It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transcript released - WH - No quid pro quo

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Oraculi

FYI: I saw this not long ago... can't vouch for the source:

NEW- BREAKING:

GOP Rep. Devin Nunes just told the House chamber that the acting DNI will transmit the whistleblower complaint to Congress at or by 4p today.

Source

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gorgonite
This is just a piece of the puzzle and it’s damning. Trump clearly asks a foreign leader to investigate his political rival and work with his personal lawyer. This is collusion people. Remember that whole thing that was investigated by Mueller? Yeah, this is that.

The Trump admins only chance at getting out of this is attempting to normalize this behavior. Based off some responses in this thread he very well may be successful.

I don’t understand why you people aren’t pissed? The Trump admin thinks you people are so stupid you will buy anything they say. They are telling you this behavior is ok and you are eating it up. Do you have any self decency left at all? Trump has played you like a fiddle.

You probably don't know that the US and Ukraine have a treaty in place that allows for cooperation in criminal investigations, do you.

edit on 25-9-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Can anyone succinctly lay out and list the crimes Trump is accused of committing?

You would have to work very high up in the government to even get a glimpse of possible articles of impeachment that are even being considered. You don't work in the government, do you?

Consider this while waiting for someone to list exact charges to you:

Nixon was investigated for 2 years. He called for an end to that investigation publicly many times. But the actual impeachment inquiry started 2 years later. Then it went on for 6 months of inquiry before they were ready to recommend his 3 articles of impeachment. Then he resigned before they could do that.

In this case, there are many allegations of corruption but no actual charges of crimes that would be filed for a while. Or may never, depending on what is found.

So asking for someone to explain to you at this moment and list what the future charges would be is being impatient, to say the least.

(post by Serdgiam removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: dfnj2015

It sure looks like quid pro quo.

What did Trump offer in exchange?

Bottom of page 2, President Zelinskyy states that they'd like to buy more "Javelins", for defense purposes. Top of page 3, President says, "I'd like you to do us a favor though

To me, in my opinion, that "favor" is a stipulation. A quid pro quo, if you will.

I could see it being a stipulation if he'd said "I'd like you to do us a favor first, though."

To me, it simply looks like Trump was trying to get to the point of his call amid a litany of praise. No where else is there an indication of quid pro quo.

One simple line, in a very long conversation it looks like. And I don't see a reaffirmation of quid pro quo at the end, to seal whatever deal you think is there.
edit on 25-9-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

Go after the ball not the player.

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!
edit on Wed Sep 25 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

You're going off the deep-end?

Let's not disregard T&C talking about other members.

May I suggest ttaking a break? Your paranoia is showing..

Peace

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Biden: That’s a nice billion dollars. Pity if something were to happen to it.

quid pro quo
/ˌkwid ˌprō ˈkwō/

Countries coercing other countries in the best interest of their respective leaders directions aren't illegal.

Presidents coercing other countries with US Sovereign money/power into working for him to discredit/hurt his political rivals is.

Its pretty simple.

Yep
Nothing of such in the transcript
Nothing of such from the witness

Zip
Zero
Nada
Bubkus

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Oh, I went off the deep end long, long ago. Technically, I was never in the pool to begin with though. Didnt see "paranoia" in the sarcasm though..

So, you must be referring to my comments about believing the BS? I think its pertinent. The more stuff like this gets trotted out, and the media and dems attempt to call Trumps bluff.. It moves past simply eliminating their credibility and directly into automatic disbelief.

At the same time, it removes those who do believe it (despite the wild claim/next day retraction cycle) further from what the rest of us perceive as consensus reality.

I think thats a problem from so many angles.

Sorry DTOM

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
so which nomentclature is this running on now?

is this Kavanaugh 3.0

or OMB 2.0

didn't they screw up one like this last week?

SAME M.O.

was this an editing problem too?

😊😉😉🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚🍳🍳🍳🍳

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

So you support investigating someone until you find a crime.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Wayfarer

No, no, no. The problem is withholding something of great value to a country for not acquiescing to one's demands. The US has no right to tell Ukraine who they can and cannot have as a prosecutor, any more than the Ukraine can tell the US to fire someone. Biden did that, specifically.

You cannot twist the law to only affect those you choose to believe are the bad guys. The law either applies or it doesn't.

TheRedneck

Not only did he do it, but by doing it the investigation into the company that his son works for was dropped. Not coincidence.

That’s not true, the case was reopened.

Nazar Kholodnytskyi, the lead anti-corruption prosecutor in Lutsenko's office, confirmed to me in an interview that part of the Burisma investigation was reopened in 2018, after Joe Biden made his remarks. "We were able to start this case again," Kholodnytskyi said.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

So you support investigating someone until you find a crime.

When was it you stopped beating your wife?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Ok I am a little late to the thread but here is my take on the entire thing -

Congratulations President Trump on winning your 2nd term in November 2020.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

...and there it is, the brainwashing exposed. The moment they mention Nixon, you got one dug in deep, pity, we need critically thinking members and not the usual followers of liberal media, tho I suppose it serves its purpose as to the happenings in their echo chambers.
edit on 25-9-2019 by Arnie123 because: Heh

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I have been looking, but I cannot find any reference to the DNI's duty to forward complaints to Congress in any US Statute. Can you tell me which statute you are referencing so I can look for myself?

After all this is said and done, whichever way it goes, new laws need to be put in place to strictly regulate the paths of communication and perhaps additional oversight, maybe civilian?

Yeah, we don't want our leaders talking to leaders in other countries.

Wait... I thought we weren't supposed to be isolationist? When did they change that?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Trump's ‘transcript’ of Ukraine call unlikely to be verbatim

Instead, because of standard White House protocol for handling phone calls between the president and other world leaders, a transcript is likely to be put together from written notes by U.S. officials who listen in.

Lin k to Reuters

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Can anyone succinctly lay out and list the crimes Trump is accused of committing?

1) He is undoing decades of work which has enriched soulless corporatists from both parties and worldwide. This latest Biden-Ukraine episode exposes "business as usual" and how both parties work to enrich themselves and family using their political clout.

2) He has completely bypassed the media priesthood, talking/typing directly to anyone with an internet connection who does not need an "interpreter" talking head telling him/her exactly what the President "really means" or "is really saying".

3) Has completely exposed the myth of an unbiased press corps, and rubs their noses in their failures. Exposed unethical and incompetent journalistic standards as one fake "bombshell" report by unnamed sources unravels after another. "Fake news" entered the common lexicon, media trust and media ratings are plummeting as he dares swing back.

4) That his messaging and his policies have shown how awful the previous decades of trade policy have been for the average American while it enriches corporations and the politicians bought by them. This has slammed the brakes on the globalist agenda and caused ripple effects worldwide resulting in various populist movements.

5) Has survived the ongoing weaponization of the intelligence community and the political, corporatist establishment.

6) Despite the onslaught of nonstop 24 hr propaganda, a soft coup, and entrenched swampcreatures on both sides of the aisle, his messaging and policies have not only generally worked, but his popularity is actually rising breaking the control system of the "two-party" corporate uniparty, "17 intelligence agencies" , and mainstream media has established over the general population.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join