the Democrats trying to find ANYTHING to stop his presidency and likely reelection in 2020.

S&F

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

1) This may be a back hand attempt to attack Joe Biden. Since Biden is the current "pick" for the democrats; then he is hard to attack via the media. This situation attacks both Trump and Biden. Bring up Biden's use of threats to get his son a job in Ukraine.

2) This has the potential to backfire on the more "militant" of the left wing in the House of Representatives. Thus strengthening the position of old guard in the democratic party.

There are many reasons to do this for political gain. Makes perfect sense. Also it is believed that given the current state of the economy that Donald Trump is likely to get reelected. Thus, this can give an out for the potential loss by the democrats in the next general election.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
In fact this impeachment hearing is so stupid it’s almost too stupid to believe.

Let’s face it, it’s no secret that I am not Trumps biggest fan however, even I don’t think he is stupid enough to believe that he could get away with asking a foreign state to outright gather dirt on a political rival given what he just went through with the whole Russia thing. Even if he is somehow stupid enough to do this I can’t believe that his advisors would let him do it.

I could be wrong, am open to the idea of there really being something behind this but I don’t buy it, I don’t believe Trump should or will be impeached over this.

Granted I have been caught up with Brexit stuff and might not have a full accounts of the facts but still.

That leads me to a logical conclusion that this is being done for political reasons

looks like the transcript of the call proves you correct
too bad our dems don't subscribe to your thinking

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Face it, were in for 4+ more years of obstruction. Perhaps the DOJ will clean house in the next Trump administration, taking with them some of the democratic riff raff.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

'g'day OSOTC! We're you around to grow up w Trump? Knew and watched young millionaire playboy "businessman" since the 60's....this was always his "M.O".

I watched him grow through 50 yrs of "I'm privleged" red-eyes, always laughing and reshuffling the deck...denying everything.

I don't support him, maybe that's why. But, he's our President, and I support the Presidency even if I don't support the person.

Thanx OSOTC...for taking my reply. Best to you,

MS/EMT-1st Responder

*PS Sorry digressing from OP..but wanted to respond, esp. to you!

edit on 25-9-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Honestly I have not yet had a chance to read it yet but from what I have seen the media reporting they’re saying no smoking gun.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

"I refuse to believe even Trump would be this stupid"

Even moderately clever people rarely become billionaires, or manage to keep Billion$ of a great fortune, inherited or self made..
So yea, he's pretty smart, and our President and most powerful man on earth, and at times humble remembering God.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Honestly I have not yet had a chance to read it yet but from what I have seen the media reporting they’re saying no smoking gun.

there is nothing there
"hey would you look into this"
"schedule a call with my guys"

it was a generic congrats call
no promises made

the dems have severely overreached
which is sad because if trump did actually commit a crime now no one will listen to them
it is literally that bad

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

It sure looks like quid pro quo.

Trump had no understanding of the limitations of the office. He thought being president meant freedom to be lawless.

I sure hope Trump doesn't get impeached. I still prefer Trump over Pence. Every liberal Democrat I know prefers Trump over Pence.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

You don't believe Trump is stupid enough to ask a foreign government body for help?

Which signs in the past 3 years or in Trumps reality-show career begs to differ?

What about Trump makes you think he wouldn't stoop to that level?

Don't lie to yourself.

Trump simply has an 'out' so to speak, he will simply say it was tongue and cheek comments made.
And his minions will defend that vehemently, or whatever excuses he and his cronies have lined up.

Don't get duped into Trump can't be that stupid just because the democrats seem to be more stupid than Trump the last 3 years; Trump is that stupid and carefree.

+28 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Good god man, just stop already.

Show some actual proof he broke the law or just shut up. If he committed a crime prosecute his butt.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Ding ding ding. We have a winner already.

This is the same old pre-emptive 'mea culpa' we have seen over and over.

Trump 2020. This country is going to shilt as a society and global leader. Not even Iran gives 2 shlites about Trump.
All of our foes want Trump elected again. Why have terrorists bombers when you have mass shooterz (mental health if white, terrorist if other) doing the dirty work.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Am not lieing to myself

Just think, how utterly stupid would he have to be to have actually done what he is accused of give that very history you speak off.

I just can’t stretch to believe even he could be so stupid that’s all.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

It sure looks like quid pro quo

What did Trump offer in exchange?

You copy pasted the same comment you wrote in another thread, here, and failed to answer the same question I just asked as another user posited to you in the other thread.

Answer the question.
edit on CDT10America/ChicagoSepam25CDT0230am by TheMadTitan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

It sure looks like quid pro quo.

Trump had no understanding of the limitations of the office. He thought being president meant freedom to be lawless.

I sure hope Trump doesn't get impeached. I still prefer Trump over Pence. Every liberal Democrat I know prefers Trump over Pence.

edit on 9/25/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

You don't believe Trump is stupid enough to ask a foreign government body for help?

Which signs in the past 3 years or in Trumps reality-show career begs to differ?

The fact that his entire life, past and present, has been under microscopic scrutiny for the last 3 years with the sole intention of finding dirt on him and coming up miserably short and empty handed every single time suggests he just might be smarter than you want to give him credit for.

I dunno..

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMadTitan

It sure looks like quid pro quo

What did Trump offer in exchange?

You copy pasted the same comment you wrote in another thread, here, and failed to answer the same question I just asked as another user posited to you in the other thread.

Answer the question.

Military assistance.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join