It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Universal Religion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Finspiracy

a reply to: dfnj2015
I agree we do not need a new religion, just like we didn't need the old ones, but archetypes are persistent and not easily scrubbed from cultures, or individuals for that matter.

Some people need "the old ones" Religions that already exist here on our planet. A religion can give a person comfort, and they can be really pleasant individuals. Not always, but it can happen and has already happened multiple times.

I think they believe they need the old religions because they don't know any better and refuse to learn any better. Taken to extremes, religion has an adverse effect on the psyche and turns otherwise good people into unconscionable monsters. Fortunately, most people aren't extremists, but religion in moderation enables extremists by blocking criticism of the extremists religion and by often secretly agreeing with the basics of the extremists cause.

From you Klass, a fundamentalist, extremist atheist
Describing your own faith
Atheist extremists are no different, Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao, list of atheist extremists is just awe inspiring isn’t it
I expect a tirade of abuse for criticising your faith and a string of viscous denials about your beliefs
Mirror mirror

Normally, I don't bother replying to you any more because of your inability to have a civil discourse, but insults and goading aside, the three you mention are good examples of extremism, even if you do bring them up every chance you get as if they're some kind of trump card against anyone who doesn't buy into the abrahamic fairy tales. I don't exclude any group, including atheists and anti-theists from religious thinking and extremism. There are always those who are willing to harm others to get their way, and make others believe and behave as they want them to. Theocracies and dominionists are a glaring historical testament to that.

Oh you pillar of virtue
Don’t bother replying...ahem

Abrahamic religions, fairy tales?
Well for sure atheists extremism isn’t a fairytale
I don’t want you to ever forget that goading you isn’t that tricky and you taking the moral high ground based on what atheists have done isn’t a solid foundation either

I will remember to point out extremism on both sides when called for, you have a fun day

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Raggedyman

a reply to: mamabeth

Sigh...I should have kept my post under 145 characters. The twitter generation can not hold complex thoughts in their heads.

Oh come on, it’s not even your post, it’s a rehash of all philosophy ever and the average Jordan Peterson podcast
Sigh, nothing new

Let me summarize your position. I am full of crap, Jordan Peterson, no other reason given.

I'm just impressed that you even know how to spell the word philosophy. Keep up the good work.

Oh what a wonderful twiteresque reply

I would polish up your comprehension but it isn’t really necessary

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

That's the problem...people are telling you how and what to think.

Just wondering how that is any different from any other flavor of religion or spirituality? Especially the Abrahamic ones.

edit on 9-25-2019 by WakeUpBeer because: format

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

You forgot: Farmer, Husband (and in Husbandy)

Also we don't need a universal religion - everyone takes the journey alone. Religion is about power and control not useful spirituality.

What we don't need is more fantasies masquerading as reality.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

If you actually read the last part of my OP was not advocating a Universal Religion. I was actually arguing the opposite.

I've come to the conclusion it doesn't matter what i write. People will read it and invent an understanding based on their own pareidolia.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeepImpactX

Religion has kept us from advancing more than any other institution. It needs to die.

Not to worry...

The End of False Religion Is Near!

Current events-The End of False Religion is imminent! (playlist)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

a reply to: FyreByrd

If you actually read the last part of my OP was not advocating a Universal Religion. I was actually arguing the opposite.

I've come to the conclusion it doesn't matter what i write. People will read it and invent an understanding based on their own pareidolia.

No - people, me included, read what they want to read. Facts seem to count for little, my apologies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join